When b2uty meets b2st

Am I Be Able to Reach the Top?

 

HyunA’s POV

 

It was lunch time. I hang out with SooJung, Hyorin and Jiyeon at the studio as usual, but SooJung didn’t come yet. Usually we would finish our lunch first and then start practicing, but today I didn’t even have the time to think of food. All I have been thinking was the dance steps. As soon as we arrived at the studio, we started warming up and practiced. But Jiyeon was just sitting there texting Joon, which kind of got on my nerves.

 

HyunA: Yah! Park Jiyeon! Can you stop texting Joon and start practicing!? We don’t have much time.

Jiyeon: It’s lunch right now.. I will practice after I eat. *still texting*

Hyorin: HyunA, let’s just leave her. She can’t focus without food.

HyunA: ARGH!!

Jiyeon: Joon bought me food!! I’m gonna go find him~ be right back *smiles and leave*

 

This really pissed me off. We only had 5 hours left until tonight’s competition. We had to make our performance perfect in order to win.

 

Jiyeon left the studio for about 2 minutes but ran back excitedly.

 

Jiyeon: OMG!! LOOK WHO’S HERE!!

HyunA: Who else? It’s just SooJung. *turns to face the door*

Hyorin: *looking at Jiyeon* Oh my~~ isn’t that....?

HyunA: …................................................

 

I was frozen for a few seconds. I thought it was just SooJung. But.......it was her, my childhood friend, Yoo Hyejin. She was my friend at elemenary school. One day she came up to me and asked me to become her dance team member. I was happy about it because I had a hard time finding friends with the same interest, and that was how we became best friends. Hyejin and I were the top dancers among the team, as well as other dancers of our age back then. I was sure I was as good as Hyejin, but she was always the one that got all the attentions. People always said Hyejin was the top and I was the second. From that point, I secretly considered Hyejin as my rival. So I started to work really hard on my dancing skills. When she said she had to leave to Canada, at one moment I was happy about it because I would be the top if she left. After a year she left, I regretted what I had thought of. I felt really bad saying if she left I would be the top. It was true I became one of the top dancers but without her, it wasn’t as fun as before. Now she’s back. I was speechless when I saw her. This happened so sudden I didn’t know how to react to it.

 

Hyorin: Yoo Hyejin?

Hyejin: Hi HyunA, Hyorin~ 오랜만에(oh-rae-maan-nae)?

Hyorin: ahh hahahaha~~ *runs toward Hyejin and hugs her* I miss you!!! Why didn’t you tell us you’re coming back?

Hyejin: I wanted to give you guys a surprise.

 

I snapped out of my lost thought by Hyorin’s laugh, and walked toward and gave Hyejin a hug. They continued talking. Just by looking at this moment, all the fun memories came back to me. I was really glad to see her again.

****************************************************************************************************************************************

Hyejin’s POV

 

*at the studio*

We were all laughing at Jiyeon’s cute action. This is what I missed the most: laughing with each other, and dancing with each other.

 

Hyejin: Haha. Thank you for letting me come back to dance with you guys. I was scared that you wouldn’t let me come back.

Hyorin: We would always save a spot for you. We are 5 in 1 remember? and you were the one who form the team. You are our leader.

Hyejin: awww~~ thank you guys.

HyunA: Ya we always welcome you. Okay enough with the talk, *turns to Hyorin and Jiyeon* we should continue practicing.

Hyorin + Jiyeon: Okay....

 

*music*~~*music*

uh uh uh uh uh uh uh uh uh uh change

uh uh uh uh uh uh uh uh uh uh change

uh uh uh uh uh uh uh uh uh uh change

uh uh uh uh uh uh change change change change change

 

Hyejin: *whisper to SooJung* What are they practicing for?

SooJung:*whisper back* now we don’t just only go to the studio we used to go. We also go to night clubs.

Hyejin: OoO night club!!??

SooJung: I knew you would have such reaction. XD  No, it’s an underground dance club. Sometimes we go there to practice if we couldn’t get the studio booked. There are many talented musicians. Every night they have different genre of dance battles, rap battles, and etc. We could learn and gain experience from there. Now HyunA is practicing for tonight’s competition.

Hyejin: ahh I see~~ *turns and looks at HyunA* I can tell you guys have worked so hard to get to this point.

SooJung: Yup we put our lives on it.

 

Hyuna was one of the best dancers alongside with me back then. We were best friends but I secretly considered her as my rival. We were the top dancers in our team, and we were the one who in charge of the choreography all the time. She had short temper, and that kind of got us into arguments all the time when we don’t agree with each other. Now seeing her practicing, I can see her put a lot of effort in her dancing skills. I guess I have to keep it up, or else it is impossible to achieve my goal.

 

*lunch ends*

************************************************************************************************************************************

*Back to class 2-1*

 

After lunch, we had theory class.

 

Yoseob: Hi~ how was lunch?

Hyejin: I had a great time seeing my childhood friends. How about practice?

Yoseob: *sigh* it was tiring. I’m gonna take a nap. Please look out for me. =P

Hyejin: Haha okay.  ;)

 

Theory class was boring. Even though I love music, I don’t enjoy theory at all. But when I glanced at Yoseob’s sleeping face, I couldn’t help myself but to put a smile on my face.

****************************************************************************************************************************************

*After school*

*Bell rings*

 

Soojung: Hyejin ah, lets go! We have to meet the girls at the front gate.

