Chapter 1

The Summer I Found Happiness Again

*Caroline POV*

Once my foot stepped out of the airport I felt a sudden breeze, the wind went through my hair straightening it even more, but that’s not it, it’s the feeling. The feeling that filled up my whole body and made my head spin.I stopped at the entrance of Incheon airport and closed my eyes. I could hear people protesting and swearing at me with an angry tone.  I was blocking their way. At that moment I regretted learning Korean intensively for two years. But I just had to feel the air, breathe it in as much as possible so that I could keep that feeling for myself a little bit longer.  The feeling of happiness. The feeling I haven’t felt for a long time, the feeling I was hoping to meet again during my stay here.

Eun Ha, the Korean girl I met two years ago while we were both on an one-year exchange program in Cambridge finally invited me to spend my summer holidays at her house in KOREA! We’ve talked and dreamt about this for so long!

 It’s our passion for k-pop that started our friendship, which, later, throughout that one-year stay, became a bond so special for both of us. She became one of those kinds of friends that literally knows every single thing about you, is always ready to take part in whatever you’ve come up with, never judges you and cherishes you for who you are. It’s a real wonder how we’ve managed to get so close in just a year.  Ever since then, there hasn’t been a day we haven’t talked over the internet and made plans for our crazy adventures when I finally manage to come to Korea. For that specific goal, I have worked my of for two summers in a row, just so that I could save up enough money and pay my plane tickets.

Our plan for this summer is: visit every single k-pop event in Seoul, scream our hearts out for our beloved idols, have so much fun and don’t care about anything else, just be happy, again.

And it’s finally happening! I’m finally 18 and my parents let me go! I’m here for god’s sake!

I started jumping like crazy in front of the airport when I noticed zillions of Koreans watching me with curiosity, probably thinking “What the hell is that huge foreign woman doing?”  Well, . I am tall, actually very, very tall, like 181cm tall. Well, happens right? But I did always have a huge complex about my height, which became even bigger now, when I noticed that I’m standing out so much, I’m probably like a giraffe lost in the sea of  turtles. And not to mention the fact that my idols all liked girls whose height was in average 165cm.

Waa, so there I was mourning over the fact that I was cursed with this giraffe-like looks when I heard a familiar voice calling my name. I turned over and saw familiar features, long brownish hair, deep black eyes and a beautiful smile. It’s Eun Ha! Gosh, she’s gotten even more beautiful. I felt a little bit sad that my looks haven’t improved much, or so I think.

I ran into her arms and hugged her tightly. God I’ve missed this girl.

“Eun Ha! My dear, your friend is here now so let’s turn Seoul upside down! Woho, party hard, die hard! Hahah. We’ve already made our plans so let’s show those people the way we cheer for our idols! Fighting!”

“I’ve missed your craziness! Let’s get this party started!”