p r o l o g u e ;

Loving You From Busan and Back

Seoul, South Korea 2010

Mrs.Ahn paced back in forth inside the crammed office space. "I know my daughter won't do anything like this. Are you sure? She doesn't even know about her father's business." Mrs.Ahn said quietly as she gave up. Mrs.Ahn hung her head low. "But she wouldn't.."
 
"Aish! That little wench! How does she even know what my dad does in the first place?! How would it be me if I was still doing my exams the whole day- aish let go of me!" Minyoung screeched as she jerked her arm out of the behavior deans hands. She retaliated when she saw her mother. "Oh, umma.. Hah," Minyoung waved with a light smile spread across her face like butter on toast. She quickly ran up to her mom pulling her down onto the couch. Soon Minyoung and her mom were both sitting on the couch. "Umma, you believe me right? You do, don't you? You know I didn't." she pleaded with a puppy face. Minyoung didn't care about shame or pity at this moment. She just wanted one person, one person to believe her. Was that too much to ask? 
"Yes, I do. But there's too many people saying that they've seen you deal cigarettes to the kids." Mrs.Ahn said gripping tightly on her daughters hand like it was a choice of life or death. And if they choose the wrong one, her whole family wouldn't be able to live peacefully no more. In a matter of fact, they would be in a living hell filled with shame. But no, that won't happen. As soon as Minyoung gets expelled from the school, then they will be safe. 
 
Minyoung and her mom waited patiently waiting for the witness of this crime. Jeon Daein. That horrible wench, that's what Minyoung thought of her. After all their years of friendship, Daein threw Minyoung down the drain so easily. From the second grade up till now, now is where they draw the finish line for their friendship. Now Daein wants to play the game like this. Seeing who would cross the finish line first like there's a big prize at the end. 
"Jeon Daein, please take a seat here." one of the teachers asked as she pointed towards the seat in front of her desk. "Ye-yes." Daein said cautiously as she stole glances at Minyoung and Mrs.Ahn. 
"Please tell me what you saw in the court yard. Even if 0.01% of what you said is a lie, then that means that the other 99.99% is also a lie. So please be truthful at all times." the teacher reminded Daein. "Go on now."
 
How can they expect that wench to be a witness? She's a little that around. Minyoung thought. 
 
"U-um well, you see.." Daein told her explanation about her "witnessing" when she was the one to actually do all this illegal stuff. And so, Daein continued on with this novel of hers where she's the one to play innocent, which is a bit surprising. "..And I kept yelling at her telling her that if she continues this up then she'll get caught-" that's when the teacher stopped her. "So that means that you've known about her doing since the start then? You obviously stated that she'll get caught. Which means she was doing it out in the open, which isn't usual is it?" the teacher asked with a stiff grin. "Now tell me the part where something went a bit funny in this story of yours. The part where you lied." that's when Minyoung snapped. "She lied about everything! It wasn't my doing! I swear. It was her! Jeon Daein." Minyoung stated firmly. "She stole stacks and stacks of cigarettes from my dad when she slept over at my house the other day! And she sold cigarettes to all the sunbaes just to gain popularity!" "Honey stop." Mrs.Ahn pleaded tugging at her daughters wrist. 
 
Two Days Later
 
"Umma! Appa! You guys can't do this! What did I do wrong this time?! Aish," she fussed about ruffling her own hair. "I swear that it wasn't me! It was Daein! Appa! Why?! You're a big thug. Can't you just set up Daein?! She started all this anyways!" the younger girl pleaded as she got on her knees.
"Don't you dare use profanity in my house Ahn Minyoung! It's bad enough that wanting to become a thug runs in the genes! Listen to your dad! You can either go to Busan or Mokpo. It's your choice. If I were you I'd choose Busan. The people there that your father knows there are much more nicer then the people in Mokpo." her mother said sternly holding back her hand from slapping Minyoung. "Arraso?" 
"Pft- whatever. What's my relationship with them anyways?!" Minyoung said with a matter-of-factly voice. "Business partners. That's all." her dad replied back with both arms crossed. "So what? You guys are selling me now? Why would I steal your cigarettes? I could just get them from you-" "It's not like that darling, it's just that-"
"I'm going to Busan. I'll start packing. Whatever.." Minyoung said as she trudged herself up the stairs to her room.
 
A/N:
Updating this to express my excitement for the Coffee Shop teaser (Even if it is kinda late..)! Can't wait no more for the release date guys. Even though I think they need a rest.. Thanks for reading!