A little more on my history with...

나비~Butterfly

HI! (⌒▽⌒) 

A/N: Finally finished this after deleting and retyping a paragraph. Listened to three songs on repeat. And on other good news my orders of the EXO album came in! And well anyway... Hope you enjoy this chapter. I'm sorry if you get disappointed with it. I don't think I did that good of job on this one. Anyway, don't forget to leave comments on your thoughts and what you hope happens next. And thank you for subscribing! ENJOY!


 

It was already midnight and I told my family and Kyungsoo's parents I would stay. Chanyeol didn't want to leave either but he had to take his little brother back home. I told him I would wait here until he got back. I still felt really guilty but focused on hoping for Kyungsoo to heal quickly.
 
“You don't deserve this to happen to you.” I whispered to myself as I stood beside his bed and watched him. “I'm forever grateful that you saved me but you got hurt because of it... I can't forgive myself for that.” I felt the tears threatening to spill. “I know it's not entirely my fault but I was the one who didn't see the car coming our way. I almost lost you. I don't know what I would do with out, Kyungsoo.” I grabbed his hand and then my knees gave out. I, once again, started to cry silently and almost wanted to scream but held back from doing it.
 
I heard the door open and close then looked up to see Chanyeol. I got up quick, let go of Kyungsoo's hand, wiped at my face, and tried to force a smile on my face.
 
“You need to stop Amber.” He sighed and walked up to me. I wish he hadn't now I have to stretch my neck more.
 
“Stop what?” I asked confused on what exactly I needed to stop. 
 
“Beating yourself up. What happened to Kyungsoo isn't your fault. It's the drivers fault. Soo saved your life. He wanted to. He knew the risk of getting in the way. Please Amber. Don't blame yourself for something that you didn't cause. I know Kyungsoo would hate to know that's what you're doing.” 
 
I let his words sink in for a moment then let out a breath, “I know. I just feel so bad for him. He doesn't deserve this.”
 
Chanyeol laid a hand on my shoulder, “It's true that he doesn't, but he will get better soon. I know he will.”
 
I nodded and turned to grab Kyungsoo's hand again. -I'm so sorry Kyungsoo. An angel like you doesn't deserve to be hurt.- I bowed my head and then heard huffing.
 
“A-A... A-A-A...” I looked up from the ground and saw Kyungsoo's mouth opening and closing.
 
Chanyeol walked to the other side and leaned his ear in closer. I did the same and then heard it again. Kyungsoo was trying to speak.
 
~
 
The next morning I was woken up by Kyungsoo's mother as she smiled and thanked me for staying the night to watch over her son. I smiled and told her that it was mine and Chanyeol's duty as his friends to be here for him at such a moment. She smiled again and hugged me. 
 
“Thank you for bringing so much happiness to our son. I know we didn't meet till yesterday but Kyungie never stops writing to us about you. You're really special to him.” She had said to me and again I felt like I could cry from her words
 
“He's trying to speak again.” I said.
 
Her eyes widened and she held a hand over as it fell open from shock. “The doctor told us that he might not get his voice back even if he tries. I never told him that... I'm hoping the doctor is wrong and that with hard work Kyungie can get his voice back.”
 
I felt so happy that his parents hadn't given up hope that he would be able to speak again. Without their support I don't think he would even find the will to actually try to put effort into learning to speak again.
 
-Kyungsoo, fighting.-
 
~
 
Kyungsoo finally woke up a few hours before he was to leave but then they asked to keep him there for one more night. The doctor didn't want him to go home till the cut was a little bit healed, it was still bleeding a bit. 
 
Chanyeol was taking a nap since most of the night he spent it awake. I had tried to get him to sleep but he wouldn't until he could talk to Kyungsoo. And passed out as soon as he did. 
 
“Kyungsoo.” He turned to look at me as he put his book down. “Thank you.”
 
He tilted his head and gave me a confused look.
 
