First Day

You're Cute When You Smile [Jongkey Oneshot]

~May 28~

I slowly opened my eyes.

Where am I?

I looked around the room. This doesn't seem like my room...

"You're awake!" I looked over to my left to see Onew. 

OH YEAH. Wow... that wasn't all a dream?

"So, I wasn't dreaming?"

"No, silly!" He chuckled and began to put his school books into his backpack. "You should probably get ready now sleepyhead. It's good to get to the cafeteria early for breakfast, so we don't miss all the good food!" 

 

Onew and I walked to the cafeteria. I picked out a table for us and he ordered our food. On his way to our table with the tray, he almost slipped. 

"Wah!" I quickly got up and steadied him.

"You ok?"

"Yeah, haha. Sorry." He smiled and we sat down together. "Are you ready for your first day of school?"

I took a sip of my coffee. "Eh, not really." 

He smiled. He sure smiles a lot... "Don't worry! If you ever need help, just ask me. Seoul Academy is pretty fun once you get used to it." 

I nodded and he smiled again. We sat in silence as we ate. 

All of a sudden, Onew fell. Oh my... what is up with this boy?

"Are you ok? You sure fall a lot..."

"Ahah, well it's mostly due to my psych."

"What is your psych, by the way?"

"I can phase!" He smiled big. 

"Whoa, so what does it allow you to do?"

"Pass through objects."

"Wah! Really?" 

"Yes. I'm still an intermediate, so at times I'll just fall through things. Like the chair, haha. You know, I was once assigned to a seat by the window. I was leaning against it while listening to the teacher's lecture, and guess what happened!"

"You fell through?" 

"Yep! Ahahah, and that room wasn't exactly on the first floor either..." He winced remembering what had happened. 

My eyes grew wide. Seeing my shocked expression, he smiled. "But don't worry! I'm fine, as you can see." I smiled at him this time. 

*bell rings*

"Oh, I've gotta get to class~ I'll see you later, Key!" He waved goodbye and walked through the wall.

What... it's going to take me a while to get used to this school...

 

What was my room number again? 4A? Sigh... I have the worst memory. 

I stood in front of 4A's door. "I hope I'm not wrong..."

I turned the door handle and walked in. I looked around and sitting at one of the desks was...

"Key!" He waved at me. 

"Hi, Taemin!" I walked over to him and sat in the vacant seat next to him. "Is this seat taken?"

"Nope. No one sits there. Wow, he looks really nice today..."

I smiled. "Thanks." 

He blushed. "Oh yeah, I forgot. You're telepathic. Please excuse my thoughts at times, haha..." He sat there akwardly, but I ruffled his hair. 

"Don't worry about it."

Everyone soon began to file into the classroom, and class begun. 

 

As the teacher began his lesson, I noticed the seat on Taemin's right wasn't occupied. 

I whispered to him, "Does anyone sit there?" I pointed to the seat and he nodded.

"Jjong sits there. But he's probably late to class... as usual."

All of a sudden, there was a flash of bright light. As the smoke cleared away, I noticed that Jjong was now sitting in his seat. 

"Mr. Kim." The teacher had his arms folded. "Can't you be early at least one time this semester?" 

"Sorry! I'll do better next semester!" He grinned at the teacher and I chuckled quietly. 

I guess he heard because Jjong looked over at me and winked. I blushed a little. 

 

*bell rings*

Taemin sighed. "Ah, finally it's lunchtime!" 

My stomach growled.

"I see someone's hungry!" Jjong laughed.

"You want to sit with us at lunch today?" Taemin smiled. 

"Nah, it's ok. I'm promised Onew I would sit with him today."

"Ah, I see... I'll see you later then, ok?" 

I nodded and he waved goodbye. I packed up my supplies and headed out of the classroom.

I met up with Onew in the cafeteria. As usual, he had a bright smile on his face. 

"How are your classes so far?" 

"Good!" I slurped up my noodles. 

"So, you have your psych class next. Are you nervous?" 

"Yeah.. I feel like I won't be able to control this..."

"Ah, don't worry! It takes time. I'm still an intermediate and you can see that I'm nowhere near learning how to master my psych, haha."

The bell rang and I threw away our trash. 

"Thanks, Key! Good luck at your psych class!"

 

"Everyone sit with your partners for the activity!" I looked around as everyone got into their pairs. The teacher walked up to me. "Since there's an uneven amount of students, I'll be your partner." I nodded and we walked over to his desk. I sat opposite of him. 

"Ok, I want you to focus really hard. Try to block my thoughts from your head. Basically, think of something and focus on that one thing."

I tried.

And tried.

..... and tried. 

But I couldn't block the teacher's thoughts from my head. 

"Ah, it's ok. I know it's hard and it takes time, but soon enough, you'll progress." He put a hand on mine and smiled. 

"Thanks, teacher." 

 

I made my way up to my dorm room and bumped into someone along the way. I looked up at the person's face to see Jjong. 

"Hiya, Key!" 

I smiled. 

"How was your first day?" 

"It went pretty good." 

"I'm glad." He patted my head. "You're lucky since you transferred here so late."

"Why's that?" 

"It'll be summer break soon! Aren't you excited!" 

"Oh, I must have forgotten about that..." 

He chuckled. "Every summer, we take the train and go to the mall. It's really fun!" 

"That does sound nice." 

"Yep!" He gave me a hug which took me by surprise. 

"Well, night! I'll see you in class tomorrow?"

I nodded and he disappeared in flash. I coughed as the smoke cleared. 

 

Like with controlling my psych, it's going to take a while for me to get used to Seoul Academy...

---------------------------

Ah, sorry guys >< I have some intense writer's block going on... and I'm SUPER lazy T-T  

and sorry this chapter is super BORING ;~; but don't worry, I will make up for it. sorry T____T