Chapter 4 - Distant Knight

The Shy Guy's Melody
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

CHAPTER 4 - DISTANT KNIGHT

Classes move foward slowly as the morning passes into afternoon. Lunch would be soon, meaning that I would not be at school much longer as I had to practice. Of course it was ridiculous...dress rehearsals a week before the performance? Give me break!

"Remember your compositions on etiquette and manners are due after the break," The professor concludes, "and I hope everyone is planning to attend Jiyung's piano concert next week." All eyes are on me, more unwanted attention. I put that aside and smile as he continues, "It's sure to be another cultural experience." Everyone nods and claps.

Once again ShinWa manages to highlight famous people and its connection to popularity and acceptance. I politely smile and nod my head, ignoring the urge to correct the professor. Since there wasn't much culture in the pieces, the extra attention wasnt necessary but as a child I had learnt not to object when someone notes this no matter how much dramatic stuff happened. The bell rang; I mentally thank whoever set the automatic timing. Quickly I throw my books into my backpack and run out of the classroom before anyone can bother saying anything else.

My phone rings suddenly, and I pull it out my bag, "Hello?"

"Hello Ms. Jiyung. I'm stuck in traffic, so i'll be late."

"How late?"

"Twenty minutes. No use waiting for me; go eat lunch and I'll call you when I'm in front of the school," That's twenty more minutes of trying to avoid a crowd of fans. 

I shrug my shoulders, "Alright. I'll go eat."

We say goodbye and hang up...I guess I'm eating with the members of the F4 today or Jan Di. Most likely Jan Di since I haven't eaten with the F4 members yet aside from my first day back six months previous. I shuffle down the hallway towards the high school, trying to ignore the crowd of people piling out of clsasrooms into the hall. Many murmur, speaking of my concert next week. I'm grateful, but I didn't want much attention right now.

I just wanted to find Jan Di.

Despite the large campus, I manage to find the high school halls quickly, and Jan Di looking at something. Beside her another figure...Ji Hoo. I stop in my steps, eyes widening. Of course I would find them together. I debate even approaching her, but she turns her head in my direction and smiles, "Jiyung!" She exclaims, walking quickly towards me, "Do you wanna eat lunch together? Ga Euls coming too. She had the day off from school."

I hesitate, gazing towards Ji Hoo leaning up against the wall, watching us carefully. That look...made me feel like running the other way. He wanted to be alone with her, "Um, I was going to go eat by myself..."

"You can't do that!" She grabs my arm and drags me towards Ji Hoo, "She's coming too!"

"But-"

"Why do you have to argue?" She asks, "you're coming!"

I go to protest but Jan Di is already heading towards the high school cafeteria. We stand there for a moment in silence, I watch as Jan Di puts her hands in her pockets, "She's different," Ji Hoo says quietly, looking at me, "I notice it in everything."

"She misses Jun Pyo," I blurt out loud, "no calls. No messages. He hasn't acknowledged her existance," It was the first time we had talked about this, though I d

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter