Chapter 1

I Will Keep Loving You (:

It was a break they were all looking forward to. Rather, it was a break that was long deserved. Slinging his arms around Jaejoong, Yunho felt totally at peace. Changmin had managed to bargain with their manager for a three day vacation, claiming that he could not stand Yunho's incessant whining any longer. Yunho was mortified. He was no common mutt now, was he? Still, laying his head on Jaejoong's shoulder as he stared out of the window, Yunho could not help but feel that this was all he was asking for. It was perfect. Changmin was perceptive to his needs, Yunho would give him that.


"What are you thinking about?"


Jaejoong's soft angelic voice broke the muse of Yunho's thoughts, causing Yunho to nuzzle against Jaejoong's neck. His gaze shifted away from the window and turned to admire the gorgeous display of milky skin before him, his tongue lapping to have a taste.
 
"What are you doing, Yunnie ah?" Jaejoong squirmed, moving his neck away from Yunho's grasp. Yunho laughed. Jaejoong was such a cute tease sometimes. Slowly, Yunho inched towards Jaejoong, leaving a gap of not bigger than 1 cm between them. His hot breaths tickled the bridge of Jaejoong's nose as Jaejoong scrunched his eye brows at the sensation, his cheeks tinted pink. Unable to bear it anymore, Yunho burst into fits of laughter, pecking a grumpy Jaejoong who glared at him.
 
"It's not my fault you're so shy. God knows we've done worse than that." Yunho commented offhandedly, ignoring the glare that was sent in his way. Jaejoong pouted. As much as he would like to deny Yunho's words, he could not help but agree with them. It was true that he and Yunho were no s and it was also true that they had engaged in multiple times. Both parties had already seen each other in the ! It was ridiculous that he still blushed when Yunho was in close proximity. It was as though his nerves were hypersensitive to the presence of Yunho. It was as though his body was made for Yunho. Jaejoong frowned. That was an unintended innuendo. He did not mean it, or did he? Was he no longer the angelic being he claimed to be? Glaring at Yunho, Jaejoong could not help but pin the blame to Yunho; the reason for his loss of innocence. Now his whole being was tainted with the presence of him: Jung Yunho.


Yunho laughed, "Boo, why the long face?"


Jaejoong frowned. 
 
"You," he accused with a condescending tone, "You are the reason for the loss of my innocence."


Yunho smiled, revealing his perfect set of pearl-white teeth.


"But boo, you weren't even innocent to begin with."


Yunho replied, showing his infamous Bambi eyes. Jaejoong wanted to take his shoe off and throw it at his face. For how many years had he fallen for those eyes, tricked by the manipulative mind masked behind it? For how many years had he succumbed to his antics, never realizing he was being played for a fool until he saw Yunho's devious smirks. No, Jaejoong decided, no longer was he going to give in to Yunho now. He saw through Yunho's tricks years ago and he was not going to fall for them again. He was his own man now, an adult who could make his own decisions. He would not lose to Yunho. 
 
Summoning his infamous pout, Jaejoong raised his eye brows innocently,
 
"I don't know what you're talking about." 


This time, even iron-clad determination could not stand against that irresistible pout and Yunho was forced to raise his hands in surrender, giving the crown of manipulation to Jaejoong. There was a reason for Yunho's sky rocketing credit card bills after all. Jaejoong always got whatever he wanted. There was no question about it. Sighing, Yunho rested his head on the crook of Jaejoong's shoulder, wondering just what the hell he had gotten himself into.


"So," Jaejoong broke the silence between them as both returned to people-watching out of the window, "don't you think some celebration is in order?"


"Celebration?" Yunho questioned, his tone baffled, "What's there to celebrate?"



"Our reunion!" Jaejoong exclaimed, a twinkle in his eye, "Our fated encounter in the dark bitter winter that douses every fire of love!"


Yunho smacked his palm against his forehead.


"Jae, it's not like we've been separated for long!" Yunho reasoned, "It's only been 12 days, 4 hours and 21 minutes, that hardly calls for a celebration don't you think?"


Jaejoong grinned, catching Yunho off guard. It was only when he was met with Jaejoong's grin that Yunho realized his slip of tongue. Instantly, Yunho's face flushed red and he turned away, avoiding Jaejoong's knowing eyes.
 
"It's not like I've been counting," he mumbled in protest, "I'm not that lovesick."
 
Jaejoong's grin widened. 
 
"Whatever you say." Jaejoong teased, "Whatever makes you happy."


Yunho opened his mouth, about to make a snark retort when a scream escaped his parted lips. Without hesitation, Yunho pushed Jaejoong away, causing Jaejoong to land a few feet away from the table they were originally at. Jaejoong screamed. A motorcycle had crashed into the cafe they were in and Yunho was pinned under the wreck, blood trailing down the sides of his face as he remained blissfully unconscious.


