Prologue

System Reboot
Kai's POV
 
     I angrily slammed the apartment door shut, most likely terrifying everyone who possessed the ability to hear it. I bitterly marched towards random objects in the room, discharging them in different directions. I'm not sure of how loud I was being, but that was due to the fact that I didn't really care.
     This was the, what, 6th time I've been fired in a year? I wasn't even able to feel regret as I shattered nearly everything in my reach. Of course, none of it was at large value, so it wasn't like it mattered much.
     At one point, I heard loud pounding at the door, indicating that someone probably got fed up with all of my nonsense. I disregarded the pleads to 'quiet it down' and screamed in there general direction to go away. To leve me alone. To stop breathing my air.
 
     Once I felt my rage slightly die down, I carefully scanned the entire room with disappointment. Bile was getting dragged up my throat at the horrendous sight.
 
 
Well, I have no job. I can clean tomorrow.

I awoke to a loud crying sound, similar to that of a baby. Actually, it was a baby.

 
     I tried to sit up, but all I could do was wave my arms back and forth. As hard as I attempted to open my eyes, all I could do was squint.
     My limbs felt extremely stiff, as if they weren't meant to move at all. The annoying wailing continued until I realized that the one producing the sound was close. Extremely close. Almost as if it were me cryi-
 
     "Awww~ My baby~. Is JongIn upset? Is baby JongIn upset?" A slightly familiar woman smiled sweetly and came to my side then lifted me from the spot I was lying at. Whoa. How did she do that? 
 
     "Does baby Jongie want his bottle? Hmm?" What the hell? Why does she keep cooing at me like that? And where did she muster up all this strength to pick me up?
     She fitted me into her arms and at that moment, I discovered that my feet barely reached her right elbow, and my head was settled on top of her left elbow. Huh? Since when did I become so short? And that crying is really starting to get on my ner-
 
     "JongIn. Stop crying. Mommy's here. Mommy's here."
 
 
Wait a minute.
 
 
My mom died when I was 2.
 
 
     "Honey? Did JongIn wake up?" A tall man in a dress shirt strolled into the room with a smile. He looked strangely familiar to my dad. Before his drug addiction. He walked to my side and kissed my forehead in a sickeningly sweet way.
 
 
 
What the hell is going on?