Part 5: FOOL - Lee Ji Eun

With All My Heart

It was another morning for Prof. Kim’s vocal class. As usual, I sat along with Bomi, Eunji and Amber on our usual seats. It was all fine until Prof. Kim came to the class and announced the top ten performers of the previous assignment. He called out the names starting from the 10th position. But I knew that I had never become one of them. So I waited for Henry’s name.

 

But to my surprise, Prof. Kim mentioned Henry’s name for the 2nd position. I heard chatters from everyone on the class when Henry got the 2nd place. I threw my gaze on him. He looked understand about the decision. But I was sure that he felt disappointed. Then I was wondering about the one who had beated Henry’s top talent.

 

“And for the 1st place,” he looked at his paper, “well, I hope this girl put more effort like when she performed.”

 

So the 1st place was a girl. But I was thinking which girl had the ability to defeat Henry. She must have been so talented and great.

 

“Congratulations…,” Prof. Kim looked around and smiled when his gaze fell on the area around me. Somehow it was making me thinking that the girl must be sitting around me. He then continued, “…Lee Jieun.”

 

My chin slip from my palm when I heard him calling my name. “Huh?” I was surprised.

 

But then, everyone clapped their hands including Henry. Bomi and Eunji looked happy. Amber even nudged me.

 

I caught Henry was looking at me, smiling and accepting his defeat while clapping his hands. I looked back at Prof. Kim.

 

“Me?” I asked as I pointed myself. “I’m the first place?”

 

“Yes.”

 

“Why?”

 

“Do I need to explain? You can show it by yourself.”

 

I realized that he meant to make me singing again. So I quickly shook my head. “No, no, no, no need to explain.”

 

Prof. Kim just smirked then looked at his paper. “But I want to test your ability again. You have sung in solo. Now, I want you all to sing in duet. It’s the next assignment for this class. So start looking for partner right now.”

 

Of course afterward the class became noisy because everyone was trying to ask someone as his/her partner. Even Amber was panicking, trying to find someone who was good enough to be her partner. But to my disappointment, she skipped me as the candidate.

 

But suddenly, all those noises silenced by a loud slam on the table. Feeling surprised, everyone eyed to one direction. And it was Henry. But he didn't look annoyed or mad. It seemed that he slammed the table on purpose to make the class silence as he wanted to say something.

 

“Yes, Henry?” Prof. Kim quickly caught his purpose.

 

Henry stood up. “Can I have the first try, sir?” he asked with his usual confident attitude.

 

“Sure. You can have extra points for it.”

 

Henry smiled. “Actually it’s not needed. But thanks.”

 

“And who will be your partner?”

 

A smile bloomed on his face as he heard the question. It felt like he had waited him to ask it. “Can I ask Lee Ji Eun to be my partner?” he pointed as he threw a quick glance at me.

 

My heart dropped when I heard it. And my reaction was just... “Dae?!”

 

“So you want to perform with someone that you have never been worked with before without any preparation,” he stated with frowning face even thought I could see happiness all over his face. “I could give you minus points if you fail.”

 

Somehow I suddenly felt burdened. But Henry seemed to realize if he was forcing something that nearly impossible. He touched his nape and thought.

 

“Just give us few moments,” he asked.

 

“Sure.”

 

Henry threw another glance at me, signalling me to come with him to the front before he came out from his table. I gulped then stood up, unable to avoid cruel destiny. I followed him and stopped by the piano where he stood. He looked thinking as he looked at the book on the top of the piano.

 

“Why did you choose me?” it was the only thing that I could say to him as I arrived near him.

 

He turned his gaze to me and smiled. “I thought you have known.”

 

“What?”

 

“You've shown that you're a great performer.” His smile went wider. “And I like to perform with a great performer like you.”

 

I slightly bit my lower lip, feeling worry as I dropped my gaze. I just thought that his answer didn't meet my satisfaction. But I couldn't escape from the room even though I wanted it so badly. I also couldn't escape from being his partner. He had announced it to the whole class. So I knew that others were expecting our performance. And it made me feel burdened.

 

“What? Or are you prefer to have Amber as your partner?”

 

I quickly raised my gaze at him and shook my head. “No, no, no. I'm fine with you. It's just a…” My gaze dropped again and I wondered how to say it.

 

“You're still not comfortable with me?” He guessed. And, damn, he was right.

 

“Anniya,” I quickly lied. “I don't think Amber would want to be my partner. She might give all her parts for me. While, Bomi and Eunji... They must be paired up and leave me behind.”

 

“So you don't have anyone to be your partner, right?”

 

I pouted and nodded as he had guessed it right again. And I knew that he was smiling in amusement because of me.

 

“So…”

 

I looked back at him. He looked back at me while frowning thoughtfully.

 

“What song should we sing?”

 

I didn't have any idea. But a silly smile of him started appearing and telling me that he had an idea. I didn’t know why but my feeling told me that I wouldn’t like it. He grabbed a guitar and handed it to me. I took it and saw him took another one.

 

“Sit there,” he pointed to the high stool.

 

I turned to look at the stool and obeyed.

 

“Just follow my lead, okay?” He asked then started playing the guitar for an intro of a song that I knew well enough. But to see him playing guitar was made me dropped my jaw.

 

He can play guitar too? It's so unfair.

