Flashbacks.

Trained To Kill.

I ran under the bed as fast as I could when I heard the running of shoes coming up the stairs. My eyes welled up of tears and I covered my mouth. A group of guys burst through the door of my room and searched the place. “I thought you said you heard something up here!” one of them yelled. “I thought I did hyung!” They continued the search, digging through my drawers and dresser. I breathed heavily but quietly. I saw a pair of shoes stand in front of my eyes, and he just stood there. “aishh. We really don’t need any witnesses to this!” he yelled again. He backed up and leaned against my drawers. He sighed while dropping the gun to his sides. I closed my eyes and tried as hard not to cry loudly. “Whatever lets just go if nothing is here.” he sighed, “its boring if we just wait here for nothing to appear.”
“Its especially dangerous if we wait here while the cops come also.” another deep said.
“Yes. You see my point. So lets just go.” I opened my eyes and watched all them stride out of my room. I laid there still and stiff as if they all were still in the room. After what felt like hours I decided to crawl out of my room, as I got up my legs were like rubber and I couldn’t stand. Crawling over to the staircase I peaked over to see my parents dead on the carpet. I covered my mouth and held onto the wall for support while I balled my eyes out. “OMMA! APPA!” I heaved.

Moments later I heard sirens in the far distance, I jumped up and grabbed a hoodie and hat. All I needed was to be questioned for something I didn’t even know about. And then get sent to live with family members I don’t even like. Putting both the hoodie and the hat on I dashed out of the house through the back door and jumped over the rock wall.

“Hello?!” I saw hands waving in my face. “Are you alive?” I snapped out of my flashback and looked up to see Jia laughing at me. “Youre such a dreamer.” she said while sitting next to me. “It happens.” I laughed. “So how are you enjoying being here in gangland?”
“Is that what you call it here?”
“Well I mean you learn how to fight over here, but theres a lot of gangs here too.”
“Oh well, its fine then.” I laughed nervously.
“That’s good.” Jia nodded. “Arent you excited to be leveling up?!” she shouted while hitting my arm.
“Leaving where?”
“Youre really stupid today.” she said while ruffling her hair, “Youre moving up to where the great fighters are! Im there too!”
“Great.” I said lifelessly. “Just another place where I have to fend myself from violent people.”
“Over all the excitement of fighting already are we?” she said.
“ All of this fighting cost my arm, collarbone, shoulder, and jaw! When I think of it when I go up there I might as well just be dead.”
“Yah! You cant think like that. Youll do just fine, plus you have me and my crew. And then all of the other oppas.” Jia stood up and kicked my leg, “now its time to pack. Kaja.” she said skipping off to my room.