Collisions

Pulsing Melodies[HIATUS]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Park Iseul stood on the subway listlessly listening to music. Her hand rested loosely on the metal bar above her head, and her eyes were closed as she listened to the third movement of Beethoven's Moonlight Sonata on her iPod. Iseul stood like that for a few moments before the subway violently lurched to the side. Her body jerked backward suddenly, and her eyes fluttered open. It took her a few moments to realize that the subway train had arrived at its stop and that it was time to get off. 

A group of people crowded toward the exit, and Iseul attempted to squeeze her way through. On her way out, she accidently bumped into an old lady. Because she could not apologize, Iseul quickly bowed her head towards the old lady and moved along. Before she left, she heard the old lady make an irritated noise at the back of and say, "So rude." Iseul could do nothing but ignore the pointed comment the elderly lady made. Continuing on, she headed up to the street and went into a small cafe.

The cafe was playing Lee Seung gi's song, Return. The soft ballad made Iseul flinch, and a grimace of digust formed on her face. It was not that the song was a terrible song or that Lee Seung gi had a scratchy voice. It was just that people singing always reminded her of things she would never have. Feelings of bitterness swiftly came over her, and she mentally scolded herself for having such negative thoughts as she slowly walked towards the line at the front of the store.

While she was in line, she decided order option four, which was hot chocolate. At the counter, Iseul used her fingers to indicate that she wanted to option four. The cashier gave her a funny look when he saw her gesture.

"What...? You want option four?" the cashier asked. Iseul nodded silently and proceeded to sit down at a table after she finished ordering. When she was waiting for her drink, she overheard the cashier talking about her to his coworker. 

"Did you see that girl? She's so weird." the cashier said, laughing to his coworker. 

His coworker smirked and replied, "Who orders without talking? Stupid girl. She looks way too serious." Iseul suddenly wished she was also deaf, and that she did not have to hear these comments from insensitive people.  When she picked up her drink, the worker smiled at her leeringly, as if he were purposely pointing out her abnormalities.

She overlooked the insult and walked out of the shop into the wintry air.

Lucky for them, they had a nice day off to relax and prepare for the busy practices ahead of them. Chen, with a few of his EXO band mates, was strolling around the streets of Seoul. The weather was a bit chilly for his taste but it had a nice, fresh feeling. Being stuck in stuffy, dry, heated rooms was never too much fun. While they strolled along, Chanyeol decided to stop in the middle of the sidewalk and stretch out his long limbs. 

"Wah! It's great to out and about again." Chanyeol exclaimed with a smile. Kris let out a small sigh.

"Yes, but I hope we don't see any fans today. I'd like some peace and quiet." Some of them nodded in agreement. It really was nice to be out on streets of Seoul. Chen cou

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter