03. 'H'unting

Without A Dream

chapter three.
['h'unting]

listen ; 끄덕여줘! (Nod along!)[M.I.B.]

 

Jaemi had decided, in the end, that she was going to keep H a secret. Mostly because she wanted to find out who it was for herself, instead of letting someone else find him. That, and knowing her friends... Misun would end up freaking out and spazzing, level; fangirl. Then Joochan would get really worried and try to hunt him down and question him.

So, she would be on her guard. Study who came around the classroom when she went to visit her friends.

Although...despite everything, Jaemi kept the rose. Of course she kept it. It was beautiful, no matter if the intentions behind it were sweet or creepy. She made sure her brother didn't see the rose either, since he was protective over his little sister.

Jaemi laid in her bed, twirling the rose between her fingers curiously. It had been three days, and the petals hadn't even started wilting yet. Well, probably because she was keeping it in a vase, though for now, she had taken it out. "Pretty," she muttered softly. "But who sent it?"

Having this 'H' person...did it mean that she had someone that liked her? Well, one would assume such, but it was hard for Jaemi to tell since she hadn't had anyone like her--that she knew of--since the first grade when Kim Yooshik liked her. They had held hands in the library, then again on the swings. Though that romance died as soon as it had sprung up. It was also the only experience with any sort of love other than platonic love she'd experienced first-hand.

"Who are you, H?" she whispered to herself, setting the rose back in its vase. Getting up, she turned her light off, then went back to bed and fell asleep with thoughts of crushes and mystery in her mind.

 

* * * * *

 

"YAH!" Jimin nearly made the noise a battle cry as he smacked the back of V's head.

Jaemi could only groan and rest her head on her arms with a sigh. Jimin had come in to talk to V before class started. And they were way too loud for Jaemi's liking. She had a headache, and didn't get enough sleep, so she was more than annoyed. Rubbing her temples, she tried her best not to turn around and yell at the two idiots.

The rest of BTS was hanging outisde the classroom, Suga and Jin pushing Jungguk back and forth between them. J-Hope was leaning against the wall, looking as bright and sunny as he always did.

Jaemi sighed and massaged her temples harder. She was so going to have a migraine. The other members of the kingka group walked in, and Jaemi could've shot herself. But when J-Hope tugged on Jimin's collar when the bell rang, making the others walk out of the classroom as well, she could've kissed the guy. Well, if he ever wanted to take that mask off. He'd probably be quite attractive without it...even more so.

Jaemi sighed and smacked herself upside the head. Her headache was giving her weird thoughts.

 

* * * * *

 

When Jaehyun told Jaemi that she didn't have to stay after for the radio club and could just go home, Jaemi saw it as a blessing. She sighed softly and exchanged her shoes, sticking her slippers into her locker and shoving her tennis shoes onto her feet. Dusting off her uniform jacket, she grabbed her bag and walked out of school to head home.

And of course, Jaemi had very rotten luck. Rotten enough luck that she didn't pay attention to where she was going as she walked down the street. And that caused her to run into someone. Except it wasn't just anyone that she ran into. It was Suga, who was walking somewhere or another with V and J-Hope.

Jaemi knocked into his backside and stumbled slightly, Suga stumbling forward as well, though not much considering Jaemi was quite small. But it was enough for Suga to whirl around with a scowl. "Yah," he called before seeing it was a girl. He sighed. "Fine, fine. Go ahead and confess to me." He crossed his arms and raised an eyebrow, waiting. V grinned over at J-Hope, but J-Hope only stared at Jaemi with an unreadable expression.

Jaemi raised an eyebrow back at Suga. "Uh...I don't want to confess to you. But I'm sorry I ran into you. I wasn't paying attention to where I was going. Sorry." She blinked and bowed to him.

Suga only laughed softly. "Mm. You probably lost your courage, right? It's alright. I'll listen and give you a sincere answer. You're pretty though, so you might like your answer." He grinned widely, and you couldn't help but notice J-Hope rolling his eyes.

"Um..." Jaemi blinked, not sure how to react to the fact that Suga called her pretty. She'd probably have to hide from his crowd of admirers. "Thanks but I don't want to confess." She scratched her head. "Anyway...bye." She bowed again and walked away from the three boys.

What she didn't see was J-Hope's eyes crinkle slightly, almost as if he was smiling ever so slightly.

Once Jaemi was out of sight, V laughed loudly and hit Suga's shoulder. "Hyung! You made a complete fool out of yourself! She really did just run into you! Park Jaemi so isn't the type to just go and confess to a guy, especially not like that!"

"Aish, shut up." Suga slapped the back of V's head, rolling his eyes. "Tch. Shame, though. She's pretty. Don't you think, J?" Suga looked over at J-Hope curiously.

J-Hope rolled his eyes and shrugged. "I guess so."

V, on the other hand nodded and smiled. "She is pretty. But like, not in the obvious way. In the way that it's not obvious and that's what makes her pretty. That she isn't obviously pretty." The elder two blinked, looking at V in confusion. The blond only smiled and shrugged in response, skipping ahead of the other two.

 

* * * * *

 

Every day at lunch, Jaemi would leave her friends early and sneak around to where her classroom was, hoping to see even a glimpse of who was leaving her notes. Well, she didn't get notes for a few days. And the day she received a note, she was surprised. She had hung around the classroom, and hadn't seen anyone go in or out. Maybe they came at the beginning of lunch then...

She sighed and unfolded the little note, almost anticipating what it would say.

I find it cute how you try to play ninja to find out who I am. Park Jaemi, one day, I will reveal myself to you, and my feelings. Wait for me.

-H

Jaemi let out a sigh of frustration. "Tch. I'm not cute." Jaemi played with the note and paper. There wasn't anything that would hint towards anyone. H had printed out his notes instead of writing them. Well, he wrote only one thing. The 'H'. Other than that, nothing. And in general, H's were very...monotonous. You couldn't tell whose handwriting it was from one letter. Unless they made their H's weird. And H didn't. So she was nowhere with this.

"H," she sighed. "You must enjoy seeing me getting a headache over you." Jaemi slipped the note in her bag so she could add it to the others when she got home.

Meanwhile, 'H' was standing outside the classroom. He grinned to himself and chuckled softly. He glanced at you one more time before heading to his own classroom.

 

 


 

author's note

And Suga mistook Jaemi~

Did you guys see their MV for 'We Are Bulletproof Pt. 2'?

I don't understand how Jungguk is only 15. It makes no sense.

Comment/Subscribe/Upvote <3

 

Copper.