Chapter 4

Sing for me...

Hongki's POV

 
I reluctantly left him in the bedroom, but I had no choice. I had to check what was happening in the living room. I was the temporary leader so I had to look after other members too. I sighd and went into the room. What I found there was rather normally. Minhwan and Seunghyun were sitting on the floor insulting each other. Between them lay the empty chicken box. I looked at Jaejin, who was sitting on the couch not knowing what to do with them.
"Another lovers quarrel?" I asked.
He just nodded.
"what this time?"
I had enough of their tiffs. They were a couple but they were arguing about 3 times a day.
"Seunghyun ate Minhwan's last chicken wing and you know how Minari is."
They were impossible. So much shouting about one piece of chicken! I looked at them. They had just started a pillow fight and one made their way near my ear. They went too far.
"Enough!" I didn't want to shout at them, but there was no other way to draw their attention to me.
Maknaes looked at me with fear in their eyes. A pillow fell out of Minhwan's hand.
"Either you calm down or no PS for next 2 weeks and Minhwan will be sleeping in Jaejin's room! Jonghun needs silence and peace, understand?!"
I didn't know which of my threats was more effective, but they immediately ran into each other's arms and began to apologize.
"Minnie, I'm so sorry I ate your chicken."
"It's just chicken."
Jaejin rolled his eyes and smiled at me. It seemd that the maknaes would behave from that on. it wasn't that late yes, so they sat together on the armchair, Minhwan on Seunghyun's lap, and started whatchin TV. Jaejin didn't have nothing else to so, so he stayed with them and I made my way back to Jonghun.
 
I stopped for a moment at the door. Jonghun didn't notice my appearance, so for a moment I could easly observe him Elyssa's head. Traitor. She always preferred him. But at that moment I didn't really mind, they looked kinda cute together. I was watching them with a smile, lost in my own thoughts. I was thinking about that day and about things that happend in last hours. I was shocked how much I was worried about Jonghun. Yes, he is my best friend, but I'm not normally like that. Usually, I was demanding attention from everyone, I wanted to be in the spotlight and I was always defending maknaes from our leader. And today? I shout at them and even threatened! What happend to me?
 
"Oh, Hongki, you're back" Jonghun said weakly.
He was still so pale.
"You should feed her" he added.
"And you should get some sleep" I made my way to his bed and sat on the floor, next to my dog. "I'll feed her when you fall asleep."
He smiled gently. In response, my heartbeat quickened a little. Jonghun has a beautiful smile. I was always a little jealous of our fans to whom that smile was usually directed. But that time he was smiling at me, there was no one else in the room except me and Elyssa. There was no mistake and that realization made me blush. Am I falling for my best friend?
"Could you sing something for me? As a lullaby?" he asked.
I nodded and started wondering what would be the most suitable. Jonghun was looking at me, waiting patiently. So I started...
 
Cheonsareul dalmaseo nuni bushin geongabwa
Keureumel geonlideut sabbungeoryeo...
 
When I reached the end of the song, Jonghun was asleep. I stared at him for a while. He looked so calm. When I was singing I realized one very important thing. He really was more than just a friend for me. He was like that angel from my song... I... I think I fall for him... But would he return my feelings?
 
I got up from the floor. I would be worring about that in the morning. I shoul feed Elyssa. But before I left the room I gently kissed him on the forehead. He was sleeping, so he wouldn't remember anything. For this reason I dared to whisper:
"Saranghae Jonghun..."
What was my surprise when he suddenly hug me and I heard "I love you too."
 
 
A/N
So it ended here... I hope you enjoy my short story. And I'm sorry it took me so long to end it.
 
The lyrics are from FT Island's song The Angel and the Woodman. If you don't know it, you can listen it  here.