Chapter 2

I Will Keep Loving You (:

Changmin sighed as Junsu gently let his hands go.

 

"Thank you doctor," he chimed before he dragged Junsu and Yoochun out of the doctor's room.

 

"Now listen hyungs, we've got to be strong for both Yunho hyung's and Jaejoong hyung's sake okay?" Changmin declared as he stared right into his hyungs' lost eyes, the trio standing right outside Yunho's ward, "I don't know how much Yunho hyung has forgotten or how much he remembers but I know he'll regain his memory in the end so we have to remain strong."

 

"Changmin..." Junsu uttered, noticing Changmin's trembling hands.

 

"We've been through worse things than this right?" Changmin laughed shakily, "Surely we can go through this too. We're the formidable Dong Bang Shin Ki after all."

 

Yoochun said nothing, pulling both Changmin and Junsu into an embrace instead. Their arms were around one another as the tears rolled down their cheeks, the heavy feeling in their chests signifying their loss and their pain. Then, all broke apart as one and stretched their hands, laying them atop one another.

 

"Dong Bang Shin Ki, FIGHTO."

 

They chorused as one before entering the room, enthusiasm returning to them.

 

"Yunho, you must remember my name okay? My name is Kim Jaejoong," they heard Jaejoong uttering before Jaejoong looked up at them at the sound of the door opening, "Oh, you guys are here too."

 

"Jaejoong hyung..." they spoke in unison. 

 

How could he smile so beautifully after hearing what the doctor said about Yunho's loss of memory? How could he still be standing right here talking to Yunho as though life was perfectly normal? How could he pretend that everything was fine? How could he smile amidst the pain?

 

He felt the most pain out of them three. How could he bear the pain inside of him?

 

Jaejoong hyung, how are you still smiling so wide?

 

"Oh, stop the sad faces you three," Jaejoong gently chided, noticing the looks they were giving him, "It's not someone's funeral y'know? Yunho here is perfectly fine. Come on man. Introduce yourselves to him."

 

Jaejoong hyung...

 

Clenching their fists, the trio nodded.

 

"Hey hyung, I'm Yoochun," Yoochun began speaking, forcing a smile on his face, "That idiot there is Junsu and the person standing next to him is Changmin, the youngest here."

 

Yunho smiled brightly at Yoochun, "Nice to meet you, Yoochun, Junsu and Changmin. I would introduce myself to you but I supposed you already know my name right?" Yunho laughed, "So, Jaejoong hyung just told me that we five men are a popular Korean band of singers together known as Dong Bang Shin Ki. Is that true?"

 

"Eh?" Yoochun balked, "Jaejoong hyung, you..."

 

"Oh come on," Jaejoong laughed awkwardly, immediately interrupting Yoochun's speech, "Yunho, don't you trust me? Besides, I already told you not to call me 'Jaejoong hyung', call me Jaejoongie instead."

 

"But it's disrespectful to call an older person by his name," Yunho frowned, "and it's not that I don't trust you, I just wanted to verify the information I was given."

 

"Verify huh?" Jaejoong's cheerful facade instantly slipped away. "That still means you don't trust me,"

 

"Wait. I didn't mean it that way-"

 

"It's okay," Jaejoong smiled at him, the tears welling up in his eyes, "It's unfair of me to expect too much of you. You don't even remember who I am, right? How can I expect you to trust me when you don't even remember."

 

"Jaejoong hyung..."

 

"Sorry, but I think I'll need a break for a while."

 

With that said, Jaejoong dashed out of the room, leaving the trio and Yunho in heavy silence. Sighing, Yunho pushed the blankets off him and shakily placed his two feet on the hospital floor. Using the bed as his support, Yunho tried to push himself up, his hand trembling as he struggled to stand.

 

"Yunho hyung, what are you doing?" Junsu cried out, instantly rushing to Yunho's side and helping him out, "You've just woken from a coma. You're not supposed to be walking!"

 

Yunho frowned in response, but gave no other indication he heard Junsu's words. Instead, he used Junsu as his balance and slowly walked to the door, his eyes grim with determination. 

 

Just one more step, Yunho mentally chanted to himself, ignoring Junsu's wails,  just one more step and before I know it, I will be at the door. I just have to take one more step. I can surely beat the weakness in my body. I just have to take one... more... step.

 

"Hyung," Junsu whispered as he watched Yunho forcing himself to walk towards the door, "Why are you doing this?"

 

Leaning against the wall, Changmin allowed the tears to fall from his eyes as he closed them shut. They were all suffering from the pain. Jaejoong was hurt that Yunho had forgotten about him. Junsu was shocked by the up turn of events and Yoochun... Yoochun was struggling to hold his own tears back.

 

Changmin swallowed the lump in his throat. He had to make things right again. He did not know how. He did not know why but he just knew that all this had to stop. He was the intelligent maknae of all time. He will fix this broken family and place all the pieces back together. He is Shim Chang Min, Voldemort of Dong Bang Shin Ki, and that means a Dark Wizard like him can surely perform magic to heal all of them here and chase the pain away.

 

"Enough, Yunho hyung," Changmin commanded, causing every occupant in the room to look at him, "Yoochun hyung, go look for Jaejoong hyung. He needs you right now. Yunho hyung, you will listen to Junsu hyung and lay in bed to wait for Yoochun hyung to bring Jaejoong hyung back."

 

"You..."

 

"I don't care if I'm being disrespectful at this point, hyung," Changmin glared at Yunho with annoyance that was clear, "You've just woken up from a coma and you shouldn't be walking, plain as day. Now Yoochun hyung, faster go run after Jaejoong hyung."

 

With that commandeering tone, Yunho hyung was forced back into bed with the aid of Junsu and Changmin. Sulking, Yunho glared balefully at the maknae, his eyes filled with ire, not noticing the smirk on Yoochun's face.

 

"Oh Changmin," Yoochun grinned, "You're still as formidable as ever eh?"

 

"Be quiet, hyung and go chase after Jaejoong hyung!" Changmin shouted over his embarassment.

 

At Changmin's command, Yoochun laughed as he ran out of the room. 

 

"Only you can command Yunho hyung this way," Yoochun smiled to himself as he raced down the corridors of the hospital in a blur, "Changmin, only you..."

 

His spirits lifted, Yoochun sped up in his running as his eyes constantly scourged for Jaejoong's presence, his head turning from left to right as he frantically searched for his hyung's shadow. Somehow, Changmin taking charge of the situation made the bleak situation seemed a little much better. It gave him a semblance of hope. Yoochun smiled.

 

Changmin, you've done your part already. Now, it's time for me, your hyung, to take action. Be rest assured, Changmin, I'll definitely find Jaejoong hyung and return him to Yunho's side. Do not worry; everything will be alright once again. I know we will get through this thick mess.

 

"We're the formidable Dong Bang Shin Ki after all."