.

e-mail

Kyungsoo paced slightly quicker, catching up with the taller. When Jongin did not see him, he decided to lunge his arms over the taller's shoulders, trying to choke him with his forearms but to no avail, pulling Jongin back due to their height difference. Jongin turned around, his eyebrows raised. He laughed slightly and turned back to the front. His steps wobbled a bit when Kyungsoo stopped walking, not letting him go.

 

"What are you trying to do?"

 

"I had a bad day. Carry me home," whined Kyungsoo, his arms still over Jongin's shoulders from the back. When Kyungsoo's leg faltered, he dragged Jongin down with him.

 

"Argh, stop," Jongin told as he bent back, but not doing anything to remove Kyungsoo's arm. Kyungsoo did as he was told, grinning quickly, but pouting again as he moved to Jongin's side. They moved towards the school gates together. "How bad a day did you have?"

 

"Kinda bad. Suicidal bad. But I guess that's nothing new."

 

"You scare me," Jongin told. "And I would love to carry you home, but I'd rather carry a chick back home. Sorry."

 

"Well, that's you," Kyungsoo sighed.

 

Jongin smiled at the smaller, then he slung his arm over Kyungsoo's shoulders. "Don't take it too badly. Hey, I'll send you Baby Don't Cry's music sheet tonight. You practice that and feel better, okay?"

 

"Yea, sure," Kyungsoo mumbled. He could smell Jongin's breath as he talked, the handsome face looking down on him and grinning. What did he have for lunch? Kyungsoo wondered. Cheese and ham sandwich? I didn't have lunch with him, so who did?

 

As they walked pass groups of students crowding the front gate, Jongin released his arm so that they could walk by faster. Jongin smiled at a few people who greeted him. Kyungsoo wondered if he was holding Jongin back. Maybe he wanted to talk to those people. In the distance, Kyungsoo spotted a familiar face. He knew the kid from his vocals class - not exactly the best vocalist but his looks made him popular - and he saw Jongin hang out with the kid once in awhile. They looked close the few times Kyungsoo saw them together; laughing at private jokes and sharing water from the same bottle. Kyungsoo wondered if Jongin had lunch with him.

 

"So like, you know that Sehun kid?" Kyungsoo asked softly, afraid the owner of the name heard him.

 

"Yea," Jongin said, then paused for awhile. He guessed Kyungsoo wanted an explanation, although what for he was not sure. "He's in my dance class."

 

Jongin looked at Kyungsoo, wondering if that was enough, but the other was not looking at him. Instead, he was staring uncomfortably at Sehun, his eyes wide and unreadable as usual. Does Kyungsoo not like him? Did Sehun do something wrong to him? Before a 'why' slipped out of Jongin's mouth, Kyungsoo stopped in his tracks, right before they passed Sehun.

 

"I'm waiting for the bus," Kyungsoo told.

 

"Oh okay then," Jongin said. "See you later." They both knew Jongin walked back. They knew a lot about each other that did not need to be mentioned. Plus Kyungsoo was not much of a talker, so Kyungsoo presumed they were okay with silent moments between the two. Jongin admitted the knowing look on Kyungsoo's face and the silent wave with a smile before he left was something special - something he could only do with Kyungsoo - but he felt a slight relief not having to think of what to say anymore or if he should say anything at all. Sehun was fun to be around - new and full of surprise, like a video game he just started playing. He called to Sehun as he passed by, and Sehun's blank face turned into a toothy smile. Jongin punched Sehun's stomach lightly then ran away. Sehun motioned to hit him, an arm over his abdomen. But instead he just laughed, his feet not moving away.

 

Kyungsoo watched from the edge of his eyes as Jongin walked the opposite way while looking back at Sehun, grinning widely. He stopped looking. Soon the bus came and he got on, and so did Sehun. Sehun bumped into an acquaintance and started chatting with her. Kyungsoo noticed their loud conversation, plugging his headphones on. The world seemed further away with music that he kept to himself. He watched the people in the bus - couples, friends, old women with their grocery baskets, Sehun and the girl. And then there was him.

 

Later that evening, Kyungsoo stared at his laptop screen. He had one foot up on the seat, his back leaning on the rest. He needed to finish an assignment, but his thoughts were not in control. He cannot seem to concentrate before he thinks about something else - that book on his reading list, that new album by an artist he wanted to listen to, the Baby Don't Cry sheet, Sehun, Jongin. He loved and cared for Jongin, he really did. Although the handsome factor was the main reason Kyungsoo was attracted to Jongin, the two got to know each other non-romantically and Kyungsoo was okay with that. In comparison to their three year friendship, who was Sehun? Sehun is a new kid. His friendship must matter more to Jongin than Sehun's, right? Kyungsoo admitted his old crush must be affecting how he thinks and cares about Jongin, but the realization does not make it stop.

 

He wiped his face with one hand from forehead down, his eyes closing for a second. He blinked, trying to refresh himself like he does with his desktop page. It does not work the same though. He decided to check his email. He remembered scribbling his email address on Jongin's notebook. Did Jongin notice it? He typed in the website address and the with two letters Chrome immediately found out where he wanted to go to. He pressed two buttons on the keyboard and his email was unveiled. One unread mail in his inbox - untitled, with an attachment. Kyungsoo smiled at the name of the sender.

 

Kim Jongin