Chapter 6 - Again & Again

Coincidence? Planned?

---News broadcast---
“Nice ending, Adiana.You still did the same as what SME did, didn’t you?” Uki sat in front of the television watching the news broadcast.

---In some room---
“Accidental, isn’t it?” The girl smirked to herself as she clicked a button on the remote and the television flickered to a dull black.

---Back at HQ---
“DAMN SM! How can they do that to their artistes!” Anna shouted in fury as she threw her file on the table in the meeting room.
“Just continue with the investigations. It’s definitely not accidental.” Adiana said as she sat down in her chair.
“We were looking through the CCTV just now but isn’t it weird? We couldn’t find the person who shifted the position of the gerb. We questioned all of the pyrotechnicians and the whole backstage crew, but no one admitted to it. Except for Hyemi, who got caught in the accident with the fan girl back there. I mean she can’t possibly go shift the gerbs again right? In the report, the gerb is like 400 degrees and she already got scorched during rehearsal and she doesn’t have a motive either.” Yoon Sung started questioning as though the press conference had never happened.

“Maybe not all the names were on the list that day. Probably some of them did not have their names recorded.” Hyun Ae proposed.
“Aigoo! Then it’ll be a chore for us to search for the missing ones, even if we’re using the CCTVs..” Seon Hee exclaimed.
The meeting room lunged into silence again, with each of them lost in thoughts to find the next line of light to guide them to the next possible clue. This time, it was Adiana’s turn to speak.

“Anna, try to look through the CCTV clips again, look out for whatever that is new or suspicious. Hyun Ae, I want you to check with the forensics team to see if there is any new findings on the gerbs. Seon Hee, confirm with the pyrotechnicians if anyone has been deployed to move the gerbs after rehearsals or even before the performance starts. Oh, and check for any suspicious characters too. Yoon Sung, just do whatever you’re supposed to do. We’ll end here today.” After the long list of instructions, Adiana slumped back down into her seat and closed her eyes.

“Boss, any coffee for you? Starbucks?” asked Yoon Sung before he stepped out of the room. Adiana shook her head. “No thanks, and please don’t disturb me later.” The other 3 gathered their stuff and spoke amongst themselves on the way out.

---4 hours before---

They gave their all and sacrificed their sleep for this. Reaching the salon at 4am in the morning, fixing the hairstyles and makeup before reaching KBS building at 8am for rehearsal. The lights were dimmed as they took their positions on stage. This was the moment they had been training up for these past months. They longed to hear the cheering from HOTTESTs . Their stage will start in 5 ,4, 3, 2, 1.
The music played loud and clear. They started the song with an impactful introduction. Better dance moves, better appearances, better music than the last. Their title song came up 1 minute later, starting with a ballad like rap. Their fans were cheering for them as if it was their debut all over again. Satisfied with what was happening, it drove them on to perform even more passionately than ever now.
Seconds later , the whole venue was filled with screams by HOTTESTs which happened at almost the same time when one of the 2PM members fell sick on stage in the middle of their performance. The other 5 gathered around, concerned for their fellow member. Even the backstage crew rushed out .
"We apologise for the sudden situation. Music Bank will end here today, please continue watching next week." The whole show ended there and then, audience were ushered out of the venue as quickly as possible . The whole group was rushed to the hospital immediately, as another one felt the same symptoms as the first.

"It’s 2PM, happened 2 hours ago during their Music Bank comeback stage ."
“Yea boss, i know it was 2pm 2 hours ago.” Jae Suk rolled his eyes.
“Not the time dumbo! I meant the boy group 2PM from JYP!” Cosy smacked his head with the file in her hand.
"You can’t be serious! How many people?" He exclaimed .
"20 and counting. They are all in the hospital A&E now. The whole 2PM gang, with the set crew and we’re suspecting there’s more who will get it as well  ."
"I gotta inform Adiana about this then. Holy , how can this even happen!"
"Mind your words in front of me. The only person who have the position to scold here, is me, your Chief Investigator aka boss." Cosy smirked.
"I'll be coming with you, seems like it's time for me and my old sister to meet and come into partnership again." Cosy turned and flashed a bright smile to her fellow team member, who was still stunned by her ever-changing mood swings despite having worked with her for 4 years and counting.
“Oh yes. Get Gyuri to head to KBS and both Hyemi and Sang Bum to reach Seoul Hospital in 30 minutes time.” Cosy continued as she walked out of the door.

