Chapter 11 - Eventful

Coincidence? Planned?
“Hey, do you know it’s rude to read other people’s stuff without permission. Didn’t your parents teach you that--” Adiana looked up to see that the guy had taken off his sunglasses and her eyes widened at the face that she was staring at. Why the hell is Kwon Ji Yong sitting opposite her!!! Adiana have been a fan of G-Dragon ever since the debut of Big Bang and being the sister of Xiah Junsu, she have been trying to pull strings to meet G-Dragon but to no avail. Instead, she got to know Super Junior, SHINee, 2PM and all as YG artistes are hard to meet.
Adiana, you are the sister of an idol. You are the chief inspector in the police. Don’t scream. Don’t scream. Don’t scream. Don’t scream. Don’t scream. Don’t scream. Don’t scream. ARGH! Heck it.
Adiana failed in an attempt to psycho herself and let out a fangirl squeal. Apparently, GD had his fair share of meeting fans and had quickly wore the hood over his head and looked to the corner of the shop before the heads in the shop turned their attention to the maker of the squeal. Adiana mouthed and signaled sorry to the other customers and they all turned back to their own respective tables.

“Are you crazy? Are you trying to blow my cover?” Ji Yong questioned her.
“Oh my god. Ji Yong-ssi. I am such a fan of yours.”
“I know.” He answered as he took one of the reports and started reading.
“Ji Yong-ssi, I--”
“Just call me Ji Yong. You are Xiah Junsu seonbaenim’s sister and the chief inspector who’s in-charge of all the idols-related cases right?” Ji Yong looked up and asked her.

“Yeah. May I know why are you doing here?” Adiana questioned as her left hand slowly moved towards its target, unknown to the owner.
“I came to find you specially. I know that you will be here. I did my research.” Ji Yong answered her, oblivious of the movement of her hand.
“Oh. And..you came to find me for?” Adiana continued questioning, her hand inching closer and closer to the target. One more question and I will get it.
“I just had the feeling that YGE idols will be involved next so I might as well find out what had exactly happened and ask the rest to be more cautious, just in case. Better be safe than sorry right?” Ji Yong answered.
“Hmmm..For the Super Junior case, the person shifted the gerbs. For the 2PM case, she “poisoned” the food. So just make sure you check all the props and food properly? We will be sending out a warning to all the entertainment companies. And we are guessing YGE to be the next target too. I mean, since she got 2 of the BIG 3. And seeing how the trend goes, I’m thinking 2NE1 will be next? Since they are making their comeback soon.” Adiana answered as her hand grabbed its target - GD’s phone that was on the table.
“Not Big Bang? Big Bang is promoting now, isn’t it?” Ji Yong questioned, still caught up in the conversation and not realising that his handphone had gotten into the hands of a fangirl.
“Well.. We are just guessing that they might target a girl group after targeting 2 guy groups?” Adiana continued as her hand, holding onto the handphone retreated to her side, out of Ji Yong’s direct line of sight.
“That makes sense as well. No wonder you are one of in charge of the 2 top CID teams.” Ji Yong continued the conversation as Adiana unlocked his phone and keyed her own number in.
“Seriously? How much research did you do before you came to find me?” Adiana said and pressed the dial button to see a new unknown number flashing on her handphone screen. Yes. Got it!
“So did you research about the other in-charge as well? But anyway, just be more cautious. You have no idea when trouble decide to strike again.” Adiana said as she quickly locked the phone again and slowly slide the phone back to its original position.
“Cosy? You girls became totally famous among the idols after the first 2 cases. You have no idea how exaggerated stories of Cosy and Taecyeon are spreading among the idols. There was this version that Taecyeon left Cosy when she was pregnant. But anyway, we will be more careful. Thanks for telling me so much information by the way. This is my number. Call me if anything crops up. Or well, you can message me if you are bored too.” Ji Yong said with a smile as he took one of her pens and wrote his number down on the corner of one of the blank piece of paper.
“Aren’t you afraid of giving me your number? A fan can totally harass her idol every single minute, you know?” Adiana asked as the phone was returned to its original position.
“I don’t mind being harassed by someone as pretty as you. Or you can totally pass the number to Cosy as well. She looks tasty.” Ji Yong flirted and gave the bad boy look. He wore the hood back on, put on his sunglasses and slid his phone into his pocket.
“Give me a missed-call, okay?” Ji Yong said and left the table, walking out of the store.
“PSHT. If I know that he would give me his number, why did I went through all that trouble of trying to get the number. BABO!” Adiana mumbled and gave a missed call to Ji Yong while she gathered her documents. As Adiana was about to step out of the store, someone called her back. She turned, to see Cosy in the queue waiting for her turn to get her drink.

