Chapter 4.5

Fairy Tale Happenings

  "Your Highness?"

  Doojoon pushed past through the doors with a cart filled with all his needed equipments in tow. He took note of how the curtains in the room was pulled open, the bed was empty and made but the suit for the day was still laid out, waiting to be worn. He could hear water running from the nearby bathroom. He decided to might as well make himself useful and fumbled through all the metal for the measuring tape.

  He could hear the bathroom suite door open and a beauty stepped out with his red hair dripping wet and his body covered in a silky robe. Doojoon tried to keep himself from staring at the Prince outright.

  "Gikwang can y-" Hyunseung stopped, finally realizing who the other male in his room really was. He quietly took a step back into the bathroom. "You're not Gikwang."

  "Yeah um," Doojoon cleared his throat, going back to fumbling through the silver. "I'm here for the fitting."

  "Oh, um, hold on, let me just get my...." The younger trailed off, glancing around unsurely. "Can you look away?"

  "Why? We're both men here," Doojoon said, amused. "There's nothing wrong with that."

  "Yeah, but I don't know you," Hyunseung pointed out, still wondering if he should go out. He had never changed in front of anyone other than Gikwang as far as he remembered. "So can you just-?"

  "Okay, okay," Doojoon complied and turned away. He could hear the shuffling sound of footsteps.

  "Don't look," Hyunseung said, firmly as he tugged the cloth over his head and out on his pants.

  "I'm not, I'm not."

  "Are you done?" Doojoon asked, after a moment of silence.

  "Yeah."

  "Good," he replied, going through his cart and pulled out a chest armor. "Try this on."

  Hyunseung caught the armor by surprise, stumbling a bit. He looked at it wearily, before attempting to put it on. He managed to put his head through, but had a bit of trouble with his arms. The armor was made of metal, which basically meant he can't maneuver his arm properly. He grunted when he accidentally pressed his arm to the side armor.

  "You're suppose to unstrap it first before putting it on," Doojoon sighed, before coming over to help loosen the strap. "Arms."

  Hyunseung obediently followed and put his arms through. It was easier after the suit was loosened up a bit. He kept his arms raised as Doojoon pulled at the strap. The armor suit, beside being tightened to it's max, was still loose around Hyunseung's waist. Doojoon eyed it, wondering if he actually has one that will fit. He loosened the strap and asked Hyunseung to take it off.

  "We're going to have to find a smaller size. But for now, I found a helmet that might fit your head," Doojoon told him, taking out the said piece of silver armor.

  "Um, okay," Hyunseung took the helmet and put it on, remembering to push the shield up. It was clear that he's seeing through a small box.

  "How is it?" Doojoon asked, adjusting the helmet from the back. Hyunseung hoped his cringe wasn't too visible. He was glad he still had his helmet on when the older was fixing his helmet from the front.

  "Too small?"

  "Well, I can still breathe," Hyunseung said, awkwardly.

  Doojoon smirked, and took the helmet off, "You could've just told me that it was uncomfortable."

  "It's not polite," Hyunseung said, averting his eyes elsewhere. "Anyway, what else do I have to try on?"

  "You only tried on two. We have a long way to go before this is over," the elder told him. 

  "But I want to go out today," Hyunseung whined. "I wanted to see if I can find any roses."

  Doojoon froze for a second, before going to get his measuring tape.

  "Roses?"

  Doojoon raised his arms, to measure the length. Hyunseung watched curiously, trying to stay still. Doojoon took note of the measurement, before putting the tape under his armpit and let it fall till the Prince's waist.

  "Yeah, they're these beautiful flowers where the petals seem to coil till the middle. From what I know, they usually come in red, but there are other colours too," Hyunseung said, trying to avoid looking at the latter when he put his arms around the Prince's waist followed by the tape.

  "You have a girl's waist."

  "I do not!" 

  The corner of his lips quirks at the younger's protest, "So, where did you hear about these roses?"

  "I read about it in a book."

  "Did you now?"

  "They're very pretty, I want one," Hyunseung told him.

  "You can get one," Doojoon told him, causing the excited gleam in the Prince's eyes. "You just have to steal it from the Beast."

  Hyunseung pouted at the remark.

***

  The petals grew dusty over the years despite being contained under a glass top, but it began to glow brighter these past few days. He knew it wasn't a good sign, it meant his time was slowly coming to an end. A low rumble emitted from his throat, scaring a mouse in it's hunt. He threw the black cloth over the container covering the rose.

  He barely missed the silent footsteps of the padded paws when a voice called out, "Junhyung ah, Yoseob is waiting to have dinner with you."

  "Is he now?"

  "Yes," Gna told him, firmly. "And I would prefer if you don't growl or threaten him anyway."

  "Won't dream of it," Junhyung muttered, heading out.

  "Wait, aren't you going to put on a shirt, at least?" Gna called out, noticed how he's only wearing his pants which were threatening to crumble.

  Junhyung sighed, "Do I have to?"

  "At least, wear your cloak," she said. "It's impolite to go around half . I know you have fur and all, but you are a man inside."

  "You're practically walking around ," He grumbled under his breath, but went to get his read cloak anyway.

***

In the darkness, a raven hair male made himself known as soon as the wooden doors were bolted. He stepped out from the corner and eyed around the room. A large bed clearly made for two, a bed side table where a picture only stayed. A cupboard for clothes, most were ripped and a large space where only a shelf and a small round table occupy alongside two chairs. It would be romantic especially with the large window facing the starts if it wasn't for the darkness that lurked around the room.

  Ah well. Not everyone knows how to decorate their room properly.

  The young looking male went to the table and pulled away the cloth to view the beauty it hid underneath. He grinned and took off the container cover, picking up the rose.

  "I hope he won't mind me borrowing this," he said to no one. "Ah well, it is mine in the first place."

  With that he vanished, he does have a party to attend to.

~~~

do you hate me? I don't blame you. It's been months and I'm so sorry for the lack of updates. This was supposed to be longer, it was supposed to include Junseob. But I decided to separate it, not wanting to make you guys wait any longer. I have March test coming up and a very important exams coming up in October. Wish me luck.

and I will update the Junseob in a few weeks.

Poster made by mynameisjae from ✑ B L A C K P E A R L // POSTER SHOP