The Archers III

The Archers
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

It was about to start…the competition…but this time, he's fighting alone…not as a team…not as a member of MBLAQ…but simply as Thunder…as Cheondung, the Archer.

 

He drew a deep breath…he had been practicing for this. His family and friends, the MBLAQ members, has given him encouraging words before the competition but yet he still feel something is amiss.

 

Thus, to keep from being nervous he decided to take a walk for a minute.  Even though he knew that his mind and body is a bit tired due to his hectic schedule, in which he actually come from an activity before this, and just manage to arrived prior to the archery competition…No schedule can stop him to come because he really wanted to be here. He wanted to fight...and hope to finally win that aloof gold medal.     He started strolling by at the hallway and saw many idols walking by, entering and exiting from their waiting room. He smile, bowed and greeted some of them. Then, he finally arrived at the back parking lot, where the idols vehicles were parked. It is an open area, he looked up at the sky then looked at the few benches on the side, and he sat on one, leaned his back on the wall and just closes his eyes, hoping to have a semblance of peace just for a few minutes.

 

Once he closes his eyes, a reluctant memory appears on his mind…

 

“How are we going to work this out?” a sad voice said that pierce his heart and it continues, “I’m busy. You’re busy. Many things are at stake, all that we’ve work hard…the one’s we love and those who love us. How are we going to work this out?”

 

“I don’t know…I honestly, don’t know” he said in a hoarse voice.

 

“Then, this thing…we should not have started it then…”

 

“Do you think we shouldn’t have?”

 

A silence…then a sigh and a sob…that’s all he hear.

 

And finally, “I can’t imagine not being with you. I just can’t”

 

“Then, that “I don’t know” earlier…I’ll make it into “Trust me”.

 

“What do you mean?”

 

“Trust me. Trust me to make a way for it to work out. I’ll make it work…because I can’t imagine not being with you too.”

 

“I’ll trust you then…and Donggie…I love you”

 

The worries on his heart disappeared. Just a word…it’s just a word but it can make his whole world shine. He smiled. “I love you too”

 

“Shoot some arrows for me, will you?” the voice has a teasing tone this time which made him smile from ear to ear.

 

“I will”

 

“Bye, take care.”

 

“You, too…Be safe.”

 

  Cheondung opened his eyes slowly and drew a deep breath. This time, all the nervous energy that he had earlier has changed into a determination. He has a goal today…and nothing can stop him from achieving that goal. Today is just a way to be one step closer to his many dreams…and he’s glad to have been given the opportunity…a chance to earn that gold.

 

He rise up and finally manage a genuine smile. He started walking back to the where he was earlier and before stepping into the main stadium he whispered. “I will”

 

  After the competition,

 

  “So, how does it feel to win?”

 

Cheondung quickly looked behind him to confirm the person who had asked him. He smiled and bowed at her in greeting. “Genuinely happy”

 

She laughed at his answer.

 

They are in the waiting room and he was just waiting for his manager to wrapped things up before leaving when she walks by the room.

 

“I’m sorry that you did not win gold today” he said, teasing her playfully.

 

She smiled back at him and laughed a little. “Silver is still a win”

 

He nodded in agreement. “Hhmm, that’s right. I have many silvers to prove that.”

 

Both of them laughed at their words. Clearly, understanding the meaning of it all to themselves.

 

“So, are you alright, Bora-sshii?”

 

Cheondung has wins many silver medals in group archery competition before finally winning the gold medal today at the solo archery competition while Bora has wins many gold medals in group competition and win only a silver at the solo archery competition today.

 

“I’m okay. I’m here to congratulate you, aren’t I?” she said teasingly.

 

“Yes, you’re here congratulating me. Thank you”

 

She nodded. “I just stopped by to see, how well you’re taking your win” she winked at him.

 

That made him laughed out loud. But then he said, “Pretty well, I guess” his face becomes serious when he said, “It’s different when you got a goal in mind.”

 

She gazes at him for a second and nodded in understanding. “Yes, it is.”

 

Cheondung regain his smile when he said, “Do you have plans? My friends and I will celebrate, want to come?”

 

“I would like that but I already have a next schedule for today…and that is sleeping at my bed.” She said smiling.

 

“Just your bed? You’re choosing your bed instead of me? Am I not your friend?” he said frowning dramatically, wanting to make her guilty for declining his invitation.

 

She laughed out loud at his reactions. They looked at each other for a second and then laugh at their silliness. Just then someone suddenly peaked at the waiting room door, another idol.

 

“You’re having a party here with me uninvited?”

 

“Come in…and no, we’re not having a party. Bora just uninvited herself at my party” Cheondung said grinning.

 

The male idol grinned back at Cheondung as he entered and close the doors.

 

“Ah…Sorry, Hyung. But it’s because of me…I’ve invited her first to my party.”

 

Cheondung looked back at Bora who has raised one of her eyebrow, obviously unaware of the first party she will attend to. But Cheondung understands the younger male’s message, he likes Bora.

 

“Okay, I concede. But the two of you owe me a party, alright?”

 

The male idol grinned at him.

 

Bora on the other hand just simply put her hands on her hips and said, “Wait, I did not agree on anything.” She met Cheondung’s gaze, “I’ll be going then. Congratulation, again” she smile and turned to leave.

 

“Wait for me, I’ll accompany you back. Congratulation, Hyung!” the male idol smile and wave as he followed Bora out of the room.

 

Cheondung was left dumb founded at the sudden leaving of his two friends though he could still hear the two voices from outside.

 

  “Why are you here, Dong Joon?”

 

“I just want to congratulate, Thunder Hyung too. Is that bad?”

 

“No, but what are you talking about a party you’ve invited me to? You didn’t invite me to a party. So, what’s with that?”

 

“Er…I was about to. Just now…would you like to come?”

 

“No. Just like what I told Cheondung-oppa, I need to go back home now.”

 

“Then, I’ll get you back home.”

 

“What’s the problem with you?”

 

“Me? I don’t have a problem. Do you?”

 

“Arrgghh…Fine, just… do what you want. I’ll go home now.”

 

“Am I annoying you?”

 

“You have no idea?”

 

“I’m a very likeable person.”

 

“I think so too…”

 

“But?”

 

“But you’re not, right now”

 

“What does that mean?”

 

“Figure it out on yourself”

 

“Why? ...when you can just tell me instead..”

 

“Huh? I don’t want to”

 

“Is it that bad?”

 

“No, you’re just annoying today”

 

“How?”

 

“Do you know that you’re a usually a silent person around me?”

 

“Yes, so?”

 

“And you’re not silent now.”

 

“Yes, because I’m talking to you.”

 

“So...what do I want to point out to you?”

 

“That I am a silent person?”

 

“Arggh...what do you want, Dong Joon?”

 

“Okay, I understand. I’ll say it to you then.”

 

“So, what is it?”

 

“I’ll say it when you agree to let me take you home.”

 

“I can’t. My manager will take me home.”

 

“Then, give me your phone.”

 

“I don’t have it with me. I left it at our waiting room.”

 

“Are you trying to avoid being with me?”

 

“No. I am here, aren’t I?”

 

Then, finally silence.

 

  Cheondung got curious when he can’t hear his friends conversation outside. Did they finally leave in front of our waiting room? Have they finally realized that I can hear all their conversation right now?

 

To satisfy his curiosity, he slowly open the door and got surprise when he saw both Bora and Dong Joon still standing in front of the door but just looking at each other.

 

Bora’s face is all red while Dong Joon’s was looking anywhere except at Bora. When the latter tried to hold her arms, she quickly took a step back then covered with her left hand and slowly took a step back as
Please log in to read the full chapter