001

The Man Who Waits

CHAPTER ONE

 

 

 

Lee Sung-Min

 

Sungmin smiled into the camera as he waved goodbye to the listeners of “SUKIRA”.

 

He walked into the dorm with his partner, Ryeowook, after wrapping up the radio show together. Donghae, Eunhyuk, Zhoumi, Henry and Kyuhyun warmly welcomed them back. The company had decided to promote Super Junior-M with a new album. Therefore, all members were staying together for the time of promotions, except Siwon who had been busy with filming his latest drama.

 

He entered the bathroom and the tap. The warm water fell onto his face and body, relaxing his muscles. He closed his eyes and thought about the day: Practice from morning 7am to 3pm, rehearsal for his up-coming musical from 3pm to 8:30pm and then finally he rushes over to the KBS recording studio to work on his radio show.

 

Sungmin enjoyed being an idol; it had always been his dream to stand on stage. He was thankfully for s and fans for being by his side but... something else had bothered him. The topic that he had discussed with the listeners of Sukira just then was one of his concerns – love. He was a grown man turning 29 soon and it had been long since he had dated someone of the opposite .

 

He had kept his feelings to himself for the longest time. Even on the radio show, he had to be careful about what he was talking about. Therefore, he could only give advice to the listeners who had asked on ‘how to confess to the girl of their dreams’. Sungmin gave his honest advice but had he ever heeded his own advice?

 

No.

 

The picture of his one true love flashed across his mind – Sunny. For the years he had known her, he had been trying to show his affection towards her but she never seemed to notice him. He felt like a total idiot waiting for something that will never come true.

 

She will never love him. He will never be able to be together with her.

 

 

Sungmin would never forget the first time they hosted a radio show together. She was so shy and in-experienced at the beginning and he would always be helping in between their practice breaks. As time went by, they become closer and were able to host the show with great chemistry.

 

He would also never forget the first time celebrating her birthday on the radio show. The producers of the show had invited Girls’ Generation as guests and Sungmin needed some of the help from each member. Half of the show was a celebration for Sunny and when they were near the ending, the producers had taken Sungmin’s request to play a recording he had done. It was song that he composed and sang for her. He had to stay up for many nights just for a two minutes recording and it was worth it.

 

Sungmin clasped his hands together and closed his eyes. His heart banged against his ribcage. Would she loved it or hate it? Anticipation rushed through him. And when the whole song ended, he turned and grinned at Sunny. She was smiling; her face red from embarrassment. Tears were evident in her eyes. He saw how touched the younger girl was and couldn’t help but engulfed her into a big hug. Sungmin felt like he was on cloud nine when they hugged. Adrenaline rushed in his blood, he didn’t want to let go.

 

Realization struck him. He was in love with her.

 

 

 

“Hyung!” Kyuhyun called and threw a pillow towards Sungmin’s direction. Sungmin turned and felt the pillow’s impact on his face but just simply put it away. He looked at the youngest and questioned, “What do you want, Kyu?”

 

Kyuhyun grinned cheekily before pulling him over to his bed. “Seohyun will be at SM building tomorrow and guess what?”

 

“What?” Sungmin replied, looking rather un-interested. He already knew that Kyuhyun had been secretly crushing on Seohyun but he did not have the courage to ask the younger girl out. It was obvious that they were in love with each other.

 

Unlike Sunny and him

 

“SNSD would be there!!” Kyuhyun nudged him. “You know what it means, don’t you.”

 

Obviously, Sungmin knew it. It meant that he was able to see his beam of sunshine.

 

“I do” Sungmin nodded, trying to bit down the smile that was forming on his face, “Let’s sleep now ok?”

 

 

 

Sungmin dropped to his feet after the song end. He inhaled deeply and closed his eyes, trying to calm his pounding heart. Somewhere in their company, Sunny was there. They were so close yet so far. The thought of being near her was intoxicating. His lips on hers; his hands running down her every curve. 

 

He wanted her so badly.

 

“20 MINUTES BREAK!” their manager hyung called, breaking him from his reverie.

 

Immediately, Donghae and Eunhyuk quickly rushed out of the practice room claiming that they would be right back. Hell yeah. Everyone knew that they are looking for their ‘angels’.

 

They were lucky that the company has decided to lift their dating ban. But they still have to be careful when it comes to dating idols. There are paparazzi in this world for a reason. Everything the idols cannot be misleading, disrespectful or scandalous. For example, the Eunhyuk-IU accident, a picture that is accidentally uploaded cause rumours to start spreading.

 

“Sungmin hyung!” Kyuhyun called from the door, “Are you going?”

 

Sungmin sighed aloud in look at his reflections in his mirror. Should he tag along with the group? It would only be a simple ‘hi’ and ‘bye’ conversation. What was so difficult about it?

 

Right… Talking to the girl you fancied most was an extremely difficult job.

 

How do you impress yourself? Make sure she notices you among the group of familiar faces?

 

How was Sungmin even special to her?

 

Kyuhyun shook his head at Sungmin’s behavior. He knew the answer even though he hadn’t spoken yet. Somehow he needs to do something to bring them both together. Walking towards the older man, he grabbed him by his arms despite the latter’s protest. 

 

 

 

 

// It was suppose to be a one shot but i'm dragging it on for a few more shots. i hope you guys enjoyed the first chapter. I had this planned out since the start of the year but had never actually started crafting it out. It has been lying in desktop for awhile now. to all the SUNSUN shippers out there, let's hug! I would want to thank everyone for subscribing and commenting! <3