“Sis. Was that Kwon Ji Yong that left your table just now?”
“How did you know? He was wearing like hoodie and sunglasses plus he was looking at the floor all the way.”
“I am a chief inspector for goodness sake. And what’s with the phone taking and what did he write for you before he left? Let me guess. You took the phone, gave yourself a missed call, and then in the end, he did the anti- thing of giving you his number?” Cosy asked with a smirk.
WTF how did she even guess!

“If you are guessing how I know, let’s just say I saw you taking the phone, saw him writing on the paper and then saw that you seemed to be swearing under your breath when he left. So adding 1 plus 1 plus 1, it came to that conclusion. And well, I just know you for too long already.” Cosy replied her.
“Pft. Anyway anyway, I’ll tell you everything on our way back!” Adiana squealed excitedly, as Cosy retrieved her drink from the bar counter.
Pretty much that whatever Adiana said was what Cosy guessed, but a plus point was that the latter got Ji Yong’s mobile number as well!
“Cool, since now we’d have first hand information if any of the YGE artistes are harmed.” Cosy stated. And I can get to contact the fashion icon too. Cosy smiled to herself at the thought of that.

As the 2 girls stepped into the Cosy’s team office, they were presented with the view of a huge flower stand in the middle of the room.
“Cosy! You are back!” Gyuri exclaimed as she left her seat and Cosy saw Junsu and Wooyoung seated around Gyuri’s table. Nichkhun and Junho were talking to Sang Bum and had also turned to look at her. And then she saw at Jae Suk’s table, Jae Suk, Chan Sung and the devil himself. Why could Cosy recognize every single one? She did her research despite saying that she hated Taecyeon. But her ego still didn’t allowed her to be nice to the devil at all.

“Guess who sent this flower stand?” Gyuri continued as she held onto Cosy’s arm.
“2PM? To thanks us for solving the case? I am sorry but the case is not solved and you do not have to specially thank us because it’s our job.” Cosy said coldly as she took her arm out of Gyuri’s grip and proceeded to walk to her room.
“Cosy!” Cosy heard her name coming out from the lips of her first ever boyfriend.

“I am really sorry, babe. I didn’t want to face having to say ‘Goodbye’ to you. I didn’t want to see you crying and biding me goodbye.” Taecyeon attempted his usual cheesiness that totally didn’t do its magic on an apparently very irritated Cosy.
“HA. HA. HA. Just don’t appear in front of my eyes anymore. You left 6 years back on our anniversary day and you didn’t even bothered to say a word. You allowed me to sit at the cafe where we first met and waited for you like some idiot until its doors closed on me and you didn’t even bothered to send a message to say you are not coming. And guess what was the reply I got from your parents when I asked them about you. ‘Oh. Taecyeon has left for Seoul.’ Reason? Must not be named. Do you really think you are Harry Potter now, that leaving Seoul for debut preparation is a secret that must not be named? And I must be Ginny Weasly and wait for you? How old are we now?” Cosy said in sarcasm.
“And sorry totally doesn’t help the situation now, just get out of my sight.” Cosy stopped in front of her room’s door and continued before walking in and slamming the door.

“She just totally shot you back with cheesy sarcasm.” Gyuri let out a small laugh and Wooyoung’s hand went over imemdiately.

