Chapter 6

Travel Diaries
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"You're not fulfilling that stupid ballet thing, Yi Soo! Medicine is better. If you become a doctor, you'll have a better life. Ballet Dancing wouldn't take you anywhere."

"But mom -" She never listens.

"Don't even bother explaining. You'll be taking Medicine no matter what."

"Dad? Please."

"Your mom's right Yi Soo." I hate my life.

 

I woke up in the middle of the night from a bad dream. Ugh. I hate my life. Sometimes I wish I have different parents. Mine's just cruel and selfish. They tell me to do this and do that and I freaking hate it. I want freedom. Freedom to choose what career I want to pursue, freedom from them and freedom from the carreer hellhole they want me to take. 

Suddenly, I felt a bit thirsty after waking up. When I looked beside me, I saw Sun Ye sleeping soundly. I envy her for sleeping with peace. I couldn't because of the bad dreams I get almost every night. Anyway, I quietly got out from the bed so I wouldn't disturb Sun Ye's peaceful sleep. I tiptoed to the door and went out quietly.

"Holy !" Someone blurted behind me.

I flinched to the sudden sound. 

" Yi Soo. You scared the out of me. You're still awake?" He whispered, panting.

"I should ask you the same question. And FYI, you scared the out of me too." When I heard him scream, I had a mini heart attack.

He chuckled. "So, why are you still awake?" He asked, yawning.

"Bad dream and I'm thirsty." 

"Really? Me too. What a coincidence. Oh, but I didn't wake up from a bad dream. I'm actually not sleeping yet. I'm kind of a nightowl." He chuckled.

"Oh."

"Now that we're both here, let's just go downstairs together. I'm pretty scared to go downstairs by myself to be honest." He says, admitting that he's not totally brave. Well, I don't want to know what he's scared of but I'm actually pretty relieved that he's here. I admit that I'm kind of scared to go downstairs by myself too. I mean it's a big house and who knows what lurks around here in the middle of the night.

 

I followed Kai all the way downstairs until he finally the lights. It made the house a little but unscary. It gave me and him a peace of mind.

"There we go. Not so scary anymore. Right?" Kai said. He's pretty funny. He's the first guy I know that admitted he's scared of the dark and I don't know, weird paranormal stuff.

"Yeah. It looks better like this." 

"Come on."

Kai took charge as soon as we were in the kitchen. He asked to me to sit down on one of the stools while he got us drinks.

"What do you want milk or water?" He asks.

"Hmm. Milk." It'll help me sleep better.

"Okay." He poured milk into my glass and into his. "Here you go."

I grabbed the glass from him and started drinking. He sat down on the chair in front of me after.

"So, what were you dreaming about?" He asked curiously. 

"Well, do you remember what I told you about my parents and their plans for me?" 

Kai nodded. 

"It's about that. I was dreaming about it. It was the time when I tried explaining to them why I don't like to be a doctor. They didn't let me. Both of them thinks that ballet dancing is a ridiculous dream. They said that it won't give me a good future."

"T-that's horrible." 

"Yeah I know." I said, drinking the remaining milk in my glass after.

"By the way, I'm just curious about something." He paused. "W-what if they find out about this? What're you gonna do?"

"Hmm. What am I going to do? I don't know actually. Well, maybe just right now but

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter