: ۩ 1 ۩

❝ Cipher ▬ The Apartments ❞
dan_funderburgh_grand_cipher.jpg

CIPHER.
CHAPTER 1. 
LONDON.
 
 
 
"Gayun, FAX the residents the meeting time and place. Here, in the lobby, at 4:30. Specifically 4:30 because I have arrangements at 6:15. And can you please give me that list of people who are signing up for the secretary job? That's all." London said, rubbing her temples as she leaned back in her chair. 
"Yes ma'am." Gayun nodded, and left.
London searched her desk for an item and her eyes landed on her wallet. She picked it up and threw it across the room, trying to hit the stereo. R&B music started to fill the air and London smiled in satisfaction. 
"Okay. Time to read about these losers."
 
``
 
London watched as the elevator doors opened and her cousin walked out towards her. 
"Bonjour! My beautiful London. Comment allez-vous."
"Oh just sit down, Su HoonAnd why do you keep dying your hair? That's unhealthy, ya' know." London judged.
"It seduces the men. Once they see my hair, they immediately slam me against the wall and shove their-"
"Wonderful! It's good that you're... keeping fit these days." London interrupted.
Ding!
The elevator doors opened and London noticed her sister walking towards her, holding a bag of makeup.
"Unnie, here's the makeup that I promised to buy you. Better use it well! Oh, hey Su Hoon."
"Eun Ha, my second love! How is my other wonderful cousin?" Su Hoon exclaimed.
"I'm so tired these days. Studying kills you." 
London rolled her eyes and blocked their conversation out of her head. She stood up from her seat and searched for Gayun. 
"Gayun." 
Gayun screamed and turned around at the sudden voice. London rolled her eyes and ordered her to go grab a macchiato. When London returned to the lobby, she noticed two more people. 
Jin Hee sat in the corner of the room, with her earphones plugged in, while gently headbanging to the song. She made eye contact with London and greeted her with a timid smile. 
The other was Shizuka who sat in the very front row whose eyes were staring directly at her fingers on her lap. She slowly looked up as she felt someone staring. 
"Jin Hee." London called. Jin Hee looked up and London waved her over. Jin Hee slowly stood up and walked towards London. 
"Jin Hee, meet Hayashigawa Shizuka. Shizu, meet Lee Jin Hee." 
Shizuka waved shyly to Jin Hee whereas Jin Hee saluted. 
"You guys should talk. Get to know each other 'cuz you'll be living in the same building. Go on." London did a emotionless 'hwaiting' and walked away, trying to hold back her laugh from creating the most awkwardest couple. 
"London unnie!" 
London looked up to see Ae Seul running happily towards her.
"Hey darling. Where's your father?"
"Oh, he's just talking to some other guy. There he is!"
Ae Seul pointed to her father, In Ho, walking towards them while talking to the latest resident, Seo Woo Jin.
"So you're a author? That is actually pretty dope. Ya know, I expected you to be some cold, mean, 'I can kill you with one hand' type of guy but you're really cool. We should hang out more." Woo Jin leaned against a table, which accidently made the vase that was standing on it fall off and smash on the ground.
The room quieted down and Gayun's faint scream could be heard from her London's office.
"That was not me." Woo Jin quickly said, rushing to sit down.
"Yeah, that was pretty smooth, man." In Ho joked, laughing as he sat down beside him, calling Ae Seul to sit down next to him.
"I'm sitting next to Jin Hee unnie!"
Conversations grew louder as everyone began to get to know each other.
"Okay." London interrupted. "I guess it's time to start the meeting."
 
 
MAIN: LONDON
RESIDENTS INCLUDED: IN HO, SU HOON, JIN HEE, EUN HA, SHIZUKA, WOO JIN.

CAMEO: GAYUN