 

neowa na chinguraneun mari eosaekhae
yeoniniran mari eoullyeo
o~ nan cheoeumeuro nae mam gobaekhalge
nan jeo haneurui byeoldo ttajulge
niga wonhandamyeon mwodeunji
o~ nan haejul suga isseo

 

 

‘You and I calling each other friends is awkward
It’s better to use the word, lovers
Oh, I will confess my heart for the first time
I will bring the stars in the sky for you,
whatever you want,
Oh I can do it for you’

 

He was throwing a playful look on me and teasing me with his look as if he was asking me to play along with him as he played his guitar. I didn’t know how he got this overly confident attitude. But it was helping me. And I did playing along.

 

Oh I love you love you love you,
You love me love me love me

ara nal hyanghan neoui maeumeul~ (
neoui maeumeul)
Oh I love you love you love you,
Are you love me love me baby
nado neoreul saranghanikka

 

Oh I love you love you love you,
You love me love me love me
I know how you feel about me (
your heart)
Oh I love you love you love you,
Are you love me love me baby
Because I love you too

 

Hum… our voice harmonized perfectly. So I kept playing along.

 

nan babo nan neoman boneun babo neol saranghae
nuga mworago nollindaedo
neoman boneun baboga doelge
babo nan neoman boneun babo
nae soneul jabajwo nareul anajwo
neoman saranghaneun babo~

 

I’m a fool, I’m a fool who only sees you, I love you
No matter what anyone says or teases,
I will be a fool who only sees you
I’m a fool, I’m a fool who only sees you,
Hold my hand, Hug me,
I’m a fool who only loves you

 

Somehow I liked to sing with him and I was enjoying it as we moved to the second verse…

 

nan neoman saenggakhada jamdeureo
kkumsogeseo neoman kkumkkuda~
o nan achimeul kkaeundae~

 

I fall asleep while thinking of only you
In my dream, I only dream of you
Oh and then I wake up in the morning

 

Oh I love you love you love you,
You love me love me love me

ara nal hyanghan neoui maeumeul~ (
neoui maeumeul)
Oh I love you love you love you,
Are you love me love me baby
nado neoreul saranghanikka

 

Oh I love you love you love you,
You love me love me love me
I know how you feel about me (your heart)
Oh I love you love you love you,
Are you love me love me baby
Because I love you too

 

nan babo nan neoman boneun babo neol saranghae
nuga mworago nollindaedo
neoman boneun baboga doelge
babo nan neoman boneun babo
nae soneul jabajwo nareul anajwo
neoman saranghaneun babo~

 

I’m a fool, I’m a fool who only sees you, I love you
No matter what anyone says or teases,
I will be a fool who only sees you
I’m a fool, I’m a fool who only sees you,
Hold my hand, Hug me,
I’m a fool who only loves you

 

Baby~ want your love,
Baby want your love~ love you love you
I’ll take you in to my mind
Baby~ want your love,
Baby want your love Oh oh

 

Baby want your love,
Baby want your love Love you love you
I’ll take you in to my mind
Baby want your love,
Baby want your love Oh oh

 

nan babo nan neoman boneun babo gomaungeol
chingudeul modu bureowohae
naman boneun babo ttaemune
babo neon naman boneun babo
eonjena mideulge uri hamkkehae
dulman baraboneun babo

 

I’m a fool, I’m a fool who only sees you, I thank you
All my friends are jealous
because of the fool who only sees me
You’re a fool, a fool who only sees me,
I will trust you forever, Let’s be together,
fools who only look at each other

 

Baby~ want your love, Baby want your love~
love you love you I’ll take you in to my mind
Baby~ want your love, Baby want your love~
love you love you I’ll take you in to my mind

 

Baby want your love, Baby want your love
Love you love you I’ll take you in to my mind
Baby want your love, Baby want your love
Love you love you I’ll take you in to my mind

 

The song ended and everyone clapped, giving us standing ovations and whistled at us. They were all looked amazed. I couldn’t help myself but to smile, feeling that I had done something great and amazing. It was making me proud. But mentally, I was sighing and facepalming.

 

For the second time, I have let myself dragged along by Henry, just like a fool. Aigooo~

 

But then, I heard a voice that made my heart froze and I grinned.

 

“Nice performance, Lee Jieun.”

 

I stopped immediately when I heard the voice. It was a very familiar voice for me and it was also the least voice that I wanted to hear. I knew that I hadn’t turned yet but I already guessed who the owner of the voice was. And I knew that I didn’t want to see him right here and right now.

 

And the class became silent before suddenly the girls started screaming histerically and the boys chattering. I looked up at Henry and saw him dropping his jaw as he saw him. But I ignored him and turned around.

 

In the front of me, there was a guy who stood with his arms crossed. He was handsome to the point that everyone would say that he was cute. His brunette hair was neatly combed but it was just because he was in the public place. He was a little messy actually. He was tall although Henry and Doojoon were taller. His name was Lee Donghae and he was a part of a very famous idol group.

 

How famous he was, you asked?

 

I guessed the class reaction had showed it. So I forced a smile as I was reluctant to see him. And I only dryly chuckled then said, “Hehe, Oppa.”

 

Ah right, I forgot to say that the infamous Lee Donghae was my older brother.

 

Note:

I hope you enjoy the fic. Subscribe and comment will good.

I have deleted the chapter 5-6 because I need to revise them. This is the revised version of part 5.

The song that Henry and Jieun sang was Juniel & Jung Yonghwa of CNBlue's FOOL song. Mostly, they were harmonizing their voice on the song. But I only put the main vocal on the color coded lyric up above. Here's the song :