Our First Day as BitterSweet

Moonlight Sonata

Sorry if I took so long updating, curse this writer's block! Anyway here's the third chapter Enjoy!

 


Min Hee Young’s POV

It was our first day here in Korea, everyone was so friendly, and the place was breath-taking. We immediately went to the place where we were supposed to be meeting the president of DSP Media. When we arrived we saw a man wearing a pinstripe suit sitting behind the desk. I immediately assumed he was the president so we immediately bowed and greeted him. We all sat down and started the interview. We were asked many questions about songs we performed and what genres we preferred; we basically let Mee Yon answer those questions since she’s the leader. We were also asked if we used any stage names and we told him we just used our English names.

“They are well known in America so they decided to base their stage names by their English names. They just changed a few letters to make it different” our manager said

“My English name is Luciana and my stage name is Lokie” Mee Yon said

“As for me my English name is Elizabeth but I’m more known as Lizzie.” Choon Hee said

“I am known as Ginny but my English name Ginette.” Kyung Soon said

“They call me Andie but me real English name is Ariana.” Eun Kyung said

“And my name is Amethyst, but I am known Amy.” I said lastly.

The president nodded.

“Well I have to say, those were very impressive stage names. Alright you’ll be using them from now on and your fans will know you by that name.” He said

We all nodded. All through out we talked about our plans for the year, the manager was the one in charge of that since we still had no idea what we’ll be doing.

“We are planning to release an album that would portray cuteness within the group since that’s what we’re well known for in other countries.” Our manager said.

They continued to talk for almost 3 hours and when it was finally lunch time we all stood up and our manager shook hands with our president.

“We were planning to have dinner tonight so you could meet the other members but we still don’t know our venue, any suggestions?” the president said

“Well since it will be our first time meeting them, we would like to give them a good first impression so we would like to meet them in Samwon Garden, at around 7.” I said. “I’ll take care of the expenses.”

The president stood there with his mouth wide open.

“You know that that’s one of the most expensive restaurants here in Seoul. There’s no way you could afford it.” The president said

We all giggled including our manager.

“Well you see Mr. President Amy here is a daughter of one of the riches families in Japan so I think she could afford it.” Our manager said. His tone suggested we was bragging, thank God the president didn’t notice it.

The president nodded his head.

“You can expect us there at 7. In the mean time why don’t you girls rest for a while, I assume it was a long journey.” The president said.

We all bade farewell and proceeded to our summer house. My parents built houses all over the world so when they come to visit other countries they don’t have to stay in hotels. My mom allowed me to use it for the whole duration of our stay here in Seoul. Turned out it wasn’t a house; it was more like a mansion. There were 8 floors in total. The first three floors contained the bedrooms, 1st floor was for family use, 2nd was for business guests and 3rd was for guests.  The 4th and 5th floors were all recreational rooms, all rooms were filled with TV sets and all the newest game devices, computers with internet connection, there were even karaoke rooms. The 6th floors were occupied with music rooms. There were only 3 but most of the area was occupied with the theatre, it was where would hold performances and musicals. The 7th and 8th floor were all sports venues, my dad had them built basketball courts to indoor pools and baseball field, there was even a soccer field and an ice skating rink.

I showed them to their rooms and immediately gave them a tour of the house. Right after we finished Lizzie immediately went to the skating rink. Andie and Lokie practically ran to the indoor pool and Ginny decided she wanted to use the computers. So I went to the tennis court to practice. At exactly 4 I called them over so that we could prepare for our first meeting with the rest of DSP Media. I called them early since I know Lizzie takes almost 2 hours to get ready and we were nowhere near Samwon Garden. At exactly 6 we were all dressed and ready to go. We arrived there at exactly 7:00 we noticed that there were already cars parked around so I assumed that they were all here. When we entered the restaurant we were immediately greeted by the president.

“I would like to introduce to you all the newest member of our family BitterSweet!” the president said

“I’m the leader Sin Mee Yon.”  Lokie said

“I’m the high vocalist Ryu Choon Hee” Lizzie said

“I’m their low vocalist Cho Kyung Soon” Ginny stuttered

“I’m the lead rapper Sam Eun Kyung” Andie introduced

“And I’m their main vocalist Min Hee Young” I said

You were the one who photographed us while we were in Japan!” a guy with scarily fair skin said, he looked anaemic for some reason, so I assumed he’s from overseas.

