Chapter 001

Black Pearl Ann

 

Chapter One
                                                               

---------------------------------------------------------------

║▌│█│║▌║││█║▌│║║█║█║▌│█║▌│║║█║▌│█│║▌║││█║▌│║║█║█║▌│█║▌│║║█

---------------------------------------------------------------

↺--Sitting on the front steps of the City Hall, underneath the abnormally blue skies of Neverland, was forever 21 year old Byun Baekhyun. He hugged his knees to his chest as he watch the passing by people move in front of him, enjoying their second life. He sighed as he spotted a happy couple stroll by hand in hand with one another. 

 
The wind blew, tossling his light brown hair and sending a smell of sweetness through the air. He closed his eyes, inhaling the sweet scent and enjoying the calmness of the day. There was quiet chatter of people on the streets, no cars, as those didn't exist in Neverland, but there was a steady hum of teleporters going off around him. 
 
"Baekhyun-ah, You're needed at the tree." Said a sudden voice from behind him. He sighed and opened his eyes, turning to face a tall girl, Sooyoung, one of the keepers of the Tree of Life. She smiled gently at him. "Kris wants to speak to you." She spoke quietly. Baekhyun nodded and heaved himself up, letting out a grunt. "I guess I'll be on my way then." He nodded to Sooyoung who smiled and bowed before leaving. 
 
With his hands shoved into the pockets of his dark wash jeans, he walked behind the big City Hall building. He waved a hand out in front of him, creating a blue-purple, Blurple if you will, colored portal in front of him. He stepped inside, the portal shutting behind him as he was now standing at the base of Tree Of Life.
 
All around him keepers ran about, carrying iPads and papers, constantly talking into their phones and using portals to leave. Tree of Life sat deep within the planet of Neverland; it was the core. Walls made of dirt, roots and grass sat in a dome around the huge tree, rooms, stair and balconies carved into the walls, with the natural rooms in the tree as well. 
 
Baekhyun spun on his heels and headed straight for a room in the walls that sat high and overlooked everything below. He headed up a grand staircase, saying hello to keepers here and there before pushing open a grand pair of doors and coming face to face with a tall, slender man; Kris. 
 
"I see you've finally made it." He commented as he stood in front of a huge window, taking notes and observing the work below. He turned to face Baekhyun, a small smile on his lips. He set his notes down and waved his hand in front of him, suddenly making an envalope appear. He passed it to Baekhyun, who gave him a confused look. "It's an explanation letter. You'll be expected to leave Neverland here in a few hours to bring a new soul here. It explains the persons name, cause of death, place of death and when. Please be early among their passing that way the procedures go smoothly." Kris spoke in a monotone voice. 
 
"I understand, sir. Thank you, but," Baekhyun bit his lip in hesitation to ask his question. Questiong the leaders orders were not something you were supposed to do. "shouldn't I be helping train the hundred souls that were just brought in to Exoplanet?" Kris smiled and laughed a bit, shaking his head. "Don't worry. I've sent word to Tao and warned him ahead of time about your absence. Everything is taken care of. Now, I'll send you off now so you aren't too late." Baekhyun bowed and turned to leave but was stopped by a hand on his shoulder. 
 
"Please, take this." Kris said, holding out a sheathed sword. "I've gotten word that the ammount of bannished souls and Lygons are increasing. You'll need to protect yourself becuase I can tell you now, Your powers won't do you much justice." He smiled softly at Baekhyun who let out a sigh. The topic of his powers was a touchy subject as the other 11 high ranked keeprs had powers such as teleportation, healing, and even time control, he was stuck with light. What good would shooting a beam of light out of your palm do when you were face to face with a Lygon who's teetch could slice through even the toughest of metals as if it were just cheese.
 
After accepting and thanking Kris, Baekhyun walked out of the office and opened a portal straight back to his own living quarters where he suited up in his keepers uniform. He now sat on the the counter in his kitchen where he was reading the letter given to him by Kris.
 
Ann Jung. Plane crash at Icheon Airport, South Korea. 8:49 p.m Saturday, 2013. 
 
He sighed after reading the note and shoved it in his pocket, waving his hand in front of him and opening a portal to Icheon Airport. In he stepped, the journey finally beginning.

---------------------------------------------------------------

║▌│█│║▌║││█║▌│║║█║█║▌│█║▌│║║█║▌│█│║▌║││█║▌│║║█║█║▌│█║▌│║║█

---------------------------------------------------------------

Authors Notes
                                                               

↺--Okay, so the first chapter is kind of boring. and short
I know. It's in the next chapter that really starts
heating up. I'm going to apologize right now for use of 

language. I just swear because I think it helps get the
point across. 
Judge me. So, feedback would be lovely,
I guess. I'm 
working on the next chapter at this moment.
Sooo~ 
yup. And I know the Keepers Uniform is Indiana
Jones's. xD I couldn't think of anything else to use
so REALEASE me some slack, would ya! Ppyong~

~ℭΔƪȾӋ