“For pushing me out the way of that car.” I grabbed his hand in both of mine. “Thank you.”
 
He smiled and shook his hand out of mine to reach over and grab his notebook that he writes in and start to write. 
 
He handed it over to me, ‘Anything for my best friend. I'm glad you and Chanyeol are here.’
 
I smiled at him, “Suho told my parents that he'd come over after school. He's going to try and get out early.”
 
Kyungsoo's face brightened a little more and nodded his head.
 
Just when I was about to say something the door opened and in came Chanyeol's little brother, running to his sleeping brother's side. He shook his brother until Chanyeol snorted in surprise and almost fell off as he yelled, “I'm awake! I'm awake!”
 
The little huffed and looked back at the door and when I looked back to see what, or who, he was looking at, I regretted even looking. Staring at me was Kris, the last person I ever wanted to see in my life. 
 
Chanyeol perked up as he saw his brother and then Kris at the door. “Sehunnie! Kris! What're you doing here?”
 
Kris turned to Chanyeol and walked a little more in, “Sehun-ah here called me to take him to you. I haven't heard of you in almost a week so I didn't know where you were but he told me.” He turned to Kyungsoo. “I'm sorry for your accident. I hope you heal well.” 
 
Kyungsoo smiled and nodded.
 
Chanyeol spoke up, “Oh! Amber! Meet Sehun. Sehun meet my friend Amber.” Chanyeol turned his little brother around.
 
I smiled and bowed my head at him, “Nice to meet you, Sehun-ah.”
 
The boy blushed and bowed in greeting. “Nice to meet you too.” He looked back at his brother, “Noona is even prettier than Kris hyung and you said she was.”
 
Chanyeol's eyes widened and he clamped a hand over his brother's mouth and mouthed an apology at me.
 
I laughed and went over to sit beside Chanyeol, but as I passed Kris to get there I felt his eyes on me. Made me a little uncomfortable. I pulled Sehun away from Chanyeol and had him sit in my lap.
 
“So you think I'm pretty?” I asked with a smile on my face, that I hoped didn't make me look weird.
 
Sehun nodded and I looked at him closely. He didn't look anything like his brother. One thing was true though, they're both very handsome. Sehun looked like he would be a heartbreaker when he grew up. 
 
I turned to Chanyeol, “Are you sure he's your brother?” I asked jokingly.
 
Chanyeol laughed, “Everyone asks that all the time. Yes we are brothers. Same Mom and Dad.”
 
I looked back between them, “I still don't see it. I would think he was probably Junmyeon's brother.”
 
Chanyeol lightly nudged me, “Yah! This is my baby brother!”
 
I laughed and saw a smile light up Sehun's face. I smiled even more and hugged him, “Aigoo! So cute! I just want to keep you forever!”
 
Chanyeol laughed even more and so did Sehun and looked towards Kyungsoo to see him smiling too.
 
“Sehun I promised your Mom to bring you home in an hour. We need to go or she's going to kill me.” Kris said from the door.
 
Sehun pouted and wrapped his arms around me, “I don't want to go yet. I want to stay with hyung and noona.” He whined.
 
“You have to go Sehunnie or Mom won't let you go to your dance lessons anymore and you won't get to see your friends.” Chanyeol said as he took Sehun off me and pushed him towards Kris.
 
Sehun nodded, still pouting. 
 
Chanyeol smiled and waved at him, as Sehun waved back. “I'll be home tonight, alright?”
 
Sehun nodded and walked out. Kris waved at all of us, “Bye Chanyeol. Get well Kyungsoo.” He stared at me for a second then smiled a little, “Bye, Amber.”
 
I didn't say bye like the other two did. I just stared after him and as the door shut I felt a tear run down my face. Then someone was wiping it away.
 
“Why do you cry Amber?” Chanyeol asked beside me.
 
“How much do you know about my story with Kris?” I answered his question with another question.
 
I looked at him and he looked back with sad eyes. “I know enough but he never goes into detail.” He replied.
 
I sighed, “Of course he wouldn't. He hasn't changed, always keeping secrets."
 
Chanyeol opened his mouth but I interrupted him, “I used to think we would be together forever. I was probably to young to think that but I still did. It was stupid. My cousin liked him. She would talk to me about how they would spend everyday together and she knew he liked her. She'd bring him over and hated that whenever she wanted to talk to him he would talk to me instead. She would tell me to stay away but I didn't care. I just wanted to be his friend more than anything, or so I thought.” I felt the tear fall from my eye and wiped it away with my sleeve. “On my last day in Canada, my aunt told me I had a visitor. I went down the stairs and saw her and Kris there. They were talking... about me. She was begging for him to say he loved her. He had told her that they were already over.” I laughed bitterly. “I didn't even know they dated. I never realized that had a thing for each other. He kissed her. I saw them kiss. She had looked over his shoulder at me and pressed him closer to her.” I knew I was crying now and didn't hold back the tears anymore. “She knew everything. She knew what she was doing. She had planned it all. I wanted to forget it all. My heart grew cold after that day. I've never had a boyfriend. I don't think I ever want one.” I choked back a sob. “Happily ever after's don't exist in the real world.”
 
Chanyeol pulled me close to him and hugged me after I said it all. “I'm sorry.” He sighed, “Happily ever after's may not exist but happiness does. Your guy is out there somewhere.”
 
I looked over at the bed Kyungsoo was on and he smiled faintly at me, I returned it with one of my own.
 
I knew that as long as I had friends like these two I would be happy. 
 
~
 
“I'm here!” I heard a cheery voice and turned away from my homework to face the figure standing at the door. It was Junmyeon, and he looked a little sweaty. Chanyeol was once again sleeping after getting help on his schoolwork with Kyungsoo. 
 
I smiled and walked up to him, “Welcome Junmyeon. Glad you could come!”
 
Junmyeon hugged me, which startled me. “I'm glad you're okay.” He said softly in my ear then let me go and walked to Kyungsoo's side.
 
I closed the door and calmed my rapidly beating heart and turned to see Junmyeon and Kyungsoo conversing but Kyungsoo looked a little upset. I went to his side and felt his head for a temperature but he didn't seem to have a fever. He gave me a weird look when I did that.
 
“Are you feeling any pain?” I asked.
 
He shook his head.
 
As I was going to ask what had him upset, Junmyeon interrupted me, “He's having lady issues.”
 
I smiled at Kyungsoo and hugged him, or as much as I could with him laying on a bed, “Aw! That's so cute! Who is she? Is she in our class? Have I seen her before?”
 
Kyungsoo looked at Junmyeon with what seemed to be pleading eyes. Junmyeon smiled sheepishly at me, “Um... I don't even know who she is. Like he tells me about her but never points her out. I've tried, trust me. He wants to keep her a secret. Doesn't want another Jinri thing to happen again.”
 
“Jinri is stupid.” 
 
Junmyeon and I turned to see Chanyeol already up. I looked at Kyungsoo and patted his arm, “Don't worry. You should confess when you're ready. I bet she won't say no to a guy like you. And I hope she isn't like Jinri.”
 
Kyungsoo wrote on the notebook in his lap and handed it to me, ‘She isn't. She's a million times better than any girl at school.’
 
I smiled and then we continued talking with each other, more like Chanyeol and Junmyeon talked since they were in the same class and grade and their graduating soon. I passed notes with Kyungsoo as the other two talked about the plans for the ceremony and stuff. 
 
‘I forgot to tell you. We're having a birthday party for Junmyeon next week at Chanyeol's parents house. Want to help us?’ Kyungsoo wrote to me.
 
I nodded and wrote back, ‘Just tell me what I should do.’
 
‘Get Junmyeon to Chanyeol's house.’
 
I nodded once more and threw a thumbs up at him.