Seventeen

Blanket
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Yongguk was tired. Tired and completely dry of music making juice. The fact that he described it as music making juice just proved his point. It was time for bed. First he would check up on Himchan though. See if he was alright, or if he needed anything in the likes of advice or maybe a push to go to bed.

So getting up, he made his way to his friend's room. A low murmur and furious clicking could be heard when he neared the room. The door was open for once and he found his roommate sitting in his bed with his computer.

“Mother er,” Himchan cursed and seemed to press one button fiercely. He then carried on mumbling something while writing something on his computer in a frenzy.

“What are you doing?” Yongguk asked, gaining the other's attention with a snap of his neck. The typing stopped.

“Writing,” his friend answered vaguely.

“What are you writing?” he tried to get the other to elaborate a bit.

“A book,” the other replied, blinking twice as if asking what he was doing here.

“Oh. Uhm. What kind of book?” Yongguk asked, ignoring the blinking.

“Not telling. Shouldn't you be in bed? You're usually in bed at this time,” Himchan asked back. Yongguk felt a small warmth. So the other had noticed when he went to bed.

“I wanted to check up on you. Maybe advice you to go to bed. It's been a long day,” he told his friend while scratching the back of his neck awkwardly.

“Oh. Well... That might be a good idea... Now that you mention it,” Himchan replied slowly after looking down at his computer shortly. Probably checking the time.

“You okay?” Yongguk asked, wanting to make sure.

“Yeah, I...” his friend started with a nod. “Just yeah. I just wanted to write.”

He nodded in answer. “Ok, just... don't stay up too late. It's almost 8,” he said. Himchan smiled a small amused smile at him and his heart beat a little faster. “I sounded like a parent, didn't I?”

“Yeah,” the other nodded.

“Sorry,” Yongguk apologized, wincing slightly. His friend shook his head as if saying 'it's okay'.

They looked at each other for a few seconds, a silence in the room that felt neither comfortable nor uncomfortable.

“Well, I'm going to bed. Good night,” he said breaking the small silence.

“Sweet dreams,” Himchan wished him with a small smile, before turning back to his computer.

“You too when you get there,” Yongguk replied with a smile and a obviously beating heart, before turning and going back to his room. There he slipped out of his clothes and fell into bed.


 

Himchan kept writing on his story for two more hours, though it didn't go as smoothly as first. Yongguk's face kept popping up in his head, advising him to go to bed with a smile. And for some reason, he would pause mid-sentence and just think about loneliness and not loneliness. Yongguk was a friend, but it felt so foreign to think of him like that. Foreign, weird, odd, strange, absurd, bizarre and curious. For so long the other had been his roommate, the person he chatted politely with every few months. They got along, but they stayed out of each others daily lives.

And then everything with Voldemort had happened. Well, Jongup. He could think the name and not be overwhelmed with sadness now. Fear of the name only increases fear of the thing itself. But it had helped. And now he could call him by name again without it hurting.

But Yongguk, he... he was a friend suddenly. Where it had come from, he didn't know. Where the sudden trust to call him a friend had come from he didn't know. Actually now that he thought about it, he knew where it came from. Yongguk had been taking care of him for months now. Talked to him about things and even held him while he cried at one point. And never once did he push his opinion on him or not treat him with respect.

He had been understanding and helpful and so many good things, despite being stupid a couple of times. But that was human wasn't it? Oh dear chocolate, he was beginning to sound a bit like Yongguk.

Shaking his head to rid of his thoughts he looked at the computer in front of him. It was almost 10 o'clock. Time to sleep. Packing his computer away and his small desk thingy, he buried himself in his blankets.

He felt lonely, but the large empty hole in his heart was filled with something else than Jongup now. He had a friend now. A friend. Maybe he could trust this one. Maybe, maybe this one wouldn't stab him in the back. Maybe this one would actually be a true friend. He had felt like it so far, now that he looked back.

But he was scared that wouldn't turn out to be true. Yongguk didn't seem like the person to do stuff like that, but neither had Jongup. Though his ex did say it wasn't anything serious. It smelled of such bull though, when you looked away from the earnest expression. Maybe Jongup had lied when he used that expression. Lied so many times when used that expression. Even when he said that he loved Himchan.

His heart clenched. Maybe every time that Jongup had said those sweet things to him and said he was always honest, he wasn't. It hurt. It hurt that he had spent so much time with someone who was possibly lying to him.

Maybe Yongguk wouldn

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter