Dear My Little Robber,

Dear Love,

Dear my little robber, 

    Do you remember why you have that name? I gave it to you the first day we met.

 

~ October 25 2009 ~

 

       “Yah! Get back here!”

       “Someone get her!”

       “AHHHHHHHHHH!”

 

     She ran through the crowd, trying to get away from her chaser, she had to keep running no matter what. It was do or die for her.

       “The 15:00 train for Busan is now boarding all passengers. Departure in 5 minutes!”

     The girl heard the conductor yell and she booked it towards that direction. She didn’t have a ticket, but she was going to get on that train somehow. She was starting to run out of energy when she was 100 metres from the platform. Her enemy was close behind her. When she was easily 30 metres away from freedom, she looked back to see where her chaser had been, but he had drowned in the crowd. Then a figure stepped infront of her.

       “OOOOOF!” She had crashed into the figure and both fell onto the ground.

       “Yah! Watch where you’re going! You’re gonna’ kill someone someday.”

       “Oh! I’m sorry,” she looked over her shoulder at her enemy catching up, “I need to ask a favour, would you mind?”

       “Ughhhhhhhh… Make it quick!”

       “Grab my hand and run up the stairs to the streets, like we’re some lovey-dovey couple.”

       “What? Why? You’re gonna make me miss my train.”

       “Please?” She pouted.

       “Aish! Fine! Let’s go and get this over with!”

       “Thank yo-” He had grabbed before she could finish and started sprinting to the stairs.

     She had tried hard to keep up with him, but she had to admit, he was fast. After she got over the fact that he actually grabbed her hand and ran, she began laughing and giggling trying to act all embarrassed. But in reality, she had to get away from whoever was chasing her. No, she didn’t mug someone or steal a lady’s purse. That guy wanted her. She was at the club the other night and was talking to the wrong person. Turns out the guy was a complete psycho, and the only thing he wanted was to get into her pants. She found out after she realized he was stalking her this morning that he still wanted to.

     He had heard her giggles and followed her lead. He was going to miss that train anyways, so he might as well help someone in the process. When they had finally reached the stairs and began to climb them, he wondered why on earth she was running away, and who she was running away from. Then the thought came to him, ‘Omomomomomo, she’s a thief. I’m helping a thief get away. What have I done?’. He wanted to stop and question her, but he realized there’s no use now, they’ve ran too far.

     The pair reached the top of the stairs and the fresh air was a slap in the face. A good slap in the face. They both took a deep breath before the man dragged the lady to the north, towards a local park. When they were deep within the park, the man sat the lady down on a bench. The lady was trying to catch her breath, they were running for about 10 minutes. The man stood infront of the lady observing her with his arms crossed. She appeared to be in her early 20s, well off, and cute and innocent. She was a gray v-neck t-shirt, a dark blue blazer on top, black skinny jeans, and gray ballet flats, she was carrying a small black coach coin purse, and her hair was curly with front bangs. When she looked up and saw him standing infront of her staring, she got all embarrassed.

       “What’s your name?” He asked.

       “Thank-you.” She mumbled.

       “Your name is ‘Thank-you’?”

       “No, it isn’t, I was just saying ‘thanks’.” She replied softly.

       “Oh, well, what is your name?” he asked again.

       “Look, I wasn’t running because I stole something ok? I wouldn’t ever do that. I just needed a fast get away.” She explained.

       “M’am, you still haven’t answered my question. What is your name?” He asked sternly this time.

       “What is yours?”

       “I asked you first.”

       “Lee Hyori.” She said with a sigh.

       “What? No. That isn’t your name. She’s famous, I’m not stupid.”

       “How do you know that’s not my name, you asked!” She stood up.

       “How do I know you’re not a robber?”

       “Aish!” She sat back down, “I already said thanks, now I think it’s time to part ways.”

       “I just saved your , and this is how you repay me? All I want to know is your name.”

       “Kyung Mi Cha.” She stood up and got in his face and he got all silent, “What’s yours?”

       “Sh-Sh-Shin Dongho.” He got all nervous due to the invasion of his personal bubble.

       “Thanks again.” Mi Cha mumbled about to walk away.

       “Wait! Ummmmmmmm… Are you doing anything right now?”

       “No,” She turned around to face him and crossed her arms, “Why?”

       “I did miss my train thanks to you, so, I’ve got nothi-”

       “YAH!!! YOU!!!”

     Mi Cha’s eyes widened. It was the psycho man. Dongho didn’t need to turn around to know who was behind him. His first impulse was to grab her hand and run. And that’s exactly what he did.

     Dongho kept running forward, dragging along Mi Cha with her stalker chasing them. He didn’t know where to go in Seoul. He paused for a moment at a stop light. With no time to spare, Mi Cha pulled him to their right and ran forward into a couples’ shop.  When they got in, Mi Cha grabbed 2 green hoodies with robots on them and dragged Dongho to the changing room.