Chief Investigator Cosy – the other of the duo rising star sisters in the police force, an aficionado in weaponry as well as possessing great accuracy in gunning and nimble limbs . She is the other of the pair, leading another outstanding team in the Headquarters, and was able to achieve her current position of Chief Investigator in a short period of 5 years.

“Hey Yoon Sung! Your boss in?” Cosy asked as she walked into the room with Jae Suk hurriedly ending a phone call behind her.
“Cosy! What brings you here?  Yups, she is. I’ll bring you over.” Yoon Sung directed Cosy and Jae Suk to the meeting room.

/knockknock/
“Boss --” A huge ball of paper flew into his face when he opened the door to the meeting room.
“Didn’t the door say “DO NOT DISTURB”?!” Adiana shouted.
“Chill sis, it’s just me and Jae Suk. Yoon Sung just kindly brought us here. I brought you Starbucks and I’ve got business.” Cosy poked her head in, and looked around.
“Whoa, your room is as NEAT as ever.” Cosy said as she walked in with Jae Suk tagging behind, kicking the paper balls out of their walkway, creating a small “red carpet”. They each took a seat, as Cosy slid Adiana’s drink across the table. “Strawberries and Cream frappe. Your favourite.”
“That’s second favourite.Thanks for giving yourselves a self-invitation. What’s the business?” Adiana grabbed the drink and took her first sip.

“Well, you know you don’t mind. Starbucks was the non-verbal invitation, wasn’t it?” Cosy said sweetly as she gave a wink to her childhood friend who was like a sister to her.
"Okay. Back to serious business.” Cosy sank into the chair as she adjusted her vest.
“New case on hand. It’s 2PM, happened 2 hours ago during their Music Bank comeback stage. Cause is still unknown."
“File please?” Adiana questioned as she extended her hand.
"Here you go. I doubt you can label the first case as accidental and get away with it now." Cosy said, passing a brown file to Adiana.
"First it's Super Junior, and in just a few days, something happened to 2PM. That is a bit too coincidental." Adiana said as she flipped through the file.
“Same thoughts. None of our answers will be answered if we continue sitting here. My team is on their way to the scene and the hospital now. You and your team coming along?”
“Yea sure. I’m curious as to why did JYP even got the CID involved? Just what on earth has happened to the guys?”
"Guys. The 3 of you with Jae Suk take the team's car. Cosy and I will be having our own transport down."
The team packed up and left while Adiana turned to Cosy, holding up a bunch of keys with her thumb and forefinger.
"You driving? Or me?"
"A question with a known answer is not even a question to begin with." Cosy retorted and walked out of the room.
"Wait up!!" Adiana ran after her.

 

 

Woohoo!! And case 2 is starting!! NOT 2PM! NO NO NO!! ): Anyway, hope you all like howthe story is flowing so far, if it ever gets bad and not up to what you guys expected, just give us some feedback kkaes? I have been losing subscribers): I wonder if it's the way we write or the time between each chapter. Sigh...And do go support my other fanfic kkaes?! :D

The Revival of Time

 

 

Sometimes I wonder if our stories are a possible to turn into reality . Well second case is up (: Eeee , why only 31 subcribers ! D:완전 실망이다 ! (total disappointment!) Silent readers : subcribe and of course comments are loved yo ! :D Can't believe that all this is passing quite fast . Probably because I'm busy too . ㅋㅋ Please give us loads of feedback to improve on this story okay ? I don't mind getting reviews from readers too ! ^^)

- Adiana