Final

The Sweet Escape

Just so you know, this story focus on Yoona's perspective. 

That's it I guess... 

On with the story!


 

“Hey, what are you doing now?” I exhaled, scratching the back of my head in complete nervousness. On the other side of the phone, I could hear him sighed, “The usual. I couldn't beat that dumb Kkamjong in the same game for the last an hour in a half.” He chuckled, “I can’t believe I wasted that much time. Imagine the things I could do to fill that time if I didn’t ask for several rematches.”

I scoffed lightly, “Yea, Lu. You could finish that one assignment you kept on procrastinating for days,” I knew how he would react to these sort of situations but I won’t lie to the fact that I enjoyed a part of it. And I was right, he grunted.

I tried to hide my unconscious grin but I remembered that he couldn’t see me. Even though I desperately wanted to. To see his soft features, to feel his warm and welcoming embrace. I just need him now.

“Yoonie~ why would you bring that up?” he whined. Oh how I wanted to see his reaction. I desperately wanted to be by his side right now. “But I was thinking that I could have spent that an hour in a half with you,”

I giggled softly and he chuckled, “I knew you would do that. Can’t handle the Luhan magic, huh? I thought you would be immune to it by now, but, thank God, you haven’t.”

My lord, this boy would be the death of me. “Oh shut up, you couldn’t handle my charms either,” I challenged.

He snorted cockily, “Unlike you my darling, I am not in denial.”

I rolled my eyes jokingly but my smile faded when Luhan asked, “Yoon, what’s up?”

I breathed, debating mentally if I should tell him the truth or keep it from him. “Yoona. Please tell me. Your silence is killing me.” His voice was serious, yet I could sense that he was worried. I hate that. I hate making other people worry over me, but a part of me was telling me that it was because they care. He cared.

“The usual.” I said vaguely. I dropped my shoulders down as I slid down the wall behind me. I could feel the end of shirt hitched upward due to the friction against the wall as I wrapped my shaky arms around my knees.

“How long?” he asked.

“Yoona, how long have they been-” Luhan asked again when I didn’t reply to his previous question.

A sigh left my lips as I mumbled, “All night long,”

He stayed quiet for a long time that I thought he was getting tired of handling a troubled girl. Tired of hearing the same problem for a lot of time. The thought of being alone scared me. I didn’t realize that I was crying when I started to sob.

“That is enough. I’m not letting you stay and go through this again. Enough is enough.” Luhan said, sternly. “Don’t you dare cry anymore. Baby, they are not worth your tears.” That last sentence, I could sense that his tone changed, from serious and stern to soft and calming. It made me feel safe and protected. Even though he wasn’t with me physically. “Baby, look out your window.”

Window? What? Oh is he here?

I immediately rushed to the balcony, yanking the door after I unlocked it and lean on the railing. I couldn’t believe it. Luhan was there. He was standing there, smiling widely with his phone against his left ear, “Come down,” he said to through the phone, “I’ll be by the door, I’ll kick the door down if they dare to hurt you. Plus I have Tao and Xiumin with me as back-up.” He grinned.

“Lu, what are you doing?” I asked mindlessly, I understood that he was in my uncle’s property. I knew that he was talking to me, via cell phone. But what was I supposed to do then?

“What else? I’m getting you far away from this hellhole.” Luhan replied casually.

“But Luhan, I’m not even 18 yet. I can’t. I’m under the care of my uncle and aunt.” I answered back sadly. No matter how much I wanted to leave. I couldn’t, mainly because of my age. It was too bad I’m not legal to live on my own yet.

“Okay then, its okay. I don’t mind waiting.” He shrugged a shoulder, still smiling like an idiot. “Are you serious?” I shot at my boyfriend.

He sat down crossed-legged on the grassy lawn and palmed his hand onto the grass, not breaking his gaze with mine. “Yea, why not?”

“So, you are gonna wait there, until my birthday comes,” I asked him, he nodded from below.

“Are you out of your mind?” I whispered violently through the phone, he looked around, tilting his head from side to side when finally he shook his head. There must have been something wrong with this boy. I couldn’t help smiling along with him. His simple gesture was heart-warming and sweet. My Luhan.

