Part 1: I Would - Lee Ji Eun

With All My Heart

There again, I saw him crossing on that park outside my class windows after his class.

 

Usually, a girl was walking along with him. It was always the same girl, so beautiful and graceful. They joked and laughed. They seemed very happy while walking hand in hand. I never failed to see smiles of happiness came to his face whenever he was with her.

 

A beauty and a handsome. They seemed to fit perfectly together.

 

How many years had it been now again since it begun?

 

I guessed it had been more than a year since they started going out.

 

His name was Henry Lau. He was the infamous and talented guy from my department. He was so good in music. He could play piano and violin so well. He also could sing and dance. Not only that, he was also handsome and friendly. He got many friends and many said that he had a bright future as a musician.

 

And the girl, you asked?

 

Ah… I knew her. I went to the same dance class with her although our departments were different. Her name is Jung Soo Jung, the infamous girl from the Performing Arts department. She got slender body that fit for every clothes and a long straight hair that he loved to caress. Her pretty face seemed to be a masterpiece that God made. Boys was admiring her while girls were envying her beauty, including me.

 

But something was different today.

 

I noticed that Soo Jung was walking ahead with fast steps as if she was pissed by something. Then, he was following her, catching her arm and making her turn to face him. They seemed to argue about something before Soo Jung left, leaving him in disappointment. I saw him heaved. He didn’t seem wanting to come after her and walked to the opposite way.

 

But then, I realized something.

 

For some days, I didn’t see them together anymore. I always thought that it might be because they were busy with their own schedules. But what I had seen today was making me thought something.

 

Could they be breaking up?

 

I shook my head as I diverted my gaze to the book on my table. I tried to concentrate to the explanation that the lecturer gave on the front of the class. I knew that I shouldn’t mind everything that happened to him. I was just an outsider for him, someone that he wouldn’t notice and care about.

 

But why did it bother me to see him arguing his girlfriend?

 

And that thought was staying in my mind for some times, even when the class had finished and I walked toward the music room. I kept thinking about him and Soo Jung.

 

As I almost reached the music room, I felt arms rounded on my both arms. I turned my gaze to my left and right and I saw three girls who were familiar for me as they were my friends. Their names were Amber, Jung Eunji and Yoon Bomi. Eunji and Bomi were linking their arms on mine and smiling widely, looking anxious somehow.

 

“Is it my feeling or you do look anxious?”

 

“We just can't wait for the Vocal Class,” Bomi replied me.

 

It made me frowning to hear her reply. I didn't know that the vocal class became something special for them lately. I stretched my head to Amber as I knew that she wouldn't be as anxious as my two friends.

 

“What’s the thing with Vocal Class?”

 

“The class assignment. You remember?”

 

I gasped as I remembered the class assignment. I was too engulfed with my thought about Henry and Soo Jung until I forgot about it. I forgot that each student would need to perform in the front of class.

 

“Today is Henry's turn, right?” Bomi said rhythmically.

 

But I became panicked since it was also my turn today. I stopped and slipped my arms from Bomi's and Eunji's and made them stopped as they looked at me with questioning look.

 

“Can I skip the class today?” I asked.

 

Since she knew that I would never skip a class for unknown reason, Eunji quickly asked, “Why?”

 

I winced. “I feel weird suddenly. So I think I need to go now.”

 

I turned and wanted to leave. But it seemed that Amber knew the reason of my fear. She quickly grabbed the back of my collar.

 

“A, a, a, I won't let you away again this time,” she said as she pulled me back. “You've been skipping the class last week.”

 

“But…”

 

Eunji seemed not to believe that I ever skipped class before. “Wait. She skipped vocal class?”

 

“Last week,” Amber answered her shortly before looking back at me. “Do you want me to tell your brother that you've been skipping classes lately?”

 

I winced again to hear her threat. As much as I was afraid to perform in the front of people, I was more afraid to let my brother know that I skipped classes. I could imagine what he would do everything to make me attending the class, including joining me in the class. And I was so sure that it would be like hell for me if he did.

 

So I gave up. I knew I couldn’t avoid it anymore. “Alright.”

 

Then I followed my friends with heavy steps as I felt reluctant to go.

 

When we entered the vocal class room, the professor was there already. He was leaning on the table while reading the music sheets on his hands. I noticed that Henry was sitting on the front row, near the professor’s table. It seemed that he was discussing something with him. The professor lowered the music sheet then said something to him.

