Mystery revealed, the Mum

I Just Want to Love You

Everyone’s gaze followed the little boy who ran towards the woman. They wanted to see how his mother looked like but the sun was blocking out her face.

All of them waited. They were really curious about the looks of the handsome boy’s mother. Finally their wish came true.

The woman moved out of the sun, bent down and hugged the little boy. Finally the audience got their wish. The boy shared the same nose as his mum and the sparkle in their eyes are about the same but there was still some difference.

“Maybe he got the other traits from his dad,” they all thought.

After the mother gave the child a hug, she held onto the boy’s little hand and they crossed the road. Everyone’s eyes were still on the mother and child. They were expecting to catch a glimpse of how the dad of the child looks like. However luck was not on their side.

The little boy climbed into the passenger seat of the car and his mother went into the driver’s side. His father was not with them.

Disappointment could be seen on all of their faces as the car drove off. As the car sped away, the parents went back to the duty of bringing their child home.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

In the car

“Mummy, I thought you said you can’t come and bring me home after school?” little Jae Hwan asked his mother who was driving the car.

“I couldn’t make it at first but I decided that since it’s your first day at school its only right for me to come and see how you are doing. Besides your mummy Ji-hye isn’t feeling too well,” replied his mother.

Little Jae Hwan silently looked at his mother’s side profile and kept quiet. After noticing that her bubbly son was exceptionally quiet, Yoon-eun took her eyes off the road for a short while and looked at him.

“Sweetie, why are you so quiet? Are you sick?” she placed her hand onto her son’s forehead as she asked.

“No,” Jae Hwan shook his little head. “I was just looking at you. Mummy, you are so pretty. The girls in my class said I look so handsome because my parents are pretty too.”

Yoon-eun laughed and ruffled her son’s hair, “You and your sweet mouth. Only one day at school and you already have girls admiring you? How old are all of you?''

“Mummy, don’t worry. I’ll never like them. When I grow up I want to marry Mummy!”

Yoon-eun laughed once again at her son’s cute remarks and they continued the drive back home.