Ga-in

Undercover Criminals

The silence after Jiyong finished talking was only broken by Ga-in's laughter. Ailee didn't know whether to be relieved the girl could show emotion, or if she should be afraid that this girl's first instinct was to laugh at the morbid story.

"A little melodramatic, don't you think?" Ga-in asked, trying to catch her breath. "I mean, really... don't tell me you cried when your dear daddy died."

She looked at Jiyong with disbelief when he just grunted at her and looked at the floor.

"Incredible. And here I thought you were a tough little guy." Ga-in crossed her legs, and watched Jiyong as if he was an alien that she couldn't wait to dissect and reasearch.

Feeling almost bad for Jiyong (and to avoid him ripping out of the chair and strangling Ga-in, which he looked like he was about to do), Ailee began to speak, "Well, since you seem to be in a better mood, why don't you share your story?"

Ga-in turned her gaze toward Ailee. Yup... the dead look was still there. Hollow and cold.

"I'm Ga-in. My mother was an assassin. She trained me to be like her, so yes... I am an assassin as well. Then she was killed about a month ago. I don't know how or why. Her body was just found lying in the middle of the street."

Ailee wanted to reach for the girl's hand, but something told her it was best not to. In fact, Ga-in didn't look the least bit disturbed. It was like she was telling them her favorite flavor of ice cream is strawberry instead of telling them her mother was murdered.

"I was recently on an assignment to take out one of the military captains and I was caught. Bad luck."

The story ended there, and Ailee stood up, more than ready to leave.

"Thank you, everyone. You will each be lead back to your holding rooms until further notice. Good-night."