Confession

Make it Count

Everyone headed to the table and got situated in their seats. Jimin smiled at EunSun who was sitting across from him. She smiled back at him before taking out her phone and taking a picture of him.

“Hey I wasn’t ready,” he pouted. EunSun rolled her eyes and counted down this time. Jimin did a cute pose and EunSun took the photo. She continued to take pictures of her friends until the waiter came up.

“Hey there EunSun. And hi, EunSun’s friends.”

“Hi Jin. I didn’t know you were working tonight.” The group gave their usual order and then everyone continued to take pictures of one another and documenting the summer.

“So what’s the plan?” Jungkook asked. “How is this summer going to top all the others?” Like usual, everyone looked to Namjoon for the answer.

“We won’t hold back. We only live once so we’re just going to make the most of the summer. And I think we should start by having a sleep over. My place.”

“S-sleep over?” EunAe asked. Namjoon nodded and the table was suddenly quiet.

“We used to do this together when we were little. Why can’t we do it now?”

“Because now we’ve grown up and we have, um, we’ve grown up. What else do I need to say?” Jimin questioned.

“I agree,” EunSun said. “We aren’t little kids. Face it we want things.”

The group discussed it over dinner. It was Namjoon versus everyone else as he tried to convince his friends this was a good idea.

“What if we don’t call it a sleep over? It’s just us hanging out until the sun rises and then passing out.”

EunSun was dying to say yes. However she was worried about how the night would turn out if Namjoon did indeed turn her down.

“It wouldn’t hurt to give it a try,” EunSun said.

It was now two versus four.

“If I don’t like it I’m going home,” Taehyung said.

Namjoon smiled as his friends were slowly caving in. By the end of dinner, everyone was in. Jimin was the last to crack. But seeing EunSun’s cute pleading face, how could he say no?

“We should get some cake to celebrate,” Namjoon said. Right on cue, Jin came back and announced that he had a cake for Namjon. EunSun stayed perfectly still as Namjoon took the cake.

“Strange,” he commented. “Oh! This is my favorite kind. Who sent this?” Jin shrugged his shoulders.

“I was told it from an admirer to you.” Everyone looked at the cake but EunSun who already knew what it said and couldn’t take looking at the cake that was forcing her to confess. This was why she’d asked her parents to simply bring it out once everyone was done with their food. Because she knew if she told them to wait for a signal, she’d be too scared to give one.

“I like you,” Namjoon read. Everyone shifted their eyes to EunSun who was biting her lip and looking at her cup of Pepsi. “Who sent this?”

“I- I did,” EunSun raised her hand slightly in the air and the other all looked to see Namjoon’s reaction. He looked stunned.

“I’m going to use the restroom,” Jungkook said. He got up and so did everyone else.

“We will go thank Mr. and Mrs. Song for this lovely food,” EunAe said. She and Taehyung began to leave before they realized Jimin wasn’t following. EunAe cleared and motioned for Jimin to follow. He looked over at EunSun, catching her gaze for a second before getting up and following the others out. Namjoon shifted down so he was sitting across from EunSun who was suddenly interested in her hair.

“Before you reject me,” EunSun began, eyes still on her hair, “I just wanted to say that I don’t want me liking you to ruin our friendship. I hope that we can stay close and there won’t be any misunderstandings. I did this because we said we’d make the most of the summer and I knew I wouldn’t be making the most if I didn’t.” Finally looking up from her hair, EunSun saw Namjoon examining the cake in front of him.

“Even if I felt the same way,” Namjoon told EunSun,”I couldn’t accept your confession. It has nothing to do with you. I’m just focusing on my music and college. I’m not currently looking for a relationship.”

“Understood,” EunSun sighed. Namjoon cut the cake in half and gave EunSun one half. EunSun stared at it as if it was something she’d never had before.

“Help me finish this so we can meet the others,” Namjoon said. EunSun gave a small smile and nodded. They ate the cake in silence before meeting up with the others. EunAe froze when she saw the two come up and looked to EunSun for an answer.

“Let’s head back to Namjoon’s,” EunSun smiled. Taking a close look at her friend, EunAe could tell that even though she was smiling, she was sad. It was a no.

On the way back home, the guys had their own group and were ahead of the girls who stayed back to talk.

“Namjoon is such a jerk. How can he reject you like that?” EunAe grumbled. She crossed her arms and sent a glare up at Namjoon who was messing around with Jungkook.

“EunAe don’t be like that. He’s our friend. And just because he turned me down doesn’t give you the right to hate him. Plus he did it in such a way it kind of made me like him more.” EunSun groaned and placed her head in her hands. “Why does he have to be so cute? Why him? Why not… I don’t know. Jin. He’s cute. He works for my parents so they clearly like him.”

EunAe linked arms with EunSun and sighed.

“If only things were that simple. But I’m here for you and to get your mind off Namjoon you can help me figure out how to tell Jimin that I like him.”

Up front the guys weren’t talking as much. Jimin was dying to know how it went between Namjoon and EunSun. He however didn’t have the courage to ask about it. Namjoon wasn’t planning on saying anything. He didn’t even know that the others knew. His plan was to keep this a secret. Besides Taehyung discussing the many different video games he planned on playing tonight, there wasn’t much talk.

“Namjoon why aren’t you saying anything?” Taehyung asked.

“Saying anything about what?” he asked innocently.

“You and EunSun,” Jungkook answered. “We all knew how she felt.” Namjoon stopped for a moment and the boys did too.

“You knew and didn’t tell me?” Namjoon asked. He started walking again before the girls could catch up to them.

“Well she didn’t exactly tell us,” Jungkook said. “We all could just tell. Whenever we’re all together, she has a habit of sticking to your side. We’re surprised you didn’t know.”

“Just tell us what happened,” Jimin pleaded. He looked at Namjoon expectantly. By the way EunSun smiled at them before leaving, Jimin could tell Namjoon didn’t share her feelings. But what had he said to her?

“She said that she wouldn’t be living her summer to the fullest if she didn’t confess to me. She was worried about this ruining our friendship but I promised her we’d still be good friends. EunSun is great, and I really care for her. It’s just I’m focusing on my music and college.”

“Wait, you like her?!” Taehyun shrieked. The boys shushed him and peeked back to see if the girls had heard. Seeing they were having their own conversation, they all sighed with relief.

Jimin’s hand slowly made their way into fists as he pictured Namjoon and EunSun together. He could see them living in the apartment. Going on cute dates together. Dates which he himself wanted to go on.

“I told her I didn’t,” Namjoon said. To that Jimin eased up a bit. “But… I don’t know. After hearing she liked me and sharing my cake with her, it got me thinking. Maybe I do.”

“Don’t go and hurt her just because you might like her.” Jimin was trying hard to hide his feelings. But hearing his friend’s words was making it hard.

“I don’t think you two would match real well,” Jungkook said. “I think out of all of us, she matches best with Jimin.” Hearing his name, Jimin smiled and unclenched his fists.

“Uh, really?” Jimin asked. He tried to play it off but he was beaming.

“Agreed,” Taehyung said.

Jimin looked back to the girls and saw them already looking at him. They hid their faces and Jimin smirked before turning back around.

The six arrived back at Namjoon’s and got settled by the couch. They put on a movie that no one wound up watching. Jimin kept his eyes on EunSun who was sitting on the floor with both Namjoon and Taehyung. Even though the boys all agreed he’d fit EunSun better and even though Taehyung was separating the two, he couldn’t help make sure she wasn’t looking over at Namjoon. Jungkook tried his best to watch the movie. EunAe however fell asleep with her head on his shoulder. This led him to watch her sleep peacefully with a smile on his face. He moved the hair that had fallen in front of her face and tucked it behind her ear. He checked to make sure that Jimin didn’t see and noticed his eyes were also not on the movie. Following his gaze he smirked.

The movie continued and EunSun could only replay the night over and over. She glanced over at him to see that he wasn’t even paying attention to the movie. Instead, Namjoon was texting. EunSun felt jealous until she felt her phone buzz.

From: Namjoonie

Meet me outside in five minutes.

“I’m going to head out and get some snacks for tonight,” Namjoon said getting up from the couch. He looked over at EunSun and gave her a nod before leaving. EunSun stared at that text and wondered what Namjoon wanted.

“I need some air,” EunSun said. Jimin watched EunSun get up and head out. Part of him wanted to follow her and make sure she wasn’t meeting up with Namjoon.

That’s crazy, Jimin thought. He already told her he wouldn’t go out with her. Just focus on the movie Jimin.