Chapter 3 - Hearts and Strangers

The Shy Guy's Melody
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: Its been a long time! I hope you enjoy this new chapter! :D

CHAPTER 3 - HEARTS AND STRANGERS

"Thanks," I murmur, getting off of Ji Hoo's motorcycle and passing him the helmet, "it was fun."

"I'm glad," He responds, taking the helmet, "will you come listen to us? Tomorrow?"

I shrug my shoulders, "Maybe. I may have to practice for the concert next week."

"Alright," He smiles, "drop by tomorrow at some point."

"Do you want to come inside?"

"Its tempting. But I can't. Gotta go practice with the orchestra."

"At this hour?"

"Yeah," He smiles, "concert."

"Of course," I nod my head, "then...goodnight."

I notice him hesitate, but evidentally he gets up from his motorccle and wraps his arms around my waist. My eyes widen and I tense up as his embrace engulfs me, I didn't expect this. As much as I wanted everything, the hug, the food, my heart was still breaking. his heart was definately with someone else, It was obvious. I knew him that well. Despite the busy schedule, I would see him once and a while outside....and how he looked at Jan Di.

My stomach begins to turn, my heart accelerates. I should have just stood there and done nothing, despite my heart pushing me to respond....but I listen to it, and slowly wrap my arms around his shoulder. We stand there for a moment stuck in the embrace, my mind and heart yelling two different things at me.

After a while he pulls away and smiles, "Have a good sleep."

I can't speak, a mix of speechless I guess and a million other things, so rather than answer I nod and watch as he gets back on to his motorcycle and speeds off after waving.

Once he's dissapeared from view, I smile a little, and go inside my house, shutting the door behind me. 

"Jiyung!" I hear a deep voice bellow out, "is that you?"

"Yes, dad," I respond, walking into the living room. He sits on a small expensive chair against the window.

"Did you have fun?"

I slowly nod my head, "Yes."

"You know we gotta set you up with someone soon. Part of being rich."

"I know dad,"

"Your so polite," My father says, "we raised you well.Keep this marriage thing between us, if your mother knew she'd have a fit."

I nod.

"And I want you to quit your job."

I knew he'd bring this up, "Dad we've talked about this already..." I groan, "I want the job."

"Then I'll get you a job a the ShinWa oil company," Mt father smiles, "I know the owner."

"Thanks dad, but I don't want to," I smile, "I like my job."

"I don't want you to work there," My father insists, " a girl of a wealthy family should not work at such a low life establishment. Your my daughter, you deserve so much better."

"But this is better," I whine, "this is what I want."

"No, not that. You're my daughter, you deserve the best. I want you to put in your letter of resignation soon,"

There was no use to talking to him, no universe in which he would listen to anything that I would  say. If only he would. W

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter