Chapter 3

Someday: Hunhan's Story

Waking up this morning was a bit of a hastle. I have been have problems with STAT lately. I don’t know if it is because I haven’t been thinking properly lately, or if it is just because I really don’t know what I am doing.

My mother called me last night and told me that she isn’t sending me money anymore. In her words ‘you have to grow up. Big boys make their own money’. you. I have so many things hat prevent me from doing what she wants. I am in class all day, doing community service, studying to keep my rank, and last but not least, desperately trying to get Sehun to fall for me. Where in there can I find time to have a job. Howeve,r she had her way of getting me to do what she wanted. By threatening her son and telling the child that he would not be able to attend school in Korea after the first semester. Job applications, here I come.

I didn’t leave the library until 3:45 this morning. I didn’t even pay attention to Sehun, the boy who always sat two tables down from me. His cute friend, Jessica, watching me didn’t get me to take my eyes away from the large book staring me in my face: 

 

10870_Problems%20based%20on%20conditiona

 

By the time it his 3:27am, I decided that I was not going to solve the ridiculous problem and finally decided to go home.

The next morning, I woke up almost a half hour late, which meant I was about 20 minutes late to first period. I had time to do nothing except brush my teeth, wash my face and put my uniform on. When I looked in the mirror I left, I noticed something that happened rarely. I looked terrible. The bags under my eyes drooped down to my lips and I was terribly pale. Never again will I spend all night in the library. At least not on a weekday.

I walked to class, seeing how I was already late. There was still 40 minutes late, so it’s not like I would need to rush. When I finally got to the classroom and opened the door. All eyes were on me.

“Omo, Luhan. What happened to you?” Mrs. Ahn asked after  bowed to her.

“I was in the library all night. Is it alright to stay after class for a little help?” I asked politely before she smiled and continued what she was teaching. I just walked to my desk. I didn’t even look at Sehun. I knew I looked like a monster.

Class ended on time and I walked up to Mrs. Ahn’s desk while everyone made their way out of the classroom.

“I'm really sorry I was so late.” I bowed again.

“I understand, You are always here before everyone else and are never late. There had to have been a completely liable reason for you to have been that late. What time did you leave the library?” she smiled.

“Around 3:30. I was trying to figure out problem 52. But I have been having problems with this lately” I pouted. It probably wasn’t as cute because of how hideous I looked, but my thought backfired when she giggled.

“You are so adorable. Don’t worry. Only one person in the class did that problem, and actually got it right. After all of your classes. Just come back here. Ill be able to help you out, ok dear?”

“Ne, Kamsahamnida Mrs. Ahn.”

Well, just another 4 hours until something different in my day happenes. Something to look forward to. I made my way to the next class. Music. I loved mysic. I wasn’t in just basic music wher you learn how to play the tambourine and what music notes are, however, we actually compose songs and things like that. Now, we are breaking down the notes to CNBlue’s song Feeling. I am singing. It’s a little difficult because the whole song is in English, but I think I can pull it off.

When I walked into the classroom after lunch, I greeted all 5 of the others who were sitting and waiting. There were only 10 people in the class, including myself.

“Oh, Luhan. You weren’t here yesterday. What happened?” My adorable friend Minhyuk asked. Yesterday. What was yesterday? Oh, damn. I thought I had a free period yesterday. It was actually tomorrow.

“Sorry, guys. I got schedule messed up. I though it was my free period.”

“Don’t worry about it. By the way, you look terrible.” Hyunshik confirmed before I punched him hard in his arm.

“I'm not blind. I had a late night.” I muttered before sitting down and getting started.

 


 

While I was on my way to my class after lunch, I was stopped by Mrs. Ahn.

“Oh Sehun.” The lady giggled.

“That never gets old.” I laughed at her cheesiness. She was hot. Whatever she did, I thought it was the iest thing on earth. Even her corny puns. ‘Oh, Sehun.” My name is  “Oh Sehun.” Yeah.

“Are you busy after classes today. I need to ask a favor of you.”

“Nope, anything for you Mrs. Ahn.”

“Great, come to my class at the end of the day then.” She ruffled my hair and continued down the hallway. Her hips swayed as swiftly as the waves at sunset. Who wouldn’t be as excited as I am when it seemed like the most wanted teacher in the school was requesting some alone time with me.

 

I was in Mrs. Ahn’s classroom before the bell for the last class rang  it seemed like. She was sitting at her desk, correcting papers with her reading glasses sat the tip of her nose. This is exactly what happens in videos. You don’t know how excited I am.

“You’re here. Come on over.” I walked to her desk and she put her papers down smiling. Then after a few seconds, the classroom door opened and in came someone I wasn’t expecting to see. Xiao Luhan.

“Luhan, great timing. You can come here too.”

I noticed how hesitantly he walked over. He was as slow as molasses. He was surprisingly silent and that happy smile that is usually on his face was nowhere to be found.

“Sehun, Luhan has been having problems with this chapter. Is it alright if you can help him?” the older woman questioned me.

The look on my face was probably rude. I could tell by how noth people in the room looked at me.

“Isnt he the second ranked student in the school. Why would he need my help?” I tried to ask as politely as I could.

“Its fine Mrs. Ahn. I only had two questions. Its enough for you to answer in 5 minutes right now. I don’t want to make Sehun feel obligated or anything. He is obviously uncomfortable, which is 100% understandable.” The Chinese boy smiled slightly.

Wait. No, wait. I don’t want him to think I am a homophobe or anything. He is an extremely cool person. I have no problem with him.

“No, that’s not what I meant. I just….. I never would have thought that you needed help.” I replied. Aishh, it still came out wrong.

“Its alright. Ill just ask one of the tutors.” Luhan replied before turning to walk away.

“Luhan, You are one of the tutors.” Mrs. Ahn reconfirmed for him. The dumbfounded look on his face made me giggle a little. How could he forget that.

“Sehun, its just a few problems. And you are the only one in the class who got it right, so just help him. Its not like I'm asking you to tutor him. Its only a few problems.” That is true. I wouldn’t be stuck with him forever, again, not that anything is wrong with him. I sound like the meanest person in the world.

“Of course. Ill meet you in the library tonight. I usually get there around 7.” I smiled before bowing to both my seniors and walking out of the classroom. He is just a normal person, there is absolutely nothing wrong with him.