#6: Nameless Memories_Part3

Timeless Memories

 

 

 

 

 

 

#6: Nameless Memories-Part 3

_April 2001_

A New Beginning

    It was my first day in Sukira Middle High School. The excitement was extraordinary since I’m going to meet my two lovely oppas there. How about the other two? They already in high school, so, I can’t see them as frequent as those two. But, since the two schools, were next two each other, the five of us can still meet on the way to school. Shindong oppa, Hyukjae oppa and I will go to school together and we’ll meet Sungmin oppa and Donghae oppa on the way and the five of us will walk together to school. Ah, the feeling is so refreshing since for two years in row I walked to school alone.

   It’s difficult to adjust to a new environment. I missed my old elementary school. However, as time passed by, I make a lot number of friends. My Hyukkie and Hae oppa helped me a lot too. Every day, we walked to school together and sometimes, they will go to my class to know how I’m doing and go for a break together. But, I didn’t expect that our closeness attracted other people’s attention. It puzzled me but then I got the answer. One day, someone approached me just after Hyukkie and Hae oppa left after we talked for a while outside my class.

“Gyuri ah, you really are close with Hyukjae and Donghae sunbae-nim?” The girl that asked me was Narsha. Although she seems like gossip girl, but she’s very nice and friendly. I felt really comfortable with her bubbly and funny characters. I nodded to her question.

“Why?”

“Wow, I envied you.”

“Why?”

“Well, one of the reason is they are in the list of popular guy in school.”

“Oh, really? They are?”

“Don’t tell me that you don’t know that both of your ‘oppas’ are popular in this school?” I shook my head. Actually, more or less, I knew about that, since those two oppas like to brag their popularity in school to me. Aigoo. But, I pretended that I don’t know because I wanted to know what they gonna say about those two saying popular guys.

“Are you kidding me? Lee Hyukjae and Lee Donghae, Haehyuk or also known as Lee Duo. They are the aces in dancing. They really good at dancing especially Hyukjae sunbaenim.” Someone interrupted us. It’s Gain. She sat at the chair beside Narsha.

“But of course,Donghae sunbaenim is more popular than him since he’s more good looking than him.” Narsha cut Gain back.

“But Hyukjae sunbaenim has his own admirer since he’s so cool when dancing and he’s very friendly, funny and cute too. And I’m one of his.” Gain squealed. Okay, clearly that both of them were my oppas’ fans.

  Well, it’s not a big surprised that Hae oppa is popular amongst girl because he was, ever since in elementary school. But, never expected Hyukkie oppa too if I didn’t heard it by my own. In my opinion, Hyukkie oppa might not as good looking as Hae oppa, but when you looked at him, he gives you the vibes of sweetness, cuteness and the more you look at him, the more you find him attractive. His friendliness is his major strong point. So, maybe that’s why he’s also quite popular within the opposite ?

Honestly speaking, I like staring at his face especially when he’s laughing. He looked too cute that it’s impossible for you to hate him. But, of course I kept that only in my heart and never told him. My ego is too high to be defeated. However, there’s a little uneasy feeling when I knew that some girls really admired him. My heart told me that I don’t like to see them looking at my Hyukkie oppa the way I look at him. It’s just weird that there’s another girl who close with him other than me.

~~~***~~~

   The school is over for the day. I walked slowly to our dancing club house on the next block. I wonder where Hae went because he disappeared as soon as the bell rang. Hope that he won’t miss our practice today. The performance day is just around the corner. I looked around. Someone caught my sight. It’s Gyul. Ah, now I remembered. She did say that she’s on duty every Wednesday. I saw her with plastic of trash on her right hand. She seems so happy chatting with her friends that she didn’t notice me. If I’m not mistaken, her name is Yoobin? Yeah, she said that name when she introduced her to us before.  

Just before I was able to approach them, I saw four ‘very’ familiar guys blocked their way. No other than that Chocoball Club members! Aish! I’m not sure why it’s called as Chocoball Club. Maybe it’s the short form from ‘chocolate’ which literally means hyper and adventures? I don’t know.  What I heard from the kids here that all the members are the AB blood type. Well, I’m not really care about them and their club anyway. My concern now, what their business with my Gyul is. Luckily, they were not that far from where I’m standing at this moment. I can hear their conversation clearly.

“Annyeong, freshmen.” It’s Kim Heechul who greeted them. The president and the originator of the Choco Club. His people called him as Heenim. He’s very straightforward but playful and flirty too. Some says he’s a playboy, since he got many girlfriends. I’m not sure if they mean girlfriends or girlfriends. I’m not that close to them, so I don’t know.

“Annyeonghasayo, sunbaenim.”

“You are Park Gyuri and Kim Yoobin, right?” He pointed at Gyul first then to her friend. So, he knew them. I wonder how? It’s only a few weeks since they entered this school.

Both of them nodded.

“Hmmm, look like they didn’t lie about this.” I noticed he’s staring at Gyul and then look at his friends behind him. The three of them nodded.

“Eh?”

“I heard that many people were bragging your beauty. So I wanted to look it by myself. It’s true that you are beautiful.” Okay, so he complimented Gyul. Surely she felt like heaven now. She really likes it when people complimenting her beauty. That’s our Gyul. Paradoxically, that’s not what happened. She didn’t show any pleasant or happy with the praise, but show a big question mark face on the statement.

“I heard also that your blood type is AB, am I right?”

“Yes.”

“So, do you want to join our club?” Lee Hongki interrupted and asked Gyul eagerly.

“No, and if you don’t mind sunbaenim, we need to go now. Sorry.” I can say that Gyul really uncomfortable with that situation.

“Eeh, wait! What’s with the hurry?” Simon D took his turn to speak up. Gyul and Yoobin tried to avoid them and wanted to walk away, but the four of them make a circle around them. Now, now, should I go there and save them? I think I’ll wait here and see where the ‘free drama’s’ going. I believed Gyul can handle this situation pretty well.

“Yeah, what’s with the hurry? Don’t you want to know more about our club, and us?” It’s Yong Jun Hyung. If I’m not mistaken, he’s a freshmen as Gyul too.

“We’re the wanted guys you know. Everyone wants to become part of our members, but as you know, not all people can.” The proud Hongki spoke.

“And you, one in thousand that are chosen.” And Heechul said while pointed at Gyul.

“Thank you but sorry, I’m not interested. Now, please let us go.” I detected annoyance in Gyul’s voice but she’s tried to hide it since they’re facing their sunbae. Yoobin who beside her kept quite without a single word and held her hands tightly.

“Aigoo, you’re just freshmen and yet you’re so arrogant.” Hongki whining but heechul gave him warning through his eyes to stop speaking and let him do the talking. Gyul didn’t let this chance away and tried once more time to escaped, but failed.

“Fine, if you don’t want. We’re a nice people who will never force others.”

“But in one condition.” Uh-oh, I sniffed trouble here.

“What?”

“You need to kiss me.”

“What?”

“You heard me. Give me a kiss. Then I’ll let you go.” Oh, s***, that Kim Heechul! That’s too much! Who did he think he is?

“Oh, hyung! Why only you? Me too.”

“Me three.”

“Me four.” I won’t let them this time.  I need to interfere. I walked to them. But, Gyul’s word make me stopped.

“Kiss? You wanted me to kiss all of you? Then, you’ll let us go?” All of them nodded like a little puppies. Gyul sighed. I saw Yoobin whispered to her; worrying what action will Gyul take, maybe. But, Gyul patted her hands to ensure that nothing to worry about.

“Sunbaenim,” She called their name softly. Heechul, Hongki, Simon and Junhyung smiled widely.

“Do you want me to hit you with this trash?” Yes, it’s Park Gyuri’s time. I like the way she yelled at them and seems like they were dumbfounded by her sudden temper.

“Ah, bwoya (what)?”

“Yah, is this how you treated your seniors?”

“I don’t care. What kind of seniors who did this to their juniors?”

“Yah, no matter what, we’re your upper classman. You need to respect us.”

“Aigoo, respect other people first before you asked them to respect you.” And with that, she succeeded escaping from them. Good job, Gyul!

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________

My_note: me, myself not very satisfied with this chapter. but, next time i'll try my best..n i know, narsha is way older than them, but i like her and her characters that i wanted to put it in the ff.. :p