When I Was Your Man

When I Was Your Man

My relationship with Seohyun lately became complicated. We always fought into small things, like my habits in life. She always says " Kris stop doing that and that " blah blah blah. I hate it, a total nagger, she's like my mom. We fought one time about my smoking, partying and drinking beers. I got tired and frustrated with that. That day, I broke up with her.

Weeks after we broke up, Seohyun kept bugging me. Sending me texts, emails, voice messages, calls and even tried to approach me but I always shoved her away. When one day I decided to talked to her.

" What do you want? " I asked her.

" Can we talk? " she asked.

" We are already talking. Tss. " I said and smirked.

" I'm sorry Kris I am. Sorry if I crossed the line, I'm sorry. Could we....start again? " she asked and tears started to fall from her face.

" There's no and start between us from now on. I'll have my life and yours too. You know what? I got tired plus you're boring. It bores me alot and if we ever meet in school please don't look at me or talk like we've met before " I answered her.

" Kris..... " she held my hand.

" Let go, I don't need you " I left her alone. I could hear her voice calling my name but I didn't mind to look back.

 

" Dude, your phones ringing " my bestfriend Chanyeol told me.

" Nah! Those are just group messages " and continued playing NBA 2K13 on my PS3.

" Dude I think you better check it out. I'll pause the game and get some chips "

Chanyeol went down and I slam my body on the bed, I got my phone and saw 10 missed calls, 3 voice mails, 6 notifications  of messages from my FB and 1 one text, all came from Seohyun. What does she want anyway. We already broke up. I clicked the voice mails.

|       Hey, can we talk?

What does she want?

|       Hey, do you have a time? Can we talk?

Oh, gosh.

|   Uhmmm okay, I'll stop. I guess I'm flooding your phone right now.

Yes, you are.

|     But I just want us to talked although we already did but I wanna make things clear. If I've done something wrong or anything please tell me.

            I don't have to tell you something.

|       I'll be waiting you, same place 7 PM. I love you Kris....always.

 

Should I go or not? Arggggggggggh!

" Mom, I'll be out for awhile. "

Exactly 7PM. I saw Seohyun walking towards the meeting place. 9:30 PM I didn't showed up. Then 11:00 O'clock came, still I didn't showed up. I saw Seohyun....still waiting for me, then my phone rang.

|         Uhmmmm, did you came? Sorry if you waited for 4hours sorry I wasn't able to text you earlier, I had an emergency. Again, I am sorry. I guess                 this is a sign, Goodbye Kris, take care. I Love you.

 

Seohyun and I broke up, mutually.

 

Time passed. Many events came, basketball championship and we won, retreats, fieldtrips, parties, even our graduation. Now, I'm a college student at  Wabbit University. I had been changing girlfriends since then and the last time I checked, my last relationship only lasted a day. She's terrible and tly. I've met alot of friends, one of them is Lay, we hang out together because of him I met Hyun. Hyun is my new girlfriend and I'm serious with her, we've been for 5months together now.

" Hey Babe "

" Babe " I gave her a kiss. That's Hyun my girlfriend. Dated her for a year and we've been together for 5months.

" Gosh babe! I think I'm gonna die -___- "

" No don't babe! Don't leave me " I said hysterically.

" Not that you dum dum " and she gave a poke on the forehead....suddenly I remembered.

 

" So if you're going to transpose this number to the other number then add the variable x and y. Got it? "

" Got it "

" Enk! Enk! Enk! Enk! Enk! Zero "

" EH? I solve it just the way you explain "

" Ah, really? Does writing my name and I love yous here are included? "

" Well sort of " Seohyun pokes my head.

" Do it again! "

 

" Babe, are you fine? "

" Huh? A yes, yes. I am. "

" There's your friend. Hey Lay " Hyun shouted.

" Hey! Yo dude! "

" Dude remember the girl I'm talking to you? "

" Ah yes. Why? "

" She's my girlfriend now "

" Woah! Congrats! " Lay has been my friend since I came to Wabbit. He's been talking stories about this girl who he met 3years ago and fate brought them together. Sounds gay right? But I didn't know who she was even her name. I think she's kind.

" So when are we going to met her? "

" Soon. Maybe on the party? "

 

What's taking her so long? Geez. I want to surprise my girlfriend, I've bought flowers, Peony was her favorite.

" Uhmmm, excuse me? Where's the guidance office? " goosebumps went up my spine.

" K---ris? "

" Seo---hyun? "

" Ah....it's been awhile " she smiled.

" Ah. Ne. It's been awhile " I smiled back.

" Babe sorry for making you wait....babe? "

" Huh? Ah...it's okay "

" Who's she? "

" Uhmm, I was asking for directions....weres the guidance office? " and my girlfriend told her the directions.

" Thanks. By the way, nice flowers " It's your favorite and she left.

 

At the party...

" Yah! Zhang Yixing, where's the special girl? "

" She'll be here. Oh there she is " -Lay

" Guys meet my girlfriend "

" Oh. Your the girl from yesterday. "

" Yes. I'm Seohyun :) " what?! She's what?!

" Hi, I'm Hyun. Nice to meet you and his Kris my boyfriend "

" Hi Kris " Seohyun smiled and handed her hand, I accepted it.

 

I felt goosebumps all over my body. Seohyun who was sitting beside me (a/n: the table is sqaure that's why the sitting arranget where Kris-Hyun-Lay-Seohyun). We talked, laughed. Lay's talking on how he met Seohyun...again, how he they start dating and how did Seohyun said yes to him. Psh!

 

" Excuse me " I excused myself and went to the bathroom.

 

I brushed off my hair. I don't know suddenly I was frustrated. Sht! I punch the tiles.

" Dude, are you fine? "

" Ah. Yes, just a little tired "

" Hey, everyone's dancing in slow music, Hyun's waiting for you " Lay patted me and left.

 

" Kris, are you fine? Lay said you're tired " Hyun asked with a worried voice.

" I'm fine. Shall I dance my princess tonight? " I handed my hand to her and Hyun gladly accepted it.

 

We headed to the dance floor, everyone was dancing...in slow music, I could see couples and teachers too. Wonderful tonight by Eric Clapton was playing. I looked Hyun into her eyes, played her hair, I held her waist and whispered " You look wonderful, babe " which made her giggle. " I love you " she whispered. We stayed for long, dance to 2 or 3 songs. My eye caught something which made my heart broke. The girl I used to dance with at party, is dancing with another man happily. I should be happy Lay's my friend and Seohyun's happy. Then Lay came.

 

" Can I dance with my bestfriend? " he asked.

" Oh. I would love too " then I left Hyun to him.

 

After the party, I was feeling unsure. I didn't go to school for weeks. Hyun's been calling me but didn't bother to answer her calls. The moment Seohyun showed up again in my life were incredible, I enjoyed when she hangs out with us but then again I thought this is wrong which yes, it is. I need to cleanse my soul so I went up to where we used to meet. In the cafe near in my old school.

 

This isn't just a cafe. Actually this is a cafe spa, they offer everything, more life cafe spa. I think deeply, on what should I do. Before I didn't go to school I acted up strangerly and Hyun noticed it, we fought and fought everytime, so she decided to have space between us and I guess I need it also so I agreed.

 

" You haven't changed "

" Oh "

" How are you? "

" I'm fine. You? "

" I'm.....happy " she answered.

" Good to hear " then silenced betweened us.

 

I don't know how to start a conversation with her. I mean after what I've done. I know, I know. This must be sound crazy but this past few days I kept thinking of her—Seohyun. As time goes by, it made me realize that I am not happy. That there's something in me which I felt...incomplete.

 

" Ah. So, how's you and her? "

" We....ahhhh. Fine I guess "

" Ah. I see. "

" Stop lying. " she said.

 

I sound selfish in my mind, suddenly I want her.

 

" Seo, are you really happy now? "

" Huh? Is that a question or? " I gave her my infamous glare. " Okay, okay /laughs/ Yes. I am " ouch! /3

" I see "

" How about you? "

" I don't know I guess. I am "

" Y---you're not sure? Kris...you should be happy "

" Should I? "

 

¤ Same bed, but it feels a little bit bigger now. Our song on the radio but it don't the same. When our friends talk about you all it does is just tear me down. Cause my hearts break a little when I hear your name. And it all just sounds like, uh uh uh....too young, to dumb, to realize. That I should have brought you flowers and held your hand, should have get you all my hours, when I had a chance, take you to every party, cause all you wanted to do was dance, now my baby's dancing, but she's dancing with another man. ¤

 

" Seo....I can't be happy...with her "

" Kris, you can trust yourself. I trust you "

" What if I'll hurt her..... "

" You are now hurting her Kris. Hyun told me everything. She knows "

" She knows? " Seohyun nodded. " How about Lay? "

" Yep, he knows too but understands it. It's just Hyun who doesn't, funny but she's angry at me "

" She what?! She can't blame you, you're out of this! "

" But it's fine, I understand her so please Kris fix this thing soon and say sorry to Hyun "

" I can't not now. I've realized something "

 

¤ My pride, my ego, my needs and my selfish ways. Caused a good strong woman like to walk out of my life. Now I never, never to get clean uo all the mess I made. Oh it hunts me everytime I close my eyes. It all just sounds like. uh uh uh too young, too dumb to realize. That I should bought you flowers and held your hand. Should have gave you all my hours, when I had the chance, take you to every party, cause all you ever wanted to do was dance, now my baby's dancing but she's dancing with another man. ¤

 

" Realized what? "

" I still love and I've always had. Seo,.....I want you back " I know sound selfish and crazy but man I still love her.

" Kris....I---I'm happy now "

" I know, I know but it would be more happy if we'll be together again "

" That's your happiness Kris not mine. I----I'm sorry but I'm perfectly happy....but not with you "

 

But not with you...

But not with you...

But not with you...