Break-up

I Just Want to Love You

Daehyun brought Yoojin to the rooftop of the building. Throughout the time spent in the lift and on their way to the rooftop, the two remained silent and never communicated a single word.

Yoojin knew that Daehyun was angry because his eyes were shooting daggers whenever he looked at her.

They had been standing at the rooftop for nearly ten minutes and still neither of them spoke. Finally Yoojin can’t stand it anymore. “What do you want? If there’s nothing important then I’ll get back to my work.” With that said, she turned to leave however Daehyun stopped her before she could take her first step.

He pulled her arm and crashed her into his arms. Yoojin was shocked and could not move. Daehyun buried his head in the crook of her neck and sniffed her hair. It had been nearly a week since he hugged her and he missed her smell.

Time seemed to have frozen for Daehyun but he didn’t get to enjoy it much before Yoojin pushed him away. After pushing Daehyun away, Yoojin turned around so all Daehyun could see was her back. He sighed and walked over to her. Encircling his arms around her waist, he brought her closer to him.

“I’m sorry, really sorry,” Daehyun whispered into her ears. Yoojin struggled to release herself from Daehyun’s hug but he was too strong for her. “Let me explain?” Daehyun said as he tightened his hold.

Yoojin stopped struggling and tried to turn around to face him but he stopped her. Instead he laid his head on her shoulders and said in a soft tone, “I’m sorry for making you angry. I didn’t mean to hide from you when I went out to meet Tiffany. We were just having dinner together as a friend. I swear that we were not doing anything more than just eating.”

Yoojin pulled Daehyun’s arms away from her waist and turned around to face him. Placing his forehead against hers, she caressed his cheeks and said, “I should be the one apologizing. I know all men like freedom and I hate myself for being so paranoid but I just can’t help it.”

“Maybe, Jonghoon hurt me too much or maybe I don’t believe that I would be that lucky in love to find someone who will love me deeply,” Yoojin said as she walked further away from Daehyun until she reached the edge of the building.

Daehyun walked over to her and turned her around. When he saw the tears running down her cheeks, he quietly wiped them away and hugged her close. Yoojin simply let her tears flow as she leaned against Daehyun’s chest. She really hated herself. She knew that she had to trust Daehyun but the past just don’t allow her to do so.

“Daehyun, maybe…. Maybe we should just break-up,” Yoojin stammered with her face still buried in Daehyun’s chest.

Daehyun immediately pulled her away after he heard what he had said. “What did you just say?” he asked quietly. He really hoped that he had heard it wrongly and Yoojin had not said what he thought he had heard.

Yoojin sniffed and looked down at the ground, “I said maybe we should break-up.”

Daehyun immediately lifted up her face with both of his hands cupping her cheeks, “Yoojin, tell me you are not joking. This is not funny and I don’t see a need for us to break up.”

“I’m not joking, Daehyun. I seriously think we should break-up. I don’t think I’m prepared enough to accept a new relationship after the last one. It got nothing to do with you, you are perfect and all. It’s just me; the past still haunts me so I’m not able to move on yet. I’m sorry,” Yoojin said and ran away from a shocked Daehyun.

She ran all the way down the flight of stairs until she was tired out. She sat on one of the steps and cried her heart out. She doesn’t want to break-up with Daehyun but she doesn’t want him to hate her too in the future.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Daehyun was rooted in the position where Yoojin left him. He didn’t know how to react. He was shocked by the words that left Yoojin’s lips. He wanted to give chase but he knew better to give her the space that she needed now.

He sat down on the floor of the rooftop and looked as the skies darken. At this moment, he cannot be bothered if his trousers will be dirty or if he will be drenched. He just wanted to know what he had done wrong. What he had done wrong to deserve this break-up from Yoojin.