Five

Blanket
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“I took a shower,” Himchan announced. Yongguk stopped mid-motion and turned around. There stood his roommate, hair clearly not greasy anymore and his pale skin no longer oily. There were still bags under his eyes and his skin was pale, but he looked better than before.

“That's great,” Yongguk replied in awe. His roommate was in the kitchen, talking to him.

“It felt good,” Himchan admitted and walked over to the small table and sat down. Yongguk nodded, still staring at his friend who was showing himself outside of his bed. “Food, Yongguk,” Himchan reminded him. Immediately he turned around, back to the dinner.

“Sorry,” he apologized and turned the food on the pan. “So what's got you up?” he asked curiously and turned around to look at his roommate.

“I wanted to see how you make dinner,” Himchan answered with a shrug of his shoulders.

“Is it that delicious?” Yongguk joked, smiling at his friend. Said friend smiled in return. The teeth were slightly yellow, but otherwise there were no chocolate stains or remains of food. “You've brushed your teeth as well,” Yongguk remarked.

“Yeah,” his roommate affirmed with a nod. “I thought it was high time. Plus I was getting tired of you lecturing me about how I would get holes in my teeth,” he added with a smile. Yongguk smiled back and inwardly celebrated that what he said did go through to the other person. He had tried to make Himchan brush his teeth every morning for the past week.

Silence settled over the two of them, but it felt comfortable. Yongguk turned around again and checked on their food. It would be finished soon.

“Do you want to eat out here or in your room?” he asked.

“Out here,” Himchan answered. Yongguk was surprised. His friend didn't want to jump back under his covers desperately as he used to. What had happened?

“Really? Well ok. Will you take out a couple of plates for us?” he asked, hearing his surprise laced through his words. Himchan nodded and stood up. While he took out a couple of plates and put it on the table, Yongguk turned off the stove. Letting his friend move out of the way, he let put one of the thingies on each plate. Putting the pan back onto the stove, he got out a glass for them both while Himchan took out eating utensils. Soon they were sitting down in front of each other, ready to eat.

“So why have you chosen to come out of your cocoon?” Yongguk asked after the first bite.

“I don't know,” his friend answered with a shrug of his shoulders.

“It's nice to see you out,” Yongguk said. Himchan's lips stretched into a small smile, that stayed while chewing on his food. It was nice to see him smiling so much. A hint of tiredness weighed the smile, but it wasn't as bad as before. Did a shower do this to him?

“So how did your show go?” his roommate asked curiously. Yongguk grinned and remembered the rush the stage gave him just hours ago.

“Really well. I had the crowd singing with me on the hook of one of my older more popular songs. It was amazing you should have been there,” he started and proceeded to tell everything to his friend who smiled and nodded along.


 

Himchan was reading his little story through. He was halfway in writing it. The lonely man in the woods had met a passerby, an adventurer who lived a somewhat lonely life too. After a couple of meals shared and a lot of persuasion from the adventurer's side, the lonely man was convinced to join the guy on his adventures. Of course Veggie followed the lonely man, who was no longer as lonely anymore. The lonely man wouldn't admit to this as he still found he preferred his own and Veggie's company.

There were spelling mistakes here and there, odd sentences that needed to be rewritten and places where whole words were missing from sentences. Him

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter