The Third Lucky Guess

The Third Lucky Guess

Chanyeol had been feeling strange lately. Every time he was alone with his friend Baekhyun, he would start to get nervous, feel awkward. He didn’t want to look stupid, say something stupid but when they were alone and this feeling crept in, he always ended up looking more ridiculous than if he were feeling, thus acting, normally. It was an infuriating problem.

          The first time it happened, he thought he was hungry. The others had just left and Chanyeol was staying at Baekhyun’s house to play video games.

“Do you want a drink? I’m so thirsty” the shorter boy asked and Chanyeol nodded in affirmation. While Baekhyun was gone the tall boy set up the game, and when Baekhyun came back they sat in silence for a moment, both occupied with quenching their thirst. That was when it happened. His stomach started to…quiver? He doesn’t know how to describe the feeling; it was like the bottom of his stomach was flickering, tingling. He suddenly felt nervous. It was as if he was at the front of the line for the highest rollercoaster, or about to step in front of a large audience to play his guitar. But there was nothing to be nervous about…so…why did he feel it? He’d been to Baekhyun’s like this so many times. In fact, it was a common occurrence. “Hey Baek, you got anything to eat?”

“Huh? OH, oh sure, be right back!” and after that, once they got into the game (i.e., shouting at the screen), the feeling vanished.

          The second time it happened, Chanyeol was a little more confused. This time the group of friends were out for a meal: Kyungsoo, Jongin, Tao, and Kris. The rest of them were either busy or in China. (One of the main ways they all kept in touch was through Kris, the multicultural giant.) They were at a corner table and Baekhyun and Chanyeol had managed to sit themselves right at the back facing each other. It was great! The night started off great.

 

However.

 

 Of course, about three quarters of the way through the meal, while Jongin and Tao had managed to get themselves drunk, and Kyungsoo was busy being witty about it and Kris was trying to keep order, the two in the corner were left – effectively – alone. That was when it happened.

The second time.

Again that tingly, quivering feeling returned and Chanyeol didn’t know what to say or how to act, he didn’t want to look stupid. But that was ridiculous because he’d known Baekhyun for most of his life and this had never happened before. Never.

 

 Except for that one time last week.

                                 

Yes that was it! He was hungry! Except there was a major flaw with his theory...he’d just eaten. The boy racked his brain for another excuse but nothing came up. He was worried for his friends? Pft, they were just a bit tipsy. He was scared of the bill? Who was he kidding, he had enough money. Nothing sounded good enough, and at this point Chanyeol was feeling very confused.

“…bout something?” he only barely realised that Baekhyun had been talking to him.

“Sorry what?” he asked distractedly

“No, no, it’s just that you spaced out a bit and you looked really worried and you were chewing on your bottom lip like it was the next course of the meal…” what he really that deep in thought? See? This problem was bigger than he thought, and the stomach thing still hadn’t gone away.

“Sorry, I just…I’m just…*sigh* I feel weird.” At this Baekhyun furrowed his brows and then looked concerned “do you think you have food poisoning? Was the meat cooked properly?” and Chanyeol’s mind felt slightly more at ease, yes, it must be the food. “Come on, let’s go home then, you should rest and see if you feel better tomorrow.” Chanyeol looked at the other four then spoke “but what are we going to do about these guys?” Baekhyun also spared them a glance then quickly made a decision “uhm, they can get themselves home. Right Kris?” the tall guy gave a short nod and Baekhyun pulled Chanyeol off home.

          By the third time, Chanyeol was panicking and running out of ideas as to what the feeling could be other than…even now he still didn’t want to admit it, even inside his own head. How could that be the case? If so, wouldn’t this have happened before? Him and Baekhyun had been friends for years.

          He was going over to Baekhyun’s for the night and he knew that whatever this was, it was getting out of control. Despite it only starting relatively recently, it had only been happening when he was alone with Baekhyun. Now though, as he was gathering some things up into a bag, he felt the nervousness, the anticipation. It was here that Chanyeol finally came to terms with what the feeling was. That it wasn’t hunger, or food poisoning, nor any other rubbish excuse. Chanyeol liked Baekhyun. Or at least he certainly felt something for his best friend.

          A few hours later and the boys were sat in Baekhyun’s room, chatting and laughing and in Chanyeol’s case, being conscious; of himself, of Baekhyun, and just generally conscious. He was noticing things he never noticed before. Like how Baekhyun’s adams apple bobbed when he spoke, or laughed, or swallowed. Or like how in just an old baggy t-shirt and a pair of loose trousers, he could guess how Baekhyun looked slim inside them. And in addition to the afore mentioned feeling, there was a new desire, to touch, to feel skin under his hands, it looked so smooth…

          Without realising it, he was now towering over where Baekhyun sat cross legged on the bed, not even fully aware that he got up from his place on the floor.

“uhm, Chanyeol…” Baekhyun looked up at him with wide eyes, leaning back slightly. Those eyes, he could get lost in those eyes. His gaze slid lower, and lower. Lips. Baekhyun noticed that Chanyeol’s eyes went dark, unfocused. Chanyeol felt possessed. He felt as if his mind were stood in the corner of the room watching this scene and something else – maybe his heart – was controlling his body. He leaned down, leaned closer, closed his eyes and…soft. Baekhyun’s lips were soft. They were also kissing back, a bonus Chanyeol had not expected. He climbed onto the bed, knees on either side of Baekhyun’s hips and his hands came up to the shorter boy’s neck and cheeks. Chanyeol deepened the kiss, slipping his tongue inside the others mouth and Baekhyun exhaled, hands moving to Chanyeol’s waist and pulling him down. Just as his hands wanted, Chanyeol started touching, going up under Baekhyun’s shirt, feeling his back, warm, smooth, his chest, with just enough muscle, and muscle you wouldn’t expect such a petite figure to have. Baekhyun’s waist, defined, and lower still, strong hips.

          This continued for a while, breaking up every so often to breathe, or to kiss down the other’s neck, or any other body part desired at the time. By eleven o clock they were both a little more than tired, emotionally and physically, and so Chanyeol ended up laying down next to Baekhyun, even wrapping him in his arms. Baekhyun chuckled, responding with “I’m not a teddy bear you know…but Chanyeol, I think…urm…well,” and then in a small voice, his face heating up “I really liked that.  I didn’t know I would. I never even thought about it before tonight, about you, but…I liked it.” He looked up and Chanyeol looked down and they shared another brief but deep kiss, tongues wrapping around one another. “I really liked it.”

“hmmm, me too, and not just the kiss…” Chanyeol stared into Baekhyun’s eyes, and hoped it was obvious what he was trying to convey. And then squeezing Baekhyun a little tighter, the two fell asleep cocooned in warmth and looking forward to a bunch of exciting tomorrows.

 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks for reading :] Don't forget to comment, I'd like to know if my writing is good enough to continue with ^-^

(Sorry for any mistakes, I'm my own editor and don't worry about giving helpful criticism, I can handle it hehe :3)

Luce <3