Your Unexpected Phone Call.

I Miss Your Voice

11:30 PM

You sighed as you looked at the clock. You've been laying in bed for almost an hour but your brain wouldn't let you sleep.

"Sleeping alone feels so lonely... I still haven't gotten used to it.." you thought as you stared at the spot right next to you. The spot that Baekhyun would always occupy whenever he came home from his tours. You grabbed his pillow and took in the scent. You smiled at the fact that his scent never faded away. He'd been gone for so long that even the most trivial objects that Baekhyun used to own would make you tear up.

"At least he's on break next week. I hope he won't be too tired. I want to do sooo many fun things with him. Let's see. What should we do? Ah I know! We should go to the amusement park, the zoo, the park, the mall, the hub, climb up namsan tower, take a bike ride around Han River, etc. etc. etc." you smiled cheekily and snuggled into your blankets. As you were about to fall asleep, your cellular device started to ring.

You snatched your phone from your bedside table and glared at the screen. "Who would be calling me at this time of night!?!?"

[Call from, Byun Baekhyun]

Your eyes widened. You squealed and pressed the talk button anticipating what was to come next.

 

Baekhyun: Darling are you there? Jagi? Wake up sleepy head!!

You: Baekhyun!?

Baekhyun: Hahaha, Jagiya it's me

You:  Why are you calling at this time of night!?!? How are you?

Baekhyun: Haha mianhe! I'm good. A little sore from practice, but overall, I'm doing just fine.  How about you?

You: I'm glad to hear that. I'm alright!! So, when's your break coming up? I heard you'll be off next week!!!

Baekhyun:..........

You: Oppa? Are you still there?

Baekhyun:.....um.... Jagi... listen....

You: mm?

Baekhyun: Um.... Lee Sooman cancelled our break. I'm sorry. I don't think I'll be seeing you anytime soon....

You: ......what......

Baekhyun: -sigh- I'm really sorry Jagi. Something came up and before we knew it, we have three concerts next week: Inkigayo, M Countdown, and Music Bank.

You: Oh.. that's ok...... I-I wish you luck! Win that award for me n-ne?

Baekhyun: I'm sorry. This is why I called today. When I found out I wouldn't be able to see you next week, I took out my cellphone just to hear your voice. I was planning to do a lot of stuff with you, but I guess it will have to wait until next time. Please don't be mad at me...

You: Haha! Baekhyun, why would I be mad? Sure, I'm sort of bummed out that seeing you will be a bit delayed, but I'm dating an idol for crying out loud. What do you expect?

Baekhyun: -chuckles- Are you sure you're not mad? I've known you for many years and I know you can cover up your feelings real good.

You: Baekhyun, seriously, I'm not mad. Actually, I'm proud of you! Your comeback is a success and many programs want you guys to perform. Next week, you better win a triple crown in order to make up for our delayed plans okay?

Baekhyun: I WILL! DON'T WORRY~

You: I know you can do it! I believe in you. Just don't work yourself to hard okay?

Baekhyun: Yeah, I know. Jagi, it's getting late. It's already midnight. You need to go to sleep. I'll hang up now okay? And plus, I have a schedule tomorrow first thing in the morning.

You: -sigh- I miss your voice Baekhyun. Maybe now, I can finally go to sleep. Hearing your voice today and your updates makes me feel at ease. Alright, I'll go to sleep now. Good luck on your schedule tomorrow!

Baekhyun: Gomawo Jagi. Goodnight~ Sleep tight! Don't let the bed bugs bite!!!

You: Yah! Byun Baekhyun! I'm not three anymore >o<;

Baekhyun: I know but bed bugs are still real ^^

You: Goodnight Baekhyun, I love you!

Baekhyun: I love you too. Goodnight Jagi.

 

 

Baekhyun hanged up and you placed your phone back on your bedside table. You yawned and immediatley fell asleep beneath your covers.