Chapter 4

Hide or Madness

Finally, another update.... It's been a while, huh?

Sorry for not updating. I'm kinda busy with my holiday (i travel a lot) and i'm stuck with the story. I need some time to think again about this chapter, and now i'm ready with the story.

Hope you guys enjoy.

==~==

Shinwoo grab his phone lazily, and looking at the time. It's already 12.30 AM. He mumbles.

"Can't sleep. Dammit"

He look at the window; people were already in their deep sleep and silence-- but not him. He has so many thoughts in his head, especially about last night. After that freakin' news.

He remember Chansik's face; he was frightened. His face becomes pale

"Hyung, that was scary"

"Yeah"

"I mean-- how can someone murder a innocent person like that?? It's so unfair!"

"But that's life, Chansik"

"But hyung..... It makes me really pissed off...."

Chansik was worried. Shinwoo knows it, but he didn't says it. He knew it from Chansik's expression.

"Hyung...."

"Keep calm first, Chansik"

".... Okay......"

Shinwoo look up. He remember one thing that make him really can't sleep like this

"... Hyung...."

"... Yes?"

"I'm worried about us, hyung..."

"? Why?"

Shinwoo grabs his blanket and cover his whole body with it. He tried to forget about Chansik's last words before the conversation ends. But he can't.

"I'm worried if the killer is near us"

_*_*_*_*_***_*_*

Shinwoo's classmates was really busy about gossiping the murder. Some says that it was a middle school students, a high-school students, one of the seniors, and many others. Shinwoo didn't want to join their conversation, because it wasn't necessary for him to talk about dead people.

"Hey"

Shinwoo look aside. Jinyoung was already sit beside him.

"Hey, Jinyoung" Shinwoo replied with a smile "You see the news?"

"Yep" said Jinyoung while putting his bag under his table

"Ah, i see"

"Why you ask that?"

Shinwoo shrugged. Jinyoung rolled his eyes, and then the class started.

The first class is the sports class, or you can said it as PE class. Today's class was a soccer class, and to be honest-- Shinwoo wasn't really good at Sports.

Doing some trials with the balls, Shinwoo got bad result. But the 3rd worst was Jinyoung's, and Shinwoo was surprised about that. Sunwoo got the 2nd best-- lucky for him, Shinwoo thought.

Shinwoo was having a time sitting in a chair near the soccer field. Sunwoo suddenly shown up from Shinwoo's back, and Shinwoo was shocked a little. Sunwoo laughs

"Hey, Shinwoo-- don't daydreaming here!" he said while giving a ounch in Shinwoo's back. "If you need some help at sports, i'm gonna help you out"

Shinwoo smiles. "Thanks, Sunwoo"

"No problem" he replied "That's what friends are, right?"

Shinwoo paused a bit, but then he nodded. As Sunwoo goes with the other boys and plays soccer, Shinwoo thought about what Sunwoo said: Friends are really there to help each other. But to be connected by what Chansik's says yesterday, it can say that friends may hurt us-- or like a 'back-stabber'. Shinwoo never like a back-stabber, and that statement saves him until now.

Jinyoung sat beside him. His eyes was wondering around Shinwoo's little face

"Yah, Shinwoo"

Shinwoo tilt his head, looking at Jinyoung.

"We were bad at sports, huh" Shinwoo stated.

Jinyoung just nodded. Then Shinwoo look at Jinyoung again.

"Jinyoung...." He was busy tailing over Jinyoung's beautiful face. Shinwoo just can't help it, anyway. "..... Why are you so quiet?"

Jinyoung tilt his head. Shinwoo continues

"I'm not the one that was curious about that-- Sunwoo was the one who curious about that"

"Why he didn't ask me?"

"Don't know"

Jinyoung paused. He looked down, but managed to look up and meet Shinwoo's eyes again.

"Because i like silence"

Shinwoo doesn't really understands about that, but Jinyoung was already leaving him before he can asked about it.

'Because i like silence' .....? what kind of statement is that? Shinwoo thought as he looks up to the sky. But he leaves his question unanswered.

