Part 6: Oppa Oppa - Lee Jieun

With All My Heart

I really wanted to run. I really wanted to hide. I really couldn’t stand with all those gazes at me.

 

I guessed the words had spread faster than the wind. And in a brink of moment, everyone on the campus knew that I was Lee Donghae’s little sister. As I sat on the picnic table on the campus yard, I noticed people start looking at me as they passed by.

 

“Hey, hey, look at her,” a girl nudged her friend while pointing at me.

 

Then I could see the other girl turned her gaze on me.

 

“She’s Lee Donghae’s little sister.”

 

Her friend quickly looked back to her as she gasped in disbelieve. “Really?”

 

But then, she pulled her friend to walk faster, probably not wanting me to hear their conversation. But I could guess that they might say that I was so different with oppa in the term of our appearance. I dropped my head to the table. For sure, my peaceful days had ended by the return of Donghae Oppa.

 

“I’m doomed,” I murmured.

 

But I could hear Amber chuckled. “Oh, come on. It’s not the end of the world if they’re all known that you’re Donghae oppa’s sister.”

 

I lifted my head and looked at her. “Yes, it is,” then I caught some students walked passing us as they whispering. They looked surprise and unable to believe then walked faster, away from me. I knew that they were talking about me.

 

“Hauh,” I wailed again as I dropped my head.

 

Suddenly I felt hands placed on my both shoulders. I lifted my head again.

 

“Congratulation, Lee Jieun.”

 

I heard Eunji's voice behind me and looked around. I saw her and Bomi standing behind me. “For what?” I sarcastically asked as they went to take a seat.

 

“For becoming the star of the day,” Eunji joked as she smiling widely. “Donghae Oppa still has his touch for real. Everyone all over the campus is talking about him right now. They're all going crazy.”

 

“I just hope they won't bother me,” I propped my chin on my palm.

 

“Talking about Oppa, where is he? It has been a long time since we last met him,” Bomi said as she looked around.

 

“Ah, he has something to talk about with Prof. Kim,” Amber answered her. “But he said that he’ll meet us later.”

 

“Hoo,” Eunji opened up her snack and put it on the table. “But I really wonder why Oppa comes back. I thought he won’t be coming back since he’s very busy with his job.” She looked at me.

 

I just shrugged. “I don’t know. He didn’t tell me anything,” I lowered my hand. “But back home, Unnie told me that mom and dad will be coming back from New York. And I think Donghwa Oppa will come too.”

 

“Wogh, will there be a grand event in Korea?” Amber spoke out her mind. “The members of your family are suddenly coming back home and gathered.”

 

“An exact question has crossed my mind,” I exhaled. “But whatever it is, I just wish they won’t count me in. It’s too bothersome if I have to go along with them.”

 

“Yah, girls.”

 

I turned my gaze when I heard the guy’s voice calling us. It was Doojoon and he came to our table.

 

“Is it true?” he asked, “if Donghae hyung comes to the school.” His eyes sparkled.

 

“Yes,” Bomi replied him. “How do you know it?”

 

Doojoon took a seat beside me, causing me to move slightly to give him a space. “The girls on my department are going crazy because of it. Some of them even went to the Music Department teachers’ lounge now.” He looked at me afterward. “Did they bother you already?”

 

I replied him reluctantly, “Not yet, but soon.”

 

He just smiled and patted my back, probably for consolation. But it didn’t make me feeling better.

 

Then, I heard hysteric scream. Having infamous family members at home had taught me to be able to recognize screams type. And the hysteric scream that I just heard, it always happened if a fan met her idol. So I didn’t have to turn my head to know that my brother was coming.

 

“Ah, Donghae oppa.”

 

Instead, Bomi was the one who told me that my guess was right. In instant, my friends turned their heads to the direction. Somehow, I felt a little obligated to look around. So I did and I saw Donghae oppa approaching, crowded fans behind him with their phone flashed to take his pictures. It gave me déjà-vu feeling.