     After the couple finished catching their breaths Dongho began to break the silence.

       “You have a lot of explaining to do.”

       “I-well-Ummmmm-I-“

       “You drag me into a couples’ shop because of a ‘well’?”

       “Errrrrrrrrrr, no. It’s complex.”

     He sighed, took her hand, walked out of the room and placed the hoodies on the counter.

       “Hello! Just these today?” The clerk asked.

       “Yes please, thank-you.”

       “Took you long enough.” The clerk mumbled as she handed the pair their bag.

       “Sell well!” Dongho said ignoring the clerk’s comment, as he grabbed the bag.

     He grabbed Mi Cha’s hand again and pulled her out back onto the streets.

       “What do you think you’re doing?!?!?!?!?!?! Buying couple hoodies?!?!?!?!?!? We’re not together!!!!!!!!” Mi Cha exclaimed.

       “Shhhhhhhh, we were taking so long in there, the clerk would’ve thought we were just ‘using’ the room.”

       “So you buy us couple hoodies?!?!?!?!?!”

       “Oh! Well, would you just shut-up?!?!?!?!?!” He whined.

     Dongho dragged Mi Cha to a small café. He pointed towards a table at the back signalling for her to go and sit there. Without any words, Mi Cha obeyed. She silently shuffled over to the table while Dongho ordered some soda. She stared at him, there was something about him that she liked, even though they’re not on good terms. She looked away while he walked towards the table. He slid her soda can across the table and handed her a straw.

       “Explain. Now.” He told her.

       “I told you I’m not a thief.”

       “Oh really? Why is that guy chasing us then? Do you have debt due to him or something? ‘Cause that’s still considered stealing.”

       “What?No! Nothing like that!”

       “Then why?”

       “It’s like this…” Then Mi Cha started to explain her story from last night up until now.

       “Are you serious? You expect me to believe that?”

       “Yes! Why?”

       “I would’ve believed that you stole your little pursey thingy from an old lady than that story.”

       “What? Why don’t you believe me? It’s true!”

       “Ahahahaha, yea, sure.”

       “Yes it is!”

       “I just agreed with you.”

       “Sure you did.”

       “I did! Why won’t you believe me?”

       “See! Now you know how I feel!”

       “Ughhhhh. I get it now.”

       “Ahahahaha, thanks, again. I know I’ve been a pain in the . Sorry.”

       “It’s ok. I mean, what else do I have to do on a Saturday afternoon?”

       “Hahaha. Very funny, I get your point. I’m sorry, ok?”

       “Ok. What time do you need to be home by?”

       “Me? I don’t have a curfew, I live by myself. Why?”

       “Oh, I just thought you would-”

       “Live at home? No way. But, you’re right. I should get going. It’s 6 and I need to make dinner.” Mi Cha grabbed her coin purse and stood-up.

       “Here. I’ll send you home. Just incase.” He winked, grabbed their bag, and stood up with her and lead the way out.

     He opened the door for her as she stepped out into the dark, deserted street. She explained she lived only a couple blocks away. They walked in silence. The only noise was the rustling of the plastic bag their hoodies were in. She stopped infront of the gate of her villa.

       “Ummmmm… Thanks.” She said with a smile.

       “No problem. Here, take this.” He said as he handed her a hoodie.

       “Oh no,” she said, pushing his hand away, “It’s alright, you paid with it. Give it to your girlfriend.”

       “Ahahahaha, I don’t have one. Take it. It’s a souvenir from today.” He smiled.

       “Ummmmm… Alright…” She hesitated as she received the hoodie.

       “Well, goodbye. I hope we meet again.” He said a little depressed as he turned around.

       “What’s your number?” Mi Cha blurted out, not want to see him go.

       “Oh! Errrrrrrrrr, here.” He handed Mi Cha his phone, and she handed him hers.

     Dongho and Mi Cha typed in each other’s numbers.

       “Does this look right?” He asked her as he showed her his phone screen.

       “Bwoh? Why does it say ‘My Little Robber’?”

       “You crashed into me and made me run away with you. I’m pretty sure everyone at the station thought you stole something. Plus, you practically stole an afternoon of my life.” Dongho told her with a smirk.

       “Aigoo. Goodnight.” She turned around, opened the gate, and walked into her home.

       “Sweet dreams.” He sighed. Turned away, and walked down the street and sat down at a bus stop.

 

    It’s been about a week since I last wrote to you. I still miss you and I think about you a lot.

    Write back soon.

  Love, Dongho.

 

 

 

 

 

-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-

The first real chapter is finally up! Hehehehehe... I hope you like it :)

 

 

Oh, and btw...

 

     The font changes during the story: Letter

                                                          Flashback

 

Comments are love. <3