Hyejin: okay. I’m coming! *turns to Yoseob* Bye~Yoseob.

Yoseob: Bye~ See you tomorrow.

Dongwoon: Hyejin~~~ Where’s my good bye??*whining*

Hyejin: Haha Bye Dongwoon~ Bye Kikwang~

Kikwang: Bye my cutie!

*Dongwoon wave good bye*

 

*at the school front gate*

HyunA: you girls are late!!

Soojung: It’s only 2 minutes late. Jiyeon and Hyorin are not here yet.

HyunA: They both went ahead to get food because they’re hungry. Then they will head to the club.

Hyejin: You two stop arguing. Lets just go, I’m hungry too.

*Soojung and HyunA looked at each other and laughed*

 

*****************************************************************************************************************************************

 

*At Cube Studio*

 

*music*~~*music*

I can't take my breath breath breath

시간이 갈수록 점점 지나갈수록 oh 난 더

I can't hold my breath breath breath

갈수록 나는 더 자꾸만 내 숨이 막혀 와 내 숨이 yeah

breath in breath out ha ha

breath in breath out ha ha

breath in breath out ha ha

breath in breath out ha ha


Dongwoon: Hyung, shall we take a break? I think we are good enough for the competition tonight.
Junhyung: Good enough is not enough. We have to be outstanding. We need to reach to the top.
Doojun: Junhyung, just take a break. Or else they would be too exhausted to dance tonight.
Junhyung: Okay fine. 5 minutes break. Then we will do a final rehersal before heading to the club.
Other members: Okay! Lets go!

****************************************************************************************************************************************
*At Starry Night Club*

Hyejin: Wow! This is so cool~ this is my first time being in a night club.
Soojung: Ha cool eh?  But this club is not like other night clubs. This is especially for musician and dancers. Here holds different competitions every night.
HyunA: Stop chatting. We should get ready. *head to backstage*

I can tell HyunA is really serious about this competition. after about 10 minutes, the competition started.

DJ: Ladies and gentlemen! Welcome to our dance battle tonight. Let’s all enjoy this wonderful night!

The show started. It was amazing to see so many people with the same interests, and the performance were awesome.

DJ: Thanks you~ Following up is  the B2uty!! Let’s welcome our beautiful girls, HyunA, SooJung, Hyorin, and Jiyeon!!!
*cheers and applaud* *music starts*

I was shocked by their performance. It was totally different from the practice. I can feel their confidence on stage. It just made me want to get on stage and dance again.

*music ends*
DJ: Oh wow that was fantastic girls! Now, last but not least, our final team~~~ B2ST!!!

*cheers and applaud* *music starts*

I couldn’t believe what I just saw. Those six guys on stage, was the one I met at Cube Studio back then. Their choreography was just perfect. I couldn’t see any flaws. And I just can’t help but to focus on Yoseob. He was so different from his usual cutie look. He looked charisma and I was amazed of his “I danaaaaaaaaa” part.

*music ends* *cheers and applaud*

DJ: Wohoo!! Did you enjoy all of the performance!?
The Crowd: YES!!
DJ: Awsome!! Thank you all of the performing teams. Now it is time for the result of our dance battle. And the winner is.............................* drum roll~~~*
Hyejin: *bumph bumph~ bumph bumph* (heart beat sound)
DJ: B2ST!!!!!!!!!!!!! Congratulations!!!!!!!!
*The crowd cheers and applaud*
Hyejin: *sigh* it was so close for us to win. But B2ST was truely the winner.

 

*HyunA, SooJung, Hyorin, Jiyeon came back down from the stage*
Hyorin: I thought we would have won.
Hyejin: You guys were good too.
HyunA: Apparently not good enough.
SooJung: We will do better next time.
Jiyeon: I’m hungry!!
* We all laughed*

Suddenly someone tap on my shoulder. I turned around, and it was Yoseob.

Yoseob: Yo~
Hyejin: Oh hi~ Congratulations!!
Yoseob: Haha thanks. I was surprised when I saw you down there from the stage.
Hyejin: You saw me!!?? I thought it would be too dark to see.
Yoseob: Because you stand out the most from the crowd. *he gives his cutest smile*
Hyejin: *blushing* haha.. you were awesome with your dance and that long note.
Yoseob: *blushing* Thanks.

Then I suddenly have a feeling of people staring, and realized b2uty and b2st are all staring and Yoseob and I.

Hyejin: Why are you guys keep staring at us?
Hyorin + Dongwoon: Because we see Lovey dovey time~~ XP
Yoseob + Hyejin: No we were not!!

Somehow my eyes met with Junhyung, but he just rolled he eyes and started to talk with Doojun. *Does he hates me that much?*

Hyunseung: HyunA, you were awesome with your choreography.
HyunA: Thanks. Yours too. Apparently we weren’t good enough comparing to yours.
Hyunseung: Don’t say that. I’m sure working hard helps. This is how B2ST came to this point.
HyunA: * smiles* of course.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~///////////////////////////////////////////////////////~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
It was a fun night at Starry Night Club. I haven’t been enjoying music like this for a long time. I should start practicing like B2ST too in order to reach my goal.
======================================================================================
Author’s Message:
Hello. I haven’t been writing for almost a year, or even longer. I have been busy with college and haven’t been able to come here often and update my story. Feel free to  comment. I would love to read comments/thoughts from readers. It helps me al ot to improve. Thank you so much and enjoy!! =)