1

Lost Me

Mari


 

She was alone for most of her life. She never fit in with a group. Everywhere she looked, she sees nothing but darkness. Why does bad luck follow me everywhere? She always wonders.

No one loved her or even cared about her. Her parents passed away from a car accident, and it was the cause for her blindness. The moment she woke up, she saw nothing but blackness. She called for her parents; no one dared say a word to her and sent her to the orphanage. She cried herself to sleep every night.

Now she is adopted by a nice couple but they were never around her because they are busy with their work aboard.

Walking down the hallway, silence was heard. She hardens her grip around her white cane. Suddenly a burst of laughter erupted.

“Why is she even here?”

“Can’t believe our school would let a blind kid learn here.”

Mean comments were shouted at her.

“Stay strong,” Mari told herself in a whisper. Counting her steps she arrived at her classroom. Shuffling her feet, she made her way to the back of the classroom. She was always the first one in class. She didn’t want to get pushed around. Reaching for her bag, she pulled out a recorder.

Mari’s recorder is like a notebook, taking in what she needs to learn. At this school, they don’t provide braille, but only for exams, since she is the only blind kid. She has to record it and listen. Sometimes she asks why she is like this. Why have fate given her this?

Even having a desk full of mean comments and hate message, she wouldn’t know because simply she is blind. No one ever pity her, she only depended on herself.

The bell rung, she could hear students talking and moving around. Letting out a long breath, she places her head against the desk, ready to listen to the lesson.

Throughout the lesson, she listens to every word the teacher spat out.

“L.Joe, please concentrate.” He always gets in trouble but he never gotten detention. Mari always wonders why.  

Class passed by, slowly as usual. Mari would listen and try to remember every detail the teachers said.

Ring!!!

Mari grabbed her white cane and sat there until the student clear out. She stood up and started making her way to the door.

She counted her steps until she reached the rooftop. Even if she can’t see, she liked the breeze gently blowing on her cheeks.

As a little kid, she always loved high places and looking down. Now she can’t see the beautiful landscape anymore, it is replaced with darkness. It haunts her every second her eyes are open.

 

 


A/N: Short first chapter! 

I hope you enjoy reading even if I barely have anyone reading my work ><

Hope it is not boring!