“Seriously Luhan. You are gonna get an earful from my uncle. Please. Don’t do this.” I begged. The last thing I wanted was to see Luhan getting hurt because me. Knowing my uncle, he would beat him to no end. Of course, Luhan would fight back but I couldn’t handle seeing him injured.

“Yoon, don’t worry. I promise one day to take you away. And here is my chance.” He casually told me, now he is lying down onto the soft grass. How I wanted to lie down next to him. It would be a whole lot better than lying on my cold bed in this house of terror.

“Luhan, I swear. If you don’t leave this instant, I will not–”

“You worry too much.” Luhan got up from his position and hung up the phone. He threw a peace sign before walking away.

What is this boy up to?

Suddenly he came back and shout, “Owh, and happy 18th birthday, Yoona Deer.” He showed me his killer smile that showed his white teeth and once again disappeared from my view.

18th birthday? Oh my god.

I checked the time on my phone, and it was midnight. It’s midnight. It’s 30th May!

I’m finally 18! I can finally escape.

“What is the meaning of this?!”

Oh no, that was uncle. What did he do? Oh please, spare him. I quickly packed my clothes into my backpack and all of the other necessary things, stuffed them all in my bag before sliding the bag strap over my shoulder.

I rushed my way downstairs where I found Luhan standing in front of my uncle suddenly pointing at me, “Her. I want her. She’s coming with me.”

There was no hint of softness or gentleness in his face, that scene was so new to me. I wasn’t used to this Luhan.

“What? Her? Why would you want her? She’s useless; she deserves to live alone where no one knows her existence. She is a complete bitc-” before uncle could finish his sentence; Luhan swung his fist upon uncle’s cheek.

“She can decide on her own now. And she decided to leave with me.” Luhan snarled. He let out his hand to me and without a second thought I reached for them, only to get slapped in the face by my aunt.

“You ungrateful !” she yelled. The pain on my cheek stung but soon after she pulled my hair, that’s when Luhan react; he grabbed her wrinkled wrist and in an instant she trembled in his deadly grip.

“Let.her.go.now.” Luhan said slowly but no doubt my aunt was frightened. “Take her then, she’ll bring misfortune to you anyway.” She trembled.

I didn’t know if I should feel happy or sad. I was a minute away from complete freedom but her words were like venom to my body. After all, she was still considered as family.

“Gladly,” he grabbed my hand and pulled me gently towards the door. He halted his pace to turn around, “You two are lucky that I didn’t call my two friends who are outside right now to finish you pathetic lowlifes. And she is not useless, she means the whole world to me and one day she will be my wife. I better not hear you badmouthing her ever again.” He growled, and with that we walked out of the house. We ran to his motorcycle where Xiumin and Tao were leaning against their own respective rides.

“Hello pretty lady,” Tao greeted me; I smiled back before turning to Xiumin who said, “Happy Birthday, birthday girl.”

I giggled, “Thank you.”

Tao took my bag pack, sliding them on before speeding off with Xiumin. Luhan handed me a helmet and instructed me to put it on as he put on his. “Luhan,” I stopped him.

He looked at me with soft gaze, and I realized right then. This man saved me in the most meaningful way possible. I couldn’t be luckier. I grinned in absolute delight, throwing my arms around his neck and leaning in. “Thank you, Luhan. You are definitely amazing.” I whispered against his lips before closing our gap. I could feel him frozen in his spot but soon after he loosened up and circled his arm around my waist while his other hand touched my cheek.

Definitely, the best birthday gift anyone could’ve given me.

I love you, Xi Luhan. You gave me the sweetest escape I wanted for so long.

 


Thank you. That's about it. 

This is just a oneshot. A little something that I came up with when I was studying. Hahaha, I know unexpected time to get a story plot.

Hope you guys like it! <3

Owh, and be on the look out for my next Luyoon story...

I'm not done with it yet, it's still raw so please be patient. And I'll be writing with a friend of mine in and out of aff

You'll meet her soon, hehehe :D

Love Saph <3