__*_*_*_***_*_*___*

"Okay Sandeul, stop talking about that dead body again"

At the lunchtime, Shinwoo and his friends (minus Jinyoung) were having lunch at the exact same spot as 2 days ago. Sandeul that was talking about the yesterday's murder and Sunwoo was trying to stop him.

"Why i should stop, ?" Sandeul replied "It was a ing great news and it rarely happened to students"

"But it was a hell-yeah scary story, man!" Sunwoo yelled "C'mon-- 2 of his body parts was been chopped off! Do you think it was cool?"

Sandeul nodded happily. Sunwoo just sighed and then enjoying his food.

"I don't know what are you thinking about this, Sandeul..." mumbled Sunwoo

"Sorry"

Shinwoo just eating his food and listening to them-- until suddenly Sunwoo poked his arm lightly.

"Yah, Shinwoo" he said "What's wrong? You're so quiet lately"

Shinwoo just smiled, keep chewing his food. "Nothing, Sunwoo"

"But you're so quiet" add Sandeul "And anyway, where's Jinyoung?"

"He has some business to do" replied Shinwoo. Back to 10 minutes ago, when the lunchtime bell just rang:

"Hey Jinyoung"

"Yeah?"

"Are you gonna have lunch with the others?"

"..............."

"... Jinyoung?"

"I''m gonna skip today's lunch"

"Why?"

"I have something to do"

"Ah, okay then... See ya later"

"Sure"

Sandeul just say "oh" , and then back to his lunch. Three of them were quietly having their lunch until the lunchtime bell was ringing, marking that their lunchtime was finished.

Shinwoo and Sunwoo back to their class, and Sandeul also. Shinwoo was looking a sign for Jinyoung-- but he wasn't there. His chair was empty either.

That's strange, he thought. Where's he?

Shinwoo then sit in his chair, wondering about where's Jinyoung go. And after several seconds, Jinyoung manages to enter the class before the teacher comes and sit in his place.

"Having a rush time?" Sunwoo asked

Jinyoung nodded. Shinwoo just look at Jinyoung quietly.

"Nearly late" Jinyoung said, followed by a little sighed. Shinwoo just chuckles.

And then, all of them were having the class

**_*_*_***_*_*

Shinwoo was busy packing his bag while the others were rushing out from the class. Jinyoung remains there, waiting for Shinwoo.

"Hey, Shinwoo"

"Yep?"

Shinwoo looked at Jinyoung. He doesn't sure what Jinyoung was gonna talk about.

"Do you have a spare time?"

Shinwoo tilt his head. "When?"

"This Saturday"

Shinwoo think for a while. He doesn't really have a plan this Saturday-- Chansik didn't ask him to go somewhere, anyway. "Nope. Why do you ask that?"

Jinyoung just says "oh" , and then continue with his topic. "Let's have a walk together"

"What?" Just... both of us?"

Jinyoung nodded. Shinwoo found it so strange-- why he didn't want to ask the others to go out? Why only him?

But then, Shinwoo just says 'okay' about it.

"Starbucks near here, 1 PM" Jinyoung said "Don't be late"

And on that way, Jinyoung left him alone in the class.

Shinwoo feels so strange. Is having a time out together important? If it's important, why just only me, Jinyoung? he thought. But Shinwoo didn't really think about it, and then went home.

__*_*_***__*_*

1 DAY LATER

Shinwoo just arrive from school. He put his bag on his bed, and then turn on the TV. The news was on.

It turns out that they were talking about the murder about the student that was happening 3 days ago. Shinwoo didn't want to hear moer about it, and then just left the TV .

After taking a bath for 19 minutes, Shinwoo go out from his room, and find Chansik looked so frightened and shocked. Shinwoo was so confused and have no idea about it.

"What's wrong, Chansik?" he asked.

Chansik look at his hyung; he was nearly passed out.

"Hyung...." he said with a low voice

"Yes, Chansik?"

"Be... be careful....."

"Why?"

Chansik looked down, and then hold Shinwoo's hands tightly.

"The police found out... that... that..."

"That what, Chansik?"

The next thing that Chansik said, was the one that gave Shinwoo a mental breakdown

"The victim was from your school, hyung. 

Same grade as you."