Unnoticed.

Occupied Thoughts...

 

 

On the count of three…

One…my heart is calling you

Two…do you see it too?

Three…look at me.

Opening her eyes in hopes her wish was granted; she was disappointed once again when she was still in her original position.

Sitting in an open green grass acre, Nina just sat there with her book bag beside her. She watched the boys track team go through their normal drills.

Her eyes wondered to all busy figures down by the field.

Some were sprinting, others jogging, some stretching, and one particular figure was busy practicing on his long jump.

His name was Park Yoochun. Captain of the long jump team, certified kingka, and most importantly her childhood best friend.

It amazed her from time to time to see how different their paths lead them. He was popular, she wasn’t. The typical shy girl who worked behind the scenes while he was the main star.

They kept their distance from one another during school hours for her protection.

Yoochun had a million fan-girls chasing him and willing to shred anyone who stood in their way.

Nina pushed back her oversized glasses and pouted at the scene before her.

Hmph…why can’t I hang out with you  in public?
Am I an embarrassment?

Taking out her compact mirror, Nina began to fix herself while trying to give her most seductive poses.

Pouting her lips while makes her eyes look somewhat sultry, she was interrupted by a soft chuckle.

Turning her head to be only a few centimeters from the handsome face, Nina lost her balance.

Landing on her elbow, she gave out a faint yelp.

Yoochun smirked at the scene before him.

Yah!..what are trying to do? Seducing the mirror?”

“Aish! What’s with the sneaking behind peoples backs? Why are you up here? Aren’t you suppose to be practicing?” Blowing air out of mouth, as she retorted.

“Well if you haven’t noticed but practice already ended. See!” Pointing to the field, her eyes followed.

Sure enough the field was empty.

Taking a seat on the grass by Nina, Yoochun noticed a book on her lap.

Glancing at the covers, Soul-mates Yoochun couldn’t help but let out a soft chuckle once again.

Annoyed by his mysterious behavior, Nina just blew out the bangs on her face.

“Yah..if you came here to annoy me, well your mission is completed. I’m annoyed.”

“You still keep believing in such things as soul-mates?”

Taken back by his sudden question, Nina just sat there and silently nodded.

“Sigh…you are still the young naïve Nina, who believes that babies come from their parents love.”

“It’s true, their actions come out of love, which produces babies.”

“Anni..it’s called . Pure, raw, intoxicating .” Yoochun whispered the last word close to her ear as she felt his warm breath.

Nina began to feel all nervous inside as her face turned flush pink by Yoochun’s closeness.

Covering her ears together from hearing such words. Nina just shook her head in a repetitive motion trying not to accept his conclusion.

“Ah…Nina, when will you grow up and accept these sorts of ideas. We have already taken health class, what more do you need?”

“I know that but I also know that people love as well.”

“Aigo…you really need to date.”

“Anni…I am wai..”

“I know. I know. Waiting for your ‘soul-mate’” Emphasizing on the words soul-mate.

“Of course.” Nina confidently answered as she smiled towards the sky. “How about you Yoochun-ah? Do you believe in such things as soul-mates?”

“Anni..” Of course. I’m looking at mine right now. He said with a steadily look at Nina. It almost made her a bit uncomfortable.

Disappointed in his answer, Nina was hoping for something else. Sigh.

What was she suppose to expect? Yes?...Anni.

How could the well known Park Yoochun believe in some fairy tale nonsense.

Besides, she was always going to be the dorky best friend he knew since diapers.

Fixing her glasses once again, Yoochun took the opportunity to take them off.

Now, her oversize glasses didn’t overcrowd her face as well as cover up her silk-white skin.

“I never understood why you kept wearing these when you Umma already got you contact lenses.”

“These are comfortable and those things called ‘contact lenses’ are uncomfortable.”

“Right…these are comfortable since they kept sliding off.”

Why do you keep denying your beauty?
Can’t you see how my eyes long for you?

Grabbing her glasses back, she put them back on as she returned to reading her book.

With a focus look on her face, Yoochun smiled in content.

This was when she looked her prettiest. Hair tide back in a ponytail with a few strands loose, while she had a concentrated look on her face made Yoochun smile with glee once more.

She looked serene and comfortable in her element.

He kept staring at her for a good 15 minutes as he propped himself on his elbows.

Feeling watched, she looked up to see her best friend stare at her with his warm dark brown eyes.

Sticking her tongue out, she began to pack her things as she noticed it was beginning to get late.

“Yoochun-ah, you better get home as well or your Umma is gonna throw a fit.”

“Yeh…araso.”

“Komowayo.”

“Neh?...”

“For being my friend.” She smiled one last time as she bid farewell to Yoochun.

He just sat there as he watched his friend walk away.

“Just a friend?...When will you see I love you more than just friend…sigh.” Taking a deep breath, Yoochun walked the opposite direction leaving the grass field