 

I diverted my gaze to the table in front of me. To see his fans, it brought fear to my heart. Oppa’s fans were scary sometimes. As his little sister, I had experienced many things with his fans. And, most of them were not good memories either.

 

“Oh, Hyung.” Doojoon greeted as Donghae Oppa arrived on our table. He stood up and shook his hand with their regular handshake. Doojoon and Oppa were closed ever since we were kids.

 

“How are you doing?” Oppa replied him as he patted his back then looked at him from top to bottom. “Wah, are you growing a little bit taller?”

 

Doojoon chuckled to hear it. “Not really,” he said.

 

Then Oppa turned his gaze to my other friends and greeted them. They were chatting for a while. Bomi, Eunji and Amber had known him for long. So they could act casually. For them, Donghae Oppa wasn’t a famous idol but their friend’s older brother. Then, Oppa turned to me. It startled me and made me straightening my body.

 

“Do you still have classes after this?” he asked.

 

“Not really-”

 

He cut my words before I could finish it. “Skip your classes and come with me.”

 

It made me surprise and confuse. “Eh? Why?” I spoke out the question that I had in mind. Oppa had never asked me to skip classes before.

 

But he just smiled. “You’ll see,” he said as he stood up then turned his gaze to Amber, Eunji and Bomi. “She’ll be on the same classes with one of you after this, right?”

 

Bomi quickly raised her hand. “With me.”

 

“Then I’ll leave the class matter on you.”

 

She saluted. “Leave it to me, Oppa.”

 

Oppa smiled and nodded to thank her. “Thank you. I owe you one, Bomi-ah.” He grabbed my arm, pulled me to stand and took my bag. “I’ll give you free tickets for my concert later.”

 

Bomi just nodded and smiled with the offer. She waved her hand as Oppa pulled me to go along with him. He handed me my bag.

 

“Heul, you really know how to bribe my friends,” I commented sarcastically as I took my bag and slung it on my shoulder.

 

Oppa just scoffed in amusement. I guessed he had known that I was joking.

 

“But where will we go?” I asked as we stopped by his car. I looked at Oppa over the car. He already went to the driver side.

 

He raised his gaze at me. “I’ll tell you later. Just get in first.”

 

Tilting my head, I opened the door and entered the car as well as Oppa. He started the engine and drove the car away from the campus area.

 

As the car drove out from the campus, Oppa started to talk again. “We’ll be picking up Eomma and Appa at the airport.”

 

I looked at him, feeling surprised. “Huh? I thought they won’t be coming until the day after tomorrow. Unnie told me that-”

 

Again, he cut off my words. “They pushed forward their schedule because of the preparation.”

 

Frowning, I asked, “Preparation? What preparation?”

 

“Eomma’s 50th Anniversary Concert.” He took a quick glance at me. “Nunna haven’t told you about it?”

 

I shook my head. It was the first time for me to hear about the concert.

 

“It’s the reason why I came to the campus. We will use their grand auditorium for the venue.”

 

As I heard his explanation, I had a strong guess about what my family wanted to do for my mother’s Anniversary Concert. Basically, it would be the same as my father’s Anniversary Concert few years ago where his wife and all his children performed. I skipped the performance since I didn’t want to go on stage and it caused me being lectured by Donghwa Oppa and Jihae Unnie. But then, could I really go against my mother?

 

“Then…” I cut off Oppa’s speech. He stopped and looked at me. He was talking too long without telling me what I wanted to know. “Will we have to perform again?”

 

A smile came to his face and I felt that I didn’t like it.

 

“Yes.”

 

And the answer was enough to make me mentally facepalmed…

 

Yeap, I was right. My family wants me to perform.

 

Note:

No song is performed on this part. But I still hope you enjoy the fic. Subscribe and comment will good. But thank you, silent readers, for your time to stop by and read the fic :)