4

Realisation

I felt that my life is spicing up, just because of that one person. He's the only one who even wanted to be friends with me at the start. I find him really special though, spending time with me and even being interested about the situations and problems in my life. No one has ever done that before. The most weirdest feeling I had with him is that I somehow trust him. I already did trust him on the second day. When I first met him, the atmosphere turned from cold into a really warm and friendly one. Somehow I still don't get why he doesn't have any friends..I mean, he has got it all, the looks and personality. It's really odd.

I went to my workplace, excited and hoping to meet him againt today. I was even skipping to the counter, acting all childish and stuff. I later then got tired from jumping around so I just sat on the chair and waited for him to come. As I was about to fall asleep, I heard footsteps coming near me. I widened my eyes as I saw Zhoumi in front of me. 

"Hello! Again..." We both burst into laughter but I stopped as I saw a few more people behind him. 

"Um...sorry for making you confused. This is my parents." He smiled. 

I nodded and greeted his family and they smiled back. There was a moment of silence so I decided to speak up.

"Oh sorry what would you like to order?" I asked.

"Oh yeah, can I order the chocolate flavor for both of us. Zhoumi, which flavor do you want?" His mother said as she looked at Zhoumi.

"Any." He said, winking at me. Wait. He winked. At me. My heart skipped a beat again. I was trying not to blush so I quickly nodded and turned around. Oh well, I should just find another kind of flavor I like for him. I gave the drinks and they purchased. They sat for a while to talk as I looked at the family from the counter. I smiled as I saw the group of them laughing. This reminds me of my family.

"Hey Henry come here and talk with us. You seem....quite lonely there..." He said. I could see that he felt a bit guilty from his expression. I slowly walked towards their table and sat down.

"Hi..." I greeted, again. I then saw his parents laughing again. Is it because of me? Do I have anything on my face or something? I cleared my throat.

"Henry you don't need to be that awkward with us, be comfortable." His father spoke.

"T-thanks." I stuttered. 

"I'm glad that Zhoumi has finally made a friend. He gets bullied a lot at school. Being called nerdy and stuff. I don't really get why would they hate a person who's good at grades though." So that's why...

"Mom, you won't understand students in school now. They're all different." He frowned. His mother nodded in response.

"Henry, I would like to see your parents someday. I wanted to know them more." 

"Um...they...they're not here anymore. Well, my dad was a pilot before and he got into an accident. And..my mother changed a lot after the incident so she packed all her stuff away and abandoned me alone." I tried keep a smile on my face but it's just hard for me to explain.

"I'm sorry for bringing that up." She said as I felt her hand patting my back. I shook my head to tell her that I'm fine.

"Well....let's change the subject to something else!" I smiled again as I heard his voice. We began talking about other stuff. This moment was really nice. It had the same feeling of me and my family back then.