 

I tried to figure out what they were talking about. But a nudge on my arm diverted my attention. I turned my gaze to Amber who stood behind me.

 

She pointed the seat on the inner side. “You sit there.”

 

I looked at the seat. Bomi and Eunji already sat and left 2 vacant seats for me and Amber. But somehow I was reluctant to sit before Amber. I looked back at her. “Anniya. I’ll just sit on the outer side as usual.”

 

“No way. You sit on the inner side today. If you sit on the outer side, you’ll get away easily.”

 

“Yaah. Can you let me away for this once?” I begged.

 

“I can’t and I won’t. I’ve been tolerating you last week.”

 

I wanted to stand up against her. But sound of the piano stopped me. I saw Henry playing the piano. It seemed that I was too busy arguing with Amber till I didn’t notice that the professor already started the class.

 

He played a few note for intro. It was so soft and clear. But somehow I could feel sadness from it. Then I heard him singing softly…

 

Nothing has ever broken me like you did
No one I ever wanted more than you
Nobody else can make a man so weak
Make him fall in love so deep Baby

 

Somehow, when I heard the verse, I forgot everything and just stood there. I listened and drawn into his song.

 

No one has ever known me like you did
There’s just no other girl to see me through
And every single memory I know
Reminds me that I’m all alone, all alone

 

If I could just get over you I would
Don’t wanna love you anymore
And missing you is like fighting a war
It’s a battle I’m losing
And I’d give up girl if I could
If I could walk away as easily as you I Would

 

As I listened to the song, my memory started to play every view of Henry and Soo Jung that I had seen. And eventually my thought went back to the argument that I witnessed earlier. I started to wonder, what if the argument was about them breaking up.

 

If it was so, then how about him?

 

Thought I’ve seen enough to know it all
But not enough to know how it feels to fall
But the kind of pain you left me with
It never seems to heal
And it never lets me go

 

If I could just get over you I would
Don’t wanna love you anymore
And missing you is like fighting a war
It’s a battle I’m losing
And I’d give up girl if I could
If I could walk away as easily as you I Would

 

I knew that he loved her so much. I felt it through his previous songs. So what would happen with him if they were breaking up?

 

Then somewhere inside my heart, I felt pain as I was sure that he would be hurting.

 

Tell me how do I live with tainted love?
Tell me how can I feel no feelings?
Is there a way to leave it all behind?

 

If I could just get over you I would
Don’t wanna love you anymore
And missing you is like fighting a war
It’s a battle I’m losing
And I’d give up girl if I could


Just tell me how to walk away
Away from loving you

And I Would…

 

The song had ended and silence fell.

 

I didn’t aware what happened afterward. I thought I heard applauses from our classmates. I also thought that I heard Amber praised him beside me. But every voice seemed so far for me as I looked at him.

 

Then the only thing that I felt afterward was just a nudge on my right arm. I was brought back into my sense because of it. And the next thing I knew was I saw every eye on the room looking at me, including our Professor and Henry. Of course it made me confused.

 

“Ya, Lee Ji Eun.”

 

I turned my gaze at Amber as I heard her voice. I saw her confusion look turning to amusement. She was smiling.

 

“Why are you crying?”

 

Then I realized that I felt cool stream on my cheeks. I raised my hand and touched my cheek. I felt tears falling onto my cheek. Without realizing it, I was crying. I dropped my look and wiped my tears away.

 

“It seems that Henry’s song is really touching. I can see that someone is crying because of it.”

 

I heard the Professor said then heard everyone’s chuckles. I looked up and saw they were laughing. Somehow I felt panicked since to be everyone’s attention was the least thing that I expected to be happened on me.

 

Then my gaze stopped at Henry and I saw him smiling. He looked amused too. And somehow to see him smiling like that, it made me embarrassed.

 

“I’m so sorry.”

 

I dropped my face and ran out from the class. I could hear Amber calling me. But I was too embarrassed to come back.

 

Especially after Henry laughed at me like that.

 

--ooOOOoo--

 

Note:

I don't know what to write here. So I just hope you enjoy the fic. Subscribe and comment will good.

The song that Henry sang is called 'I Would'. It's his song on his mini album 'TRAP' and it's originally sung in English. Even though it's a sad song, I don't know why Ji Eun cried because of it :P

Here is the actual song: