Summer Starts

Make it Count

The boys were all over at Namjoon’s place playing video games and waiting on the girls to get there. Taehyung was currently beating everyone in a racing game. Jungkook wasn’t even paying attention and had crashed numerous times.

“You’re in last place and I just lapped you!” Taeyhyung cheered. While he celebrated by attempting to go faster, Jimin looked over to see the younger wasn’t really focused. Jimin paused the game causing Taehyung to whine and throw his controller on the couch.

“Is something bothering you?” Jimin asked. Jungkook snapped out of his thoughts and turned to face his friend. He gave him a smile and nodded his head.

“Seriously, what’s wrong?” Namjoon asked. Jungkook chuckled nervously and wondered if he should tell or not. He didn’t want his friends making a big deal out of this and wanted to do this all by himself.

“Is it about your liking EunAe?” Taehyung guessed. Jungkook gasped and pointed at his friend.

“How do you know?” he questioned. Jungkook was suddenly in freak out mode. Did they know because he was obvious? Did EunAe know?

“How could we not? Yesterday when she told us all she was leaving for Japan you were heartbroken,” Jimin explained. Jungkook thought back to the day before and tried to remember what he did. The things that he said. He let out an “hmph” and pouted.

“Do you think she knows?” Jungkook asked. That was what worried him. The chance she’s known but hasn’t said anything.

“I don’t think so,” Namjoon said. Jungkook sighed in relief before being startled by the door. “The girls are here.”

Jungkook got up with Namjoon to answer the door. The girls came in and EunSun pinched Jungkook’s cheeks. Jungkook swatted her hands away and she merely giggled as she looked over at Namjoon.

“I love this whole area here where your apartment is,” EunSun told him. “I was thinking since I’m trying to find an apartment that maybe I should get one here.”

“We can talk about that boring stuff later,” Taeyhyung spoke from his seat on the couch. “As of right now, we have to crush you girls in some Mario Kart Racing.”

“We’ll see about that,” EunAe smirked. Everyone got situated by the couch and the boys all raised their eyebrows at Jungkook who was sitting next to EunAe. He gave them a look to cut it out and Jimin started the game over. Everyone took turns and the girls kept up with the boys and almost placed first a few times.

“Face it,” Namjoon said, “we guys are just better than you girls.”

“No,” EunSun objected, “you need to face that you winning has nothing to do with you being guys.”

EunSun was a bit taller than EunAe but she too was short for her age. Her hair was longer and a lighter brown. Like Jungkook who has a crush on EunAe, Jimin had a crush on EunSun. However there was something that set Jimin back from confessing his feelings. EunSun likes Namjoon. And everyone but Namjoon knew it.

“We still have some time to kill before our dinner reservations,” Taeyhyung said. “What else should we while we wait?”

“Let’s head out now,” EunAe suggested. “I’m starving!” The group headed out and began their trek to the restaurant that was owned by EunSun’s parents. The all agreed the food was the best there and they got a discount as everyone was “family”.

While they were walking, everyone split up unknowingly into groups. EunSun was with Jimin and Jungkook while EunAe was walking with Taeyhyung and Namjoon. No one was sure when it happened but the girls looked at each other and switched groups. Jimin looked back at EunSun in confusion. She didn’t notice as she started talking about apartments again. Jimin sighed and looked over at EunAe.

“How come you and EunSun switched?” Jimin asked.

“Oh, well, I wanted to be up here. I like you guys better.” Jimin noticed EunAe’s cheeks turning red and smirked. He glanced over at Jungkook who now was hiding smile.

Everyone chatted in their little groups until they reached the restaurant. The boys had the girls check on their table as they pulled Jungkook back to have a talk.

“You have to confess,” Jimin said.

“Agreed,” Namjoon said. Jungkook shook his head and tried to head inside. Jimin and Taehyung blocked his path.

“I will,” Jungkook explained, “just not tonight. Summer just started.”

“If you wait until the last day, then if- no when she says that she likes you back, you won’t have any time to spend with her.” Jungkook sighed. Namjoon did have a point. But he was scared about telling her and his summer being ruined by her rejecting him.

“If she says no,” Taehyung put a major emphasis on the ‘if’, “then you know that EunAe is not going to let that interfere with our summer. You two can still be friends.”

 

EunSun and EunAe headed back to the kitchen to make sure that everything for tonight was ready. EunSun’s mom showed her the cake and let the two girls look at it while she went back to cooking. The cake was mini, meant for one. It was Namjoon’s favorite flavor and the top said I like you.

“Do you think this is being to forward?” EunSun worried.

“This is perfect. We said we’d confess to the guys before summer was over and no time is better than now. The longer you wait, the longer Namjoon won’t be your boyfriend.”

“That is if he even wants to be my boyfriend. I hope he does. What if he says no?” EunSun bit her lip as she thought about all the ways tonight could go wrong.

“We will cross that bridge when we get to it.”

 


Thank you to all who subscribed before the 1st chapter was out. <3 I hope you enjoyed this chapter.