Chapter 2

System Reboot
Kai's POV
 
    Turns out it wasn't a dream. The thought of this all being a vivid hallucination left weeks ago. It's been two months since it all began.
 
     TaeYeon Noona's birthday is slowly approaching and my parents are becoming irritated with my constant screaming and crying. It was incapable of being helped. The wailing and flailing helped so much with the non-stop confusion and pain. I can't explain it, but the crying... It was like screaming out your problems to the atmosphere. It temporarily healed whatever scars you needed to heal.
     It was odd witnessing the life of mother and that man that made me before it all went downhill. They both seemed joyous and stress-free back then. They had no idea.
 
     The calendar nailed to the kitchen wall was marked by the day, bringing it closer to March 29. My mother's death. I began to ponder. If this really isn't a dream or hallucinations, is it in my hands to keep my mother at home all day, in order to ensure her protection? Was this like a second chance? I had time to worry later, though. According to my mother and that man's conversations, someone is coming over today. TaeYeon's friend apparently. I had no idea who, as a few words were blocked out by my mediocre hearing.
 
     I sleepily watched as TaeYeon noona handled her Barbie dolls and marionettes in the living area. She had loved those thing nearly as much as she loved her parents. The marionettes are now slightly worn. Some had missing eyes, some had chipped skin, others had lost fingers and there was one that wore a tattered dress. They had served as children to her, although she is only four.
 
     I had noticed that TaeYeon was an astounding sister. I didn't really get a chance to keep most memories of her, as she left this world so early. But she seemed so kind. Every night she would come to the small crib I slept in and press her lips against my forehead. Then she would tell me all about her day and ask me questions, as if I could talk. I couldn't talk. It's uncomfortable to think of. I'm able to say the words in my mind, but my mouth didn't allow any of them to come  out. My mouth was far too underdeveloped to say anything.
     Anyways, once TaeYeon noona noticed that my eyes had began to twitch and my breathing was slowly pacing, she kissed my forehead once more and said eight words that lead me into slumber.
 
"JongIn. Noona will always be here for you."
 
     TaeYeon was different from my mother. I could easily prevent my mother from leaving the house on the day of her death, but TaeYeon Noona.... She had cancer. It really couldn't be helped. No one in the family knew at the moment. Only me.
 
     A knock on the front door startled me. It was TaeYeon's friend, wasn't it?
 
     "Umma! It's Yoona! It's Yoona!" TaeYeon screamed. My eyes darted from TaeYeon to the door.  Yoona was my girlfriend. Or.. is she my girlfriend? I'm still not very sure whether I'm in a coma or not. The possibility of this being the product of an accident might have left my mind, but it's not completely dissolved from the likelihood of this all being simply a dream.
 
     Yoona was a good person. But she wasn't necessarily my type. Someone who was more my type was Lu Han, TaeYeon noona's friend as well, but because he only spoke mandarin when TaeYeon was still alive, it was difficult for them to have a steady friendship. It was rare they hung out together. Lu Han was Yoona's adopted brother.
 
     Once TaeYeon obtained permission to open the door herself, In came an excited young girl with another woman I assume was her mother.
 
 
     "Omo! Yoona! Yoona!" I smiled as I watched TaeYeon bounce up and down in Yoona noona's frail arms. As a child, Yoona looked nearly exactly the same as she does now- err- I mean before.. all.. this.
     Immediately, thay both struck up a conversation about the who's and the what's. The next thing that TaeYeon noona said, though, threw me off the bridge.
 
 
 
"Oh, Yoong~! You brought Lu Han!"

Vuala! New terrible chapter is up~!

Uhh. Hey, if you don't mind... can you please be a sweetheart and comment? I know you probably don't want to, but it really helps to know what you think.

Thank you for reading~ <333