"Yunho!" Jaejoong bellowed as he ran to his other half's side immediately, "Can you hear me? Yunho?"


There was no response. Jaejoong's heart turned cold as he felt the trickles of fear creeping into his heart. Yunho was too still. There was no movement in his chest at all. It was as though he was not breathing. It was as though all life had left him.


"Get the ing ambulance here." Jaejoong turned away from the wreck and glared at the crowd that was forming around him, "Get the ing ambulance here or there will be hell to pay."
 
And as Kim Jaejoong dictates, so does Kim Jaejoong get. Within a span of a few minutes, an ambulance had arrived and Yunho was hoisted up a stretcher and carried into it. Jaejoong hopped into the ambulance immediately, his hands clutching onto Yunho's. Throughout the journey to the hospital, Jaejoong never let go of Yunho's hand, not even once. Like a statue, Jaejoong stared at the beeping monitor in front of him, thanking every deity out there that Yunho was still alive. That the love of his life was still breathing.


Yunho you devious bastard, you're impermeable to harm, aren't you?


~*~


It was only when Jaejoong was sitting in the doctor's office with Yunho's family and the rest of the members that he realized Yunho might not be as hardy as he thought he would be. Jaejoong clenched his fists as he fought the impulse to run a few wards away and strangle the person within. The motorist got away with a minor concussion and some scratches on his body while Yunho had a concussion and had been in a coma since. How was the world in any way fair? The tears pricked at Jaejoong's eyes as he held them at bay with pure determination.
 
They thought all would be well once Yunho had awoke. They were mistaken. Yunho had not come out of the coma unscathed. Waking a few hours before, Jaejoong had been ecstatic and was literally jumping in joy, pecking Yunho's cheeks continuously, showering him with all the love and attention he could give, until Yunho opened his mouth to speak.
 
"Who are you?"
 
Jaejoong had stopped in his tracks then and froze on the spot, unable to react to the pure confusion he could see in Yunho's eyes. All senses of his had shut down simultaneously and Jaejoong was left staring at the air, his mind an utter blank. He vaguely registered Yoochun gently dragging him aside and Changmin's incredulous look as he stared at Yunho his mouth gaped wide open.

 
"You don't remember who we are?" he questioned only to be met with Yunho's puzzled eyes then. It was only then that all members realized that Yunho was not playing a trick on them like how it was in the past. Yunho really did not remember. Jaejoong could recall the gasp of air that he emitted at the sudden fact presented to them. Yoochun was horrified, Junsu had freaked out and Changmin had dragged all of them out of the room, storming into the doctor's office for an explanation.


"Post-traumatic amnesia."


The doctor had diagnosed, giving them looks of sympathy as he explained how those two words could take the Yunho they knew away from them. 


"It happens following a traumatic brain injury and the amnesia may be transient or permanent, depending on the severity of the injury. In this case, Yunho shii had forgotten events that happened prior to the traumatic brain injury. This is pretty common in patients who have just woken up from a coma."
 
"Is it treatable then?" Changmin questioned, his eyes widening at the rubbish Jaejoong was sure the doctor was spouting.
 
"No," the doctor's voice softened, "I'm afraid it's not. While it's true that Yunho shii might regain memories of the past as time flies, it is more accurate for me to say that the life Yunho shii knows of truly begins today."
 
Jaejoong got up abruptly, pushing his chair back and interrupting the doctor's words, glaring at the doctor as he did so. Slamming the door behind him, he strode off, heading towards the room he knew his other half was in.


The room was enveloped into silence as Changmin stared at the doctor apologetically, his hands laying beside him uselessly.


"He's usually not like this," Changmin explained, "He's just angry and mad cause Yunho means so much to him, and to all of us.."
 
Changmin's voice trailed off as he blinked away the well of tears that formed in his eyes, his gaze kept to the ground. He was surprised when he found another set of fingers enveloping his and clutching them tight. Looking up he then realized the hands belonged to his hyung who was not rambling about soccer once for a change. Instead, Junsu's face was blank as he swallowed down the incoming tears. Changmin felt a contradiction of feelings. He did not know if he should laugh at the fact that Junsu's soccer tirade had finally stopped or cry at the fact that Junsu was struggling to hold back his tears as much as he did. As though fate was witness to his internal conflict, the doctor's subsequent words made the decision for him and unloose the dam within.


"I know," the doctor had whispered, "During the process of the operation, Yunho shii had woken once. He had drifted to sleep shortly after but I was the one closest to him and I clearly heard him calling out for Jaejoong shii."


Turning to the door that Jaejoong had just slammed, the doctor sighed.


"If that's not true love, I don't know what love is."

 

Author's Note: This story is more coherent and understandable thanks to my betas _caxiAhtic_ and fairytael. Do check them out. :D Lastly, hope you enjoyed this chapter, and yes it will not be a oneshot. HAHA.