EXTRA 3

TEACHER, CAN I BITE YOU?

 

Sulking is now attached to my name for the very fact that I don’t get to see the person I wanted to see for forever. This creeps me as well, I don’t know why in the world am I missing someone who didn’t give out a clear intention of showing me he also likes me (or was there but I wasn’t aware). Anyways, instead of continuing with this bad vibes, I would like to recall the time(s) he showed the side of him that I truly fell for. Let me enumerate those that I can remember.

 

(1) This happened a day after my birthday.

  • It was June 1 and everybody was back to normal right after my birthday. It was also the 2nd day that Sejong was not a student of mine anymore. But the good thing was that he occasionally and naturally enters my room, just to make face or poke me. But what really made that day was the thing that my co-teacher said. Kenny told me thatSejong could have gone to my birthday celebration if only he was invited. Time and time again, I have been telling him my plan to have a dinner over at my house with friends for my birthday. Okay, my bad… I didn’t invite him personally, but it is for the fact that he had been also telling me that he might meet someone on the very same day.Goodness!!! I’m also regretting on this thought but let me look on the brighter side of this one. HE WANTED TO GO TO MY HOUSE! Now that’s a thought I would like to happen. One more chance, and I’ll definitely invite him over.

 

(2) This one shocked my senses a bit.

  • It was, I think, my second week into teaching (again) when all is still a bit awkward between me and Sejong. There was one time that my student, Chris, and I were taking our break. Sejong came in the room and shared some jokes and naturally, Chris and I laughed along. Then somewhere in that time, Chris asked me if I wanted to get married and have kids. I said “Of course~?!” with a bit of hesitation (hehehe!) then went on to be asked again with “So how many children do you want Angie?” Sejong was just there on my right side, silently laughing and waiting for my answer. But before I could give out my answer, Chris spouted “100? You want 100? You can have a soccer team, ani Soccer League!!!” This made me, Rjay, Chris and Sejong laughed our hearts out! By and by, Rjay and Chris went somewhere, leaving me and Sejong in the room. I was still in the middle of laughing when he suddenly cleared his throat and said something in a very low, serious-like voice which took me to who knows where. 

 

          SEJONG: But Angie, really, how many children do you want to have?

          ME: Ahmmm… I want two.

          SEJONG: Ah… Two boys?

          ME: No. I want a son first, then a daughter. You? How many do you want?

          SEJONG: I also want two. I think it’s enough.

          ME: Yeah.

          SEJONG: When will you marry?

          ME: Molla… (I don’t know…) No plans yet.

          SEJONG: Hmmm...

He suddenly avoided my look and he just excused himself since breaktime was over. That just made my day that time. Imagine, we were all joking and laughing and then all of a sudden he asked in a very sincere manner. How could I not let this moment be unnoticed? Of course, I have to note this one. Sejong… Why are you like this? was the only thought that came to my mind right there and then.

 

-Saem-