An Affair of Tardiness.

He May Not Be Him
Please log in to read the full chapter

 thirteen.

"So what are you craving?"

"Surprisingly, I'm in the mood for pasta. Perhaps we could go somewhere that sells it?" Hyorin suggested as Donghae quickly typed the words in the search engine of his cellular device.

"Yeah, I don't see why since there's one that's not too far away from here," he agreed as he slid the phone into the cup-holder between them. Sooner than later, they were pulling into a parking garage and slipping into a cramped booth of the busy restaurant. As soon as they'd settled down, a waitress came by to jot down their orders and not even thirty minutes, she'd reappeared to deliver it just as quickly. Hyorin could only sigh in relief as she spun the cooked grain around her fork whilst Donghae watched on in fascination.

"What's wrong Hae?" She inquired as she took a sip from the glass of water placed beside her. "You don't like pasta?" 

"I'm just admiring you, is all."

"Admiring? I feel like your 'admiration' is burning holes into my face. Am I too pretty for you to concentrate on the meal bestowed upon you?"

"Your beauty is no joke, my dear Hyorin." Donghae rebutted as he picked up his own fork, "you should already know that I find you beautiful, y and cute all at the same time."

"Your charm could melt an old woman's heart."

"I try," he beamed as she sat aside her utensils.

"Thank you for inviting me out, Donghae. I really needed to get away," she started as she glanced down at her wrist-watch. "I was planning to sleep away my day off."

"But I couldn't allow you to do that, besides I think it's time that we had an actual official first date."

"Yeah," she agreed but quickly tagged along the words 'friendly date' after the statement.

Donghae could only internally frown as he tried his best to recover from the reaction he was hoping she'd avoid. He just wanted to be viewed as a potential something rather than a measly ol' pal. Seriously, did he have to act like a complete much like the person who'd turned her down three times too many in the past to gain her affection?

"So I guess a kiss is out of the question?"

"Unfortunately, I'm not that easy of a gal, oppa." Just then, she stood to her feet as she scooted closer to Donghae only to place a chaste kiss on his forehead instead. Settling back down in her chair, she locked gazes with him as she spoke earnestly from her heart, "thank you for being my friend and sticking by my side through recent times."

"A-a-anytime," Donghae squeaked as he too, sat aside his utensils. "But there is something I'd like to know."

"Which is?"

"Are you still angry at me for threatening away the guy you like?" 

"I'm not anymore."

"Well, that's good."

"But wouldn't you like to get out of here now? I feel like it's a bit suffocating the longer we sit here, rambling on about useless topics and such." She droned on, "we can go back to my place for a few drinks."

 

 

Rummaging through the cabinets for the cork-screw, Hyorin could only groan in defeat as she wasn't able to locate the gadget. Why at a time like this would the stupid thing go missing? Her pout only deepened as she continued to move glasses apart and plates aside in the cabinets.

"Well, I think we'll have to settle for just soju tonight," she grumbled as Donghae reached into the fridge for a third round of the cold alcoholic beverage. 

"We don't have to break out the fancy liquor just to have a good time together anyhow. Besides, this soju is divine and I really want to ask where you purchased it from."

"It's a secret," she beamed as she jumped off the stepping stool and bounced over to the table where he'd already popped the caps off. "Have you chosen a movie for us to watch?"

"You have so many in your collection, I just gave up after reading the sixtieth title."

"It just so happens that my younger sister loves movies and has shipped them here instead of our parents'," she could only laugh at the statement as took a small sip from her bottle. "If she were to haul this entire collection to our parents', I'm sure my mom would throw a fit and donate each and every one without any regret—they simply hate clutter."

"Even then, your sister sounds like a genius."

"Oh no, she's just a sneaky little villain."

"And I wonder which relative she got that from."

"I am as innocent as they come." Hyorin sarcastically replied as she swiped the corners of with the back of her hand. "It's definitely not me that she gets that from. I never sneak, I do as I feel."

"When do you ever do that?" Donghae challenged as he lifted the bottle of soju to his lips only to have it knocked out of his hand as his back connected with the floor pillows below. Astonished by what had just taken place, he could only gawk at the woman on top of him as a string of giggles erupted from .

"I do it more often than you think." She declared as she eyed him in victory.

"Hyo, I can't breathe," he whimpered as her elbow unceremoniously dug into his ribcage.

"I'm sorry," she murmured while shifting her weight onto the opposite hand. "Please forgive me," she began as his eyes turned into slits and laughter ripped through his chest.

"Its fine," he assured while Hyorin's gaze continued to study the plush beige carpet beneath them.

At this point, he could see that she was way past tipsy and if he allowed anymore alcohol to enter her system, she'd be a drunk mess in less than an hour.

"You look so y," she whispered as she locked eyes with him, her lips parting in the moment. It was the first time she had ever really looked at Donghae and although he and Kyuhyun differ in their looks, she could come to appreciate his charming young boy image. "I'm an idiot for not realizing much sooner."

"I hadn't expected you to, Hyorin."

"It's really because I was too blinded by that bastard!" She bit out in frustration. "He was never good for me and you're just trying to be there for me. I'm such an idiot; I can't even seek out the good that's waiting in front of me."

"Hyorin, you're drunk. Stop beating yourself—hey, what are you doing?"

"Be quiet already," Hyorin pleaded as she placed a finger against his lips. "I'm sorry but I'm doing what I want right now," she answered as her voice lowered to a whisper. Leaning forward, she placed a soft kiss to his jaw-line whereas Donghae's body grew stiff once her lips came in contact with his and it deepened. With her lips attached to his, he couldn't help but to react and in that instant, he quickly shifted her body beneath his as his lips slowly traveled towards her somewhat exposed chest area.

"I'm sorry Hyorin," were the last words to escape his mouth as his fingers marched down the front of her chest to unravel the rest of the buttons of her blouse.

 

 

As they sat in Kyuhyun's office, Jay could only shake his head as Jessica continuously brought up the pros and cons to each decision. Finally, her fiancé had grown tired of her so-called 'points' as he had finally reached a decision of his own.

"Jess, you can stop now," he inter

Please log in to read the full chapter