I giggled “Wow you recognized me.”

“Shall we all take a seat and start dinner?” the president said

We all sat down and when our food arrived everyone started bombarding us with questions. Basically me and Ginny just sat there and let Lokie and Lizzie answer all the questions while Andie was eating everything that passed in front of her. I nearly dozing off when all of a sudden one KARA member asked us what our special talents were when all of a sudden a guy with the cute dimpled smile blurted out,

“Hee- Young-shii is a very good photographer, she was the one who shot us when we were in Japan and I also saw her other shots of Super Junior and Girls’ Generation.”

I blushed, I also heard our president laughed and the guy who said about me being a photographer turned around to face him.

“Well honey why don’t you show us what you can do.” Our president said while smiling.

I nodded, stood up and went for the direction of the piano, one of the reasons why I chose this place was because they had a piano that everyone can use. So I sat down tucked my hair behind my ears and started playing one of my favorite pieces, Moonlight Sonata. After the melody was finished I saw that everyone has their eyes closed which made me blush despite of myself. When I went to sit back on our table everyone greeted me with applause.

“Moonlight Sonata right?” the guy who said about me being a photographer asked

I nodded.

“What other pieces can you play?” he asked

“Lots more, but Moonlight Sonata is my favorite.” I replied

“Do you know how to play Fantasia in F Minor?”

I nodded stood up once again and started playing. After I played I was greeted again with applause. I smiled shyly, after we left I asked the manager who the group of boys were.

“They are known as ss501, they are very popular here as well as in Japan.” Our manager replied

Ss501 huh, I thought. I need to find out more about them, so as soon as I got back I went straight for the computer rooms and typed in the search engine ss501. I waited to see what it said hoping to see who the guy I was taking to was.

After a couple of hours a found out that ss501 was a boy band the debuted on June 8 2005, their name stands for super/sun/star singers united as one forever. Their members are Kim Hyun Joong, who is their leader, their lead vocalist Heo Young Saeng, who I recognized as the guy who asked me to play Fantasia in F minor, Kim Kyu Jong, their high vocal, Park Jung Min, their low vocal, and Kim Hyung Jun who was their lead rapper and I recognized as the guy who has scarily fair skin. I scanned through their achievements which included various award which included several Best New Artist Awards and Popularity Awards. I also browsed through their albums which included the popular theme song for the drama Boys over Flowers Because I’m Stupid. They all had different personalities, unlike other boy bands and that’s what makes them different. I spent my entire night checking out on all the different shows they appeared in, from documentaries to reality shows and even variety shows. I hadn’t notice how long I was on the computer until I saw my phone. It showed that the time was already 1:30. I immediately turned off the computer and went to bed thinking about our full schedule for tomorrow.

I woke up at 6:30 and everyone was still sleeping, which was no surprise. I got up, and changed out of my pajamas and prepared for breakfast. At 7:30 our manager was the one who was up first, luckily I just finished cooking and I was getting ready to set the table. Our manager said to leave it to her and I’ll just wake up the others. So I went to get everyone up and we started eating breakfast. We went through our schedule first thing in the morning. We were free to do whatever we want in the morning but at 1:00 we have a photo shoot for our next jacket cover followed by another photo shoot with ss501.

“Why do we need to have a photo shoot with them?” Lizzie asked

“Ohh didn’t I tell you? A production crew wanted to make a show where in they would pair up boys and girls, and they wanted it to be you guys.” Our manager said calmly.

“Great we’re gonna be their guinea pigs for our first day.” Andie whispered so low that only I was able to hear it.

“So prepare yourselves, just think of it as shooting a music video. Just do what you guys always do and everything will turn out perfect.” She said

Well if our manager thinks we can do it, I think we really can. I was still hesitant at first since it was my first time to shoot with them and I really didn’t know anything about them but I decided to trust on our manager for this.