“Dude. Seriously. You totally screwed up big time. Are you crazy? At this kind of time, and you are still trying to use cheesiness to patch up? Honestly?” Jae Suk asked, breaking the silence in the room.
“Cheesiness will always work out in the end.” Taecyeon said, undefeated by Cosy’s sarcasm.
“Taec, seriously? You are unbelievable.” Junsu said.
“Cheesiness will only work with the prior condition that she won’t be annoyed by your cheesiness. Which apparently the prior condition isn’t fulfilled in this case.” Gyuri continued.

“Okay. Let’s just stop the argument now? What are we gonna do with this flower stand?” Sang Bum questioned.
“Up to Cosy. It wasn’t from 2PM. It was from Taecyeon only. Look at the words.” Wooyoung said.
“Oh. That means it can go to the rubbish dump already.” Adiana stated as a matter of fact.
“Eh buddy! What are you doing here!” Yoon Sung walked in, announcing his arrival as he went into a brotherly hug with Chan Sung.
“I just realised that all of us have connections with someone in the entertainment industry, somehow.” Seon Hee came in as well.
“I am never going to draw the relationship table! It would be too complicated.” Anna continued as she walked into the room.
“Woah! Why is the room so crowded! And Nichkhun!” Hyun Ae came in, surprised by the number of people in the room.
“Ah! Hyun Ae! It’s been long! 4 years?” Nichkhun replied.
“Another new found friendship going on.” Seon Hee said as everyone in the room just burst into laughter.
“Anyway! 2PM just came here for fun? I thought we would have presents!” Adiana stated and Cosy just suddenly came out of her room holding a few pieces of paper in her hand and went around hugging each of the 2PM member, including Taecyeon, to his shock. Cosy was too happy to notice that.

“Guys! Sponsored trip from JYPE for catching the culprit and guess where we are going! MALDIVES!” Cosy announced as everyone in the team cheered.
“Well, that was the present.” Junho said and everyone cheered again.
“So.. Does the flower stand stays now?” Sang Bum questioned again, causing silence to engulf the room and death glares sent in his way.
“Unfortunately, no.” Cosy answered and gave Taecyeon a ‘too-bad’ look as she headed for the door to the meeting room. “De-brief for the case and briefing for holiday trip! Those not involved, please leave now~” Cosy said in a sing-song voice as she headed into her room.

“Gyuri, now I believe you when you said your boss is bipolar. Cosy IS really bipolar.” Wooyoung said to Gyuri as he gave her a goodbye hug and bade everyone goodbye and left the room.
“Okay. We should make our move. Bye cousin! Bye everyone!” Junsu said to Sang Bum and then to the rest. “Bye best friend!” He said to Gyuri before he left the room.
“Hyun Ae, get my number from Sang Bum. We will catch up soon! Bye everyone!” Nichkhun said and left the room.
As the 3 other members left the room, Seon Hee was just stunned for words.
“I think we should really draw a friendship tree and find out who is related to who! This is so entertaining!” Seon Hee squealed as she walked into the meeting room.

“What friendship tree?” Cosy asked as the rest continued streaming into the room.
“Oh. I just realised every single one of us have connections with people in the entertainment industry and they somehow interlinked!” Seon Hee answered.

Everyone tried taking a seat each, but mostly the guys were either standing around or sharing seats with one another.
“Good news or bad news first guys?” Cosy asked the packed as sardines crowd in her room.
“Half!” Jae Suk tried giving a smart alec answer.
“Fine. Half. Since Hye Mi admitted to her own actions on this case as well as the previous ones, the Head decided to end this case here, and announce as it is to the public 2 days later during the press conference. I understand that with HyeMi’s absence, Cosy’s team will be one team member short...” Adiana started the de-brief.

“But not to worry, I’ve already chosen a new member from the few kindly shortlisted by the Chief for our team. And she should be reaching anytime.” Cosy continued after Adiana’s pause immediately as the door swung open.

“Annyeong haseyo. Jeon Hikari imnida. You can call me Kari.” The girl bowed 90 degrees to all her seniors in the room.
“Hi Kari. You are just in time. I am Cosy, your direct-in-charge and this is Adiana. She’s starting the de-brief for the previous case.” Cosy introduced herself and Adiana.

“Okay. Like I just said the Head has decided to end the case and reveal as it is to the public, however they had also sent an email to both Cosy and I that we are supposed to continue on with the investigations and find out the mastermind. Anyway, Anna, how are Super Junior? Are they recovering well?”

“Yeap. The guys are going through therapy and their conditions are fine now. Just that they might drop a bomb on SME anytime with a lawsuit.” Anna said earning sniggers from the rest.
“HA HA HA. If that does happen, I will totally support them, I will even be their witness to tell the world how SME disregarded their lives.” Seon Hee replied.
“What happened?” Kari whispered to Jae Suk who was standing beside her.
“Long story. You will know eventually.” Jae Suk replied.
“ANYWAY. The case is technically not closed under police files so we still have to work on it. But! That will be after the holidays in Maldives and I will pass the briefing of that to Cosy!” Adiana announced and clapped as Cosy took her spot.

“Mission ‘I am going to Maldives’ briefing! Woohooo!!” Cosy announced and everyone cheered.
“It will be a 4 days 3 nights trip and air tickets and the cost of the resort is sponsored by wonderful JYPE! But of course we have to bear the cost of the food and other miscellaneous stuff. But one good thing is that......... we can claim reimbursement!” Cosy continued on earning a round of cheers and applause from the room.
“The trip is 3 days from now, so I shall give each of you roles and we can plan to have a very fun trip alright! Gyuri and Hyun Ae will come up with the itinerary. Jae Suk and Anna, the games. Sang Bum and Seon Hee, the packing list, just to make sure no one forgets to bring something. Yoon Sung and Kari, our finance managers - they will make sure we don’t go over budget. Adiana and I will oversee the whole trip as well as the division of rooms, checking in and out and etc. Any questions guys?” Cosy asked, as everyone shook their heads at her.
“Okay! Then please go prepare and then we will meet back at the meeting room at.....now is 3pm... 6pm? Is that enough time?” Cosy said as everyone in the room scurried out to do the planning.

“So how are you gonna divide the room?” Adiana asked Cosy. “Ladies together and guys together or mixed?” Adiana her iPad and checked on the various resorts that is available on the Maldives as she sat own comfortably on one of the chairs.

“Oh oh, Cosy! I found the resort that we can stay in! Huvafen Fushi Maldives!” Adiana squealed in joy. “Their suites and rooms are all built on water, so we can go swimming and all whenever we want! I want to try snorkeling!”

“There are 10 people in the trip.. So does that mean there will be 2 people having their own rooms?”
Just then a knock sounded on the door. “Come in please!” The door opened swiftly, showing JYP himself standing at the door, greeting the ladies.
“Don’t be surprised ladies, I’m just here to discuss on the Maldives trip. I’ve already got one of my private jets, to bring all of you over, so there’s no need to book last minute tickets.”
Cosy and Adiana gasped. Since when did he have a private jet?! And did he just added ‘s’ behind jet?
JYP continued, “I’ll be booking the whole resort that you just chose, Adiana--”
“But sir, there’s only like 10 of us from the 2 teams going on the trip. There’s no need to book the whole--” Adiana cut off his sentence.
“Because I’m also bringing Mid-Day over to have their upcoming MV done there.”

With a bad feeling stirring up within her, Cosy asked cautiously “Is Mid-Day a new group? Who are they?” Meanwhile, Adiana turned her attention back on her iPad, tapping furiously on it as if she was trying to break the high score Cosy had set in Tap Tap Revenge 4 on HER iPad..
“You’ll find that out sooner or later, my dear.” JYP stated as Adiana’s eyes quickly scanned through the new featured story on allkpop.com.

Project group : Mid-day by JYPE.
Jo Kwon, Jin Woon of 2AM and Wooyoung, Junsu, Taecyeon of 2PM have came together to form the project group ‘Mid-Day’ and will be releasing a single for summer. The five will be making their way to Maldives to film the music video. Due to the anxiety caused by the recent accidents pertaining to idols, JYPE has sponsored the top 2 teams in CID to fly over to Maldives with them. Rumours had that one of the team leaders, Cosy had some kind of past with Taecyeon according to witnesses.

Stated from Miss X, a nurse at Seoul Hospital, Cosy actually went into the ward of Taecyeon’s, and she heard some quarreling and loud noises before Cosy stormed out of the room. She said that she could hear Cosy say something about Taecyeon suddenly going missing and how she wished he could drop dead to prove that he was sorry. So could Cosy be an ex girlfriend of Taecyeon?

“WHAT! Jo Kwon and Jin Woon from 2AM plus Woo Young, Nichkhun and Taec from 2PM?!” Adiana blurted out loud, and covered almost as immediately.
The face of the younger girl turned a shade darker as JYP nodded.
“This is so gonna be a disaster.” Adiana muttered.
“Don’t worry, their filming and schedules won’t get clashed with your fun trip, I ensure that. They are there for work after all.”
The older man stood up and fixed himself, before heading towards the door. As he placed his hand on the doorknob, he turned back and said, “Oh and don’t forget to send me the expenses and itinerary before tonight, 2359.” With that, he walked out of the door, biding goodbye to the two chief inspectors of the CID with apparent shock on their faces.

As Cosy and Adiana turned to each other, Cosy attempted to open and speak but Adiana cut her off before she could.
“Girl, don’t think of backing out of the trip. Don’t tell me you want to rot in Seoul for 4 straight days. None of us will approve of it. Unless you want all of us to stay with you in Seoul, are you that selfish?” Adiana said, giving Cosy the guilt trip.
“Alright.” Cosy said and let out a huge sigh, defeated. She really didn’t want to see Taecyeon. Plus, she was very sure that there would be reporters there and they would definitely make a big fuss if she were ever seen near Taecyeon.
Cosy and Taecyeon patched up?
Cosy and Taecyeon: Lovers became enemies
Cosy and Taecyeon seen together in Maldives
The possible headlines swimming in her head and she would definitely suffer the wrath of HOTTESTs regardless whether she was going to act normal with Taec or be as y to him or whatsoever. The media are always good at twisting words and pictures. A light peck that Junho gave to a 3 year old fan could be described as a lip-lock. How amazing.

Everyone got prepared for the trip within the past 2 days while Adiana and Cosy got a that more busy for the press conference which will happen the next morning, before their flight to Maldives.

It was the same place again. Iris Room, Grand Intercontinental Hotel. Reporters packed the place and one could almost see all that everything in the room was about the same. The same people sat at the same place, the same chairs, the same long table on the stage, well, the exception that there are different name cards on the table and the press conference was delayed. Adiana and Cosy had been standing by at the backstage, waiting for their DEAREST Director for 40 minutes and he finally decided to appear to conduct the press conference just to make that one statement, “Thank you everyone who are present it and we would like to give an update on the investigation of the case of 2PM, so I will pass it over to Miss Cosy here, the chief inspector who is in charge of the case.” Then the whole scene and Q&A was passed to Adiana and Cosy.
 
 
Long chapter ! But i guess our chapters are always long right ? :D We'll stop all the intense drama here and head on to the fun part of their gigantic mission in the next chapter ! :DD But bads news . >< Both of us are having major writer's block ! D: OH NO . And for inspirations to flow , I'll need to see more subcribers ~! :D - Adiana31
 
SUBCRIBERS AND COMMENTS ARE LOVED ! :DD
 
WOOOHOOO!! Finally all the drama stop! And I think, it will be fun and all for a few chapters before all the intense stuff come back again? HAHAH! It can’t be serious and no play all the way right? Cosy will just quit her job! ANYWAY! I forgot what I want to say, so oh wells! OOH! I resigned from my job, so I am supposed to be more free now but I am stuck without any ideas! Any interesting things you guys want happening?? PM me ideas if you have them!! (: Enjoy reading and comment comment comment!! :D - Cosyheartx