c h a p t e r t w o ;

Loving You From Busan and Back

Chapter Two : Cheesecake & Talents

It was a joke. I guess your already falling for me." 

Minyoung scoffed. "Are you that confident about your looks?" she asked as she stuck a piece of ddeokbokki inside . "Um, yeah. There's a reason why I'm called 'Busan Wonbin' smart one." Daehyun sharply said back. "Ahem, apparently you aren't that smart either because I've only been here for not even a day." Minyoung stifled her laugh with another piece ddeokbokki. "Just kidding. By the way, I like the dialect here. The sound of it reminds me of- never mind." Minyoung chuckled while Daehyun stared at her like she was crazy. "Hurry and eat. My mom will be worried if we don't get home soon. We still have like three and a half more miles to walk. And at this rate, me walking with you would be like walking with a snail." Daehyun told Minyoung. "Ah! I should call you snail now. Ha, I like my creativity." Daehyun looked at Minyoung stuffing with ddeokbokki and gulping down water. 
"Don't you know how to eat like a girl?" he asked her as she stuffed with more ddeokbokki. Minyoung looked at Daehyun cluelessly. "So what? I'm not your girlfriend. Nor did I fall for you-" "Yet." Minyoung slightly slammed her chopsticks on the table. "Very cute." she said as she drank her water. "I'm finished." she stood up and looked down at Daehyun who was shooting puppy eyes at her for no reason. Oh god, he's too adorable.. Minyoung thought. "What?" she asked pushing back her cardigan sleeves. 
"Oh, so now you want to fight me huh?" Daehyun asked cracking a joke. Minyoung smiled at his statement but then she got back to business. "What are you waiting for? Let's go." she said. 
"Dessert. They serve dessert here too." Daehyun put his down to hide his smile. "My favorite one too." Daehyun couldn't help to smile bigger. 
"Why are you smiling like an idiot? Are you a village idiot?" Minyoung asked. 
"Because. Sit down, sit down." Minyoung sat down back on her cushion. "Dessert is coming." he pointed to the ahjumma that was coming near their table holding two plates. "There it is! There it is!" Daehyun yelled out of excitement. Minyoung turn her head to see what was the ahjumma bringing. Minyoung chuckled because of Daehyun's childish taste buds. 
"Thank you ahjumma! Thank you very much!" Daehyun cried as he grabbed his fork. "You're so childish. I swear your attitude towards the cheesecake is more sweeter then your attitude towards me." Minyoung says jokingly as she stared at the plate in front of her. She took a bite of the strawberry cheesecake. "I'm too full. Besides, I don't like the flavor." she said pushing her plate out of her sight. Daehyun glared at her and grabbed her plate. "I'll eat it then." he said with a grouchy voice. 
 
After about thirty minutes or so, Daehyun finished both his cheesecake and Minyoung's. And so, they're walking home now...
 
"How can you not like cheesecake?! That's the yummiest thing ever! On this planet even! Are you sick? Are you mentally ill?" Daehyun kept spitting out questions like he was rapping like Busta Rhymes. Minyoung shook her head furiously. "I'm not going to argue about cheesecake Daehyun." she kept saying but Daehyun blocked her words with his questions. "Daehyun, I'm not going to argue about this. Seriously." she said again trying to be serious, but she couldn't because Daehyun's childish was adorable. 
"If you don't like cheesecake, then you don't like me." Daehyun told Minyoung acting gloomy when he wasn't. Minyoung laughed. "Well that's a good thing then. I don't like you, and coincidently I don't like cheesecake." she says as she nudged Daehyun a bit. But she never said she didn't like cheesecake. She just said she didn't want to eat it. But she didn't like Daehyun either. 
Daehyun scoffed. "Well then, since you don't like cheesecake. Then- then I won't like you either!" he said losing his confidence. Minyoung smiled feeling like she was his Noona. Then she realized that so quickly they've already dropped formalities so quickly. "Yeah sure. But just a moment ago you were so confident that you'll make me fall for you. Now weren't you?" Minyoung said finding her confidence. And so did Daehyun. "What? No. I wasn't going to make you fall for me. Your going to fall for me by yourself. And you won't even notice it." Daehyun said snapping at his last sentence like he was some genius. Minyoung decided to ignore the fact that he said she won't even notice it. Because it is her feelings. Not his, so he can't tell her how she could and couldn't notice that she fell for him. 
"Well, anyways.. Your mom said your school is known for having talented kids if I'm not mistaken." Minyoung asked out of the blue. Daehyun nodded and asked, "Why?" 
"Well, you see I want to know what your talent is." she asked as they both started walking slower. She didn't know how far they had until they got back home. Also her legs were tired. But she just wanted someone to talk to while it lasted. "Hmm, well I have many talents. Make girls fall for me, cook-" "I'm talking about real talents." Minyoung interrupted. Daehyun nodded. "Well, let's see. I can dance and sing. If that's good enough for you." Minyoung looked astonished. This boy can sing and dance?
"Fine, sing to me than." Minyoung said abruptly. Daehyun shook his head. "No, cause if I start singing you might fall even harder." Daehyun smirked. Although it was dark Minyoung saw his smirk. "Whatever." she said and started to walk faster.