2

Realisation

Three days have passed. Three days. It felt like forever. Even the ceiling is more interesting when it's my life you're talking about. I have been staring at it for a few minutes already. Can't my life be more exciting. I sat up my bed and walked to the wardrobe. I randomly picked a clothing, a simple t-shirt and a pair of jeans. I don't bother going out and buy a new clothing, no one will ever notice me. Why would they. WIll something ever change in my life? Sure i don't believe in happy endings, but I believe in hope. I'm waiting for someone that could make my life better. 

I walked out of my apartment door, lazily walking down the stairs. The walls are all rusty and they're full of dirt. Some steps are even a bit cracked. I just can't afford that much money to make a living. What's the use of others wanting a mansion or a larger house? Maybe I was too simple-minded? Yeah, that's what I thought.

I reached the final step and walked out on the streets, hearing the cars rush through, seeing the people in business suits running on the streets, catching the bus for their work.

"Excuse me." One of them ran passed me, bumping me on the shoulder.

Looking at all the people here, earning great money. All I do is to work at the bubble tea store, serving customers. I went into my working place, waiting for a few customers. There's just something positive about this place, I don't need to stress about a single thing. I don't need to work late and I don't need to care about any business. I look around, staring at the empty chairs. It's still early. It's quiet. I..like it. 

I sat on the chair, waiting for the first costumer to come in. A few hours have passed, staring at the motionless scene in front of me is really..sad though. I don't understand why there are not much customers here. I shrugged waited for a few minutes again. It's getting boring... I closed my eyelids for a few seconds and fell into a slumber.

 

 

 

"Hello? Hellooooo. Wakey wakey. Are you thereeeee?" My eyes fluttered open from the sound as I raised my eyebrows. His voice is so calming though, but then I saw the person in front of me, waving his hand over my freaking face. Yes, I have quite a temper when someone wake me up, but this time it's different.

"Phew, you're finally awake." He smiled. I can't help but stare at his features. I went speechless, how can he be so perfect.

"Um..can I order?" I ignored his words, still staring at his face.

"Hello...?" He spoke a bit louder. I snapped out of my thoughts, realizing my jaw was wide open. He laughed as I cleared my throat.

"What do you want to order?" I tried to not stutter...

"I'm not sure, maybe you should order for me, which flavor do you like?" Wait. Did he just ask me a question? This is the longest conversation that I have for a year. 

"Well, sir. I like all these kind of flavors but if you ask me to pick my favorite, I like the green tea one. Gosh, that took me a lot of guts to say that whole sentence. Why is it so hot in here?

"Okay!" He smiled.

"O-okay." My heart skipped a beat. Wait what am I thinking.

I quickly made the drink and gave it to him, then he paid the cash.

"Um..by the way, what's your name?" He asked. Why so sudden...

"Henry. W-why are you asking?" Why does he even want to know my name. Such a weird person.

"Just asking. My name is Zhoumi. nice to meet you." Zhoumi. Zhoumi. That name kept on repeating in my head. I nodded and smiled.

"N-nice to meet you too." I said as he went out of the store. I went to the washroom and looked at the mirror and realized...

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